I shouldn't complain with all the places on the East Coast who have had severe weather ,with no power in sweltering heat!! Then there is flooded places in Florida and a large forest fire in Colorado ..hmm I guess I take what I get where I am!!
Oh yes back to the deck...I was looking over the gardens and there in the perennial garden was flashes of blue!! The Bluebirds babies have fledged!! In for the camera, but my 250 range was a stretch so cropped photos, and some not so good focus as I tried to sneak closer,and they flitted about !!
I don't mind because they are a delight to have in the garden!!
Four babies all after Mom as you passes by with a meal for one !!
One seems to be left looking like" what's happening "...or maybe hoping Mom comes back around,and he will be the lucky one! : }
Wonder who lives here...doesn't look like our old place !!
Hmmm....Goldfinch to the right ... oooop's this isn't my family!!
Can you find all the babies here??
Poor parents.... the feeding is relentless for these demanding babies!!
I noticed that there seems to be always one of the parents with the babies while they take turns feeding!!
In a few day's the parent most likely will be preparing a home for the next clutch!!
They can have two and sometimes 3 successful nestlings a season!!
Enjoy your Sunday!!
A touch of red and white!!!
Wishing all my Canadian blogger friends a ~~~Happy Canada Day~~!!
Poor parents as you say GG, A lot of work for them for a while. Love the matching blue flowers.{:)
ReplyDeleteOh, what a lovely family of bluebirds! The little fledglings will set off on their own before long. It's neat that you were able to capture them for us to see.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Roy...the blue flowers are Delphinus, at least 5ft tall or more!! I love them!!
ReplyDeleteJean thanks...is it hot enough for you ....whew I don't like this humidity,the heat not so bad!!
We are lucky to be Mainer's though aren't we!!!
Exhausting time for parents Grace.
ReplyDeleteLovely to have the juveniles dancing amongst your pretty flowers.
I have heard about the bad weather across USA.....it seems to be worldwide.
We had floods in the North last week. People had to leave their homes.
Thanks Cheryl...I just saw on face book a friend of mine her husband and child are leaving for his parents in Pennsylvania!! She lives in Virginia and has no power and it is over a 100 degree, and 5 days before possible power back!!
ReplyDeleteRoy...I just realized how I spelled the flower ..it is Delphinium : }}}
Sweet pictures,showing these little ones in a natural state. I love it.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun pictures caught just at the right time. They are grown and gone so very fast. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely to see Grace and as you say, who would be a parent of all those young! ;)
ReplyDeleteJ
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
How sweet they are! What a great garden you have and all those bluebirds are wonderful. I'm glad you haven't had too bad of storms or lost power. Please send some of the rain on to the Midwest. We are desperately in need of it! Our drought is getting very bad. The danger of fires is great here, too. They have banned fireworks for the 4th.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth : }
ReplyDeleteThanks Lois...right time : }
John thanks ...can you imagine having that many babies at the same time ..some people do : }}}
Thanks Mary..the birds seem to enjoy the gardens to!!
I wish I could sent some to you. We just had another storm that dumped so much rain !!
awww they are so cute!! AND how demanding they are I got a taste of that while caring for Milo..BOY could he get loud when he wanted a feeding!!
ReplyDeleteGrace, I love your bluebird post. They are just adorable birds. The speckled chest looks so cute. I love your photos. We missed the really bad storm here but it seems to have hit all the areas around us. Glad you were ok there. Have a Happy 4th of July and a great week ahead.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Great set of images, it sure is a busy time of year for the birdlife right now. as I type this my small garden is playing host to busy parents feeding their young...Starlings (lots, and noisy!!) House Sparrows and Goldfinch and a quick visit by a Magpie collecting food to feed it's youngster on a nearby roof!...[;o)
ReplyDeleteThanks Sondra...I think I missed the post when you let Milo out...I have to go check that !!
ReplyDeleteEileen thanks...glad you was not effected by that storm, so many without power in the heat is awful!!
Trevor thanks ...busy time of the year for the feathered friends, and fun to see!!
What beautiful birds. I love how green everything is, I wish we could get some of that rain out here.
ReplyDeleteBEautiful blue birds! I am sure they were not only demanding but noisy too! My chickadee fledglings were very loud! Very cute to watch. We need rain too, only had a trace in June. Seems like most of Utah is on fire too, about 8 wildfires burning now, just not as much property loss as Colorado. A little scary. Fireworks are banned.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing these wonderful photos of the baby bluebirds. They are so cute. You have some wonderful photos here!
ReplyDeleteBeauty, all of them, bundles of fun. Looking after the babes are tireless, but they love 'em.
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see the fledglings. You just know the parents are biding their time until they can ditch the whole crew.....
ReplyDeleteHow nice to have such a family living so close. They are beautiful. I kind of like the one that shows the view of the bird house that resembles the profile of a mans head and the one with the goldfinch. Thanks Grace.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great set of photos, those little birds were so sweet.
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July! I'm happy to see the bluebirds!
ReplyDeleteGrace, if you had a cardinal there, you would have been close to red, white and blue...Have a wonderful rest of the week and Happy 4th.
ReplyDeleteHello Grace,
ReplyDeleteRemember I said once, you could have your pictures published into a book? Well, if not a book, how about making lots of cards and postcards? You might not see it, but just imagine the joy on peoples faces as they come to your blog. Here we leave comments. In a shop you will get to talk to us.
Take care. Thanks for sharing.
Those poor birds are working non stop this time of the year.
ReplyDeleteThose Bluebirds are beautiful birds to see.
What a wonderful series of photos, from what I see here you live in a beautiful area.
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling me that the flowers in my photo are Echinacea, I had no idea. I love learning things like this from my readers, for me it's one of the pleasures of blogging.
Great captures Grace. What a sweet little Bluebird family. They must be really fun to watch. Mum and dad are obviously being kept busy!
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment to Bob where you said it is 'hotter than the hinges of hell' there! What a great phrase, I've never heard it before :-) i really don't know what's going on with the weather, I have heard about the extreme temperatures over there. We have had nothing but rain here, yesterday we had a month's worth of rain in one day and that is the third time in two months!! Many parts of the UK are flooded for the umpteenth time this year. Stay cool Grace, it's a good excuse to relax and do nothing :-)
P. S. Did you decide if I was correct with my Velvet Grass ID?
All that weather comment and no mention of us poor Brits suffering the wettest June on record and endless flooding. Hope that was none of your doing Gracie.
ReplyDeleteI must say that you are a lucky so and so having Bluebirds nesting in your garden and here's a serious question (honest). If you put more nestboxes up how many Bluebirds could you attract into your endless acres and do they have large territories? Answer by return post please.
for some reason, i thought this was going to be about "hot flashes" hehe
ReplyDeleteyou have cute bird houses and i really like the vine arbor!! great for all our feathered friends!!
love your flowers and ALL the little birds...and your VINE arch thingie is SO cool!!! :)
ReplyDelete