I thought you might like to meet my new neighbors!!
I first noticed the activity near the rock wall in back of the garage while working in the flower garden there, as this busy ball of fur darted in and out of the rock wall!!
Having the birdseed falling from the feeder near by I think sold them on the place.." No' I am sure it did : }!
Well there all moved in and we are getting along pretty well, not sure how this is going to work out if they have kids...: }}
Here he is my new neighbor!
"Hi" my name is Chipmunk, but you can call me "Chip"!!
It sure is a hot day to be moving in.. ."whew "..I'll just take it slow!!
Oh for heaven's sake..."Yes Honey I'm hurrying" !!
Oh..I'm sorry..I just needed a drink of water .. I thought this went with the house..!!
( this is an old galvanized pail with a fountain pump bubbling water up through some rocks..he really likes it!)
Nice patio...a good place to sit and stuff myself!!
"Excuse me for a minute"..".Darn those fleas...drive me crazy" !!
"Ooop"..I think I hear the wife calling!!
"Maybe a little drink before I head in"..Do these go with the house???
"They don't" !!
"Sorry lady", look I think the moon is coming up!! : }}}}
I always have these old galvanized watering can's full of water so I will have water for the potted plants that is not extremely cold like it would be from the watering hose !!
"I love them" ..so much better then the plastic things although heavier !!
I love watching these little guy's jump up there to get a drink!!
All kidding aside I have had more laughs watching these little friendly characters!!
Busy all the time they are...hope they don't have to many kid's!! : / ??
they are so dang cute! i don't get to see chippies here!!! i hope yours are happy!
ReplyDeleteWell they are so delightful Grace.
ReplyDeleteSomething we do not have here, so they are a pleasure to view.
Your witty writing are always such fun....
Love those watering cans :)
Great post Grace, I hope 'Chip' and 'Mrs. Chip' settle into their new home without too much trouble!! I'm sure there will soon be some additions to the family to keep you amused while you're tending your garden!!
ReplyDeleteHow are you fixed for a bit of baby minding?...[;o)
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteNice to see these little critters in the `wild` so to speak! I have been bitten by a pet one before and it rather hurt, I can tell you!
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
I enjoyed your story. They are darling. I'm sad to say I had to chase the family I had away. They were destroying my garden and yard.
ReplyDeleteThey always start out as good neighbors, but I think eventually you'll find they wear out their welcome!
ReplyDeleteThey are incredibly cute.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, the chippers are cute to watch. I love to see them fill their cheeks till their fat and run away. Adorable shots, hope you have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteSWEET! I miss my chipmunks! Used to have one that sat with me in the early mornings. He had his own little dish of seeds on the back step and we communed for a few years before I moved away.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the photo intro of the new neighbors, Grace. Hope they will be good ones cause they sure are cute ones.
ReplyDeleteLOL...adorable! I would welcome him here if you don't want him. I never get chipmunks and think they are just so cute. I'd say you have made the perfect environment for him to stay :-) Love your captions....made me smile.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Lovely photos and a very entertaining read Grace. If we had them here I would feel honoured if they made their home in my garden. I'm sure you will have fun watching them :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Teresa..they are cute !! : }
ReplyDeleteHi Cheryl..It is fun to make up words for them : }...Glad you liked seeing them!!: }
The cans are antiques from family!!
Thanks Trevor..Glad you liked my new neighbors! : }
John sorry about your boo-boo experience : }}} perhaps you squeezed him to tight!! ; } Thanks
Thanks Jill..yup they can get your garden in an uproar!! : }}
Thanks Sue..lol I am afraid your right!!
Thanks Ruth : }
Thanks Eileen..I do love the cheeky look!!
Thanks Karen..lol love your story ..how cute!! : }
Thanks B... they are so funny!!
Thanks Mary..Maybe I could sent you a couple of the kids!! ; }}
Thanks Jan..they do keep me company, and will come right to you ,and won't move when you walk by !!
I think they feel to home : }!!
Mr. Chips is so danged cute, and so much fun to watch. Great photos!!
ReplyDeleteFun account of your new neighbors moving in! Hopefully they will be a good addition to the neighborhood. We don't have the little chipmunks here. The red squirrels we do have are fun to watch, but we have to keep an eye on their activities because they can be very destructive. Amazing what they can chew through!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA, I hope he continues to be a good neighbor...I came home after a few days away to find 3 of my deck plants destroyed by the grey squirrels that I have an infestation of! Im gonna start relocating them again...
ReplyDeleteYOUR little fellow is CUTE. Hope they dont have too many kids..lol
Great shots of him!!
Yes, they are cute- nice narrative.
ReplyDeleteHI CHIP!! welcome to the neighborhood!!
ReplyDeletewe don't have those little cute critters here...so it'll be fun to see what this little guy is up to!!
great shots!
What a cute neighbor you have there, Grace... Nice pictures as always; I love the ones with the watering cans, great shots!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend,
Louise
WoW grace, you really got some great shots, they are quick & oh so cute!!
ReplyDeleteAND your working in your gardens?? really?? it's been so hot here i don't even want to go outside to float in the pool!!
Looks like they're settling in Ok Grace. Much better visitors than squirrels. :-)
ReplyDeleteHow cute, what fine photos. I'm surprised they can get out of those watering cans!
ReplyDeleteLovely looking Chipmunk Grace but its not very big is it? Yes I did say thirty degrees but no one is counting on it over here as the weather people (note my PC is very correct)are just hopeless. Pleased you like the Bee Eaters - handy birds to eat all the wasps when the temperature hits 30 next week. Good luck with the painting and make sure you don't splash any on the decking or your best shoes or leave lying about where those chipmunks can leave footprints everywhere. Your very hot pal Phil.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace! Nice neighbors you´ve got there. Hope they pay the rent :-)
ReplyDeleteYou're funny. Beautiful images of a Chipmunk.
ReplyDeleteGrace, it is exciting just seeing these pictures and reading your funny captions. Very cute, very lively. One has to smile. Mr. Chip looks very much at home already.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun photos. I had a chipmunk here not too long ago. It had been a couple of years since I had seen one.
ReplyDeleteI love chipmunks :-) You have a lot of nice shots Grace. They should be an entertaining family to have around. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteI always love seeing the chippies! So darn cute! But be careful of those watering cans. Our garage suddenly became so foul smelling that surely something had died in there. My daughter cleaning it totally out trying to locate the smell and alas, found a dead chippie in a watering can. Not sure if he couldn't get out of it which would be hard to imagine. Maybe just got trapped in the garage. So sad!
ReplyDeleteLove your pics!
What delightful neighbours! I would love to watch them!
ReplyDeleteCute post! In years past, I have had chipmunks come up on a picnic table and wait for a handout! Some of them will eat right out of your hand.
ReplyDeleteYes, they are cute and fun to watch ... like you say, so long as they don't have too many kids!!
ReplyDeleteCute new neighbours GG, I think.?
ReplyDelete