Sunday, July 8, 2012

~~~My Curious Mind~~~or~~~Why I don't get posts done!~~

I have a draft for a post almost finished just setting there,... been there for a month!!  The only problem is I have this thing that drives me crazy ....."My name is Grace and I am a digger"   With out a doubt when I am writing a  post certain words the names of birds, bugs, flower etc will make my curious mind wonder, and I am on google looking up something about these things!!  Things I have seen all my life, know a common name for, but for some reason suddenly ...hmmm  I wonder??   Time fleets away,and there are other things to get done !!
The post on the Ragged Robin plant is still in draft !! : }
When I started this one ...my beginning line was "I am not on hiatus ..what do you think I did ..that darn word had me from the git go...strange spelling to this word ...what did it derive from!   I was at google before I even knew it!!    I was going for the " break from" definition, but know that you can also have a hiatus hernia  too  : }   Don't bother to look it up, when I got to the Latin and Greek part I came to my senses!! : }
Enough of all that!!  I have a bunch of photos from June that I didn't get to!!
Many of the flowers in the garden go by so quickly ,so I am happy to have photos to revisit there loveliness!!
Hope you will enjoy them too!!



These are my Peonies I have had for many years, and I don't know any of there names ..thank goodness !!












The are so frilly and fancy ,with such soft delicate color's!





This on has a visitor!! 


Mrs Robin sitting on her nest she built in the basket with the broken handle, I hung on the back wall 
of the garage for this very purpose!!  She had the best view of the Peonies 
as they where blooming just below her!!




Enjoy your Sunday !!

29 comments:

  1. Hi Grace, now there's a thing! you've just described 'my method' of writing a blog exactly, and it sometimes takes me all day!!

    But for Google I guess we would be blissfully happy in our ignorance and have more time to attend to those 'more important' things...lol

    The Peonies look beautiful, they must have put on a good show for you... and Mrs Robin?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wunderschöne Fotoimpressionen...

    Grüsse aus der Schweiz und vielen herzlichen Dank für all Deine wunderbaren Kommentare in all meinen Blog...

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing Grace,so tiresome.

    Love your Peonies, don't need to know the names because they are just so beautiful to look at, and that is all I need.

    Aaaah, so cute, love the Robin :)
    Ours nested in a watering can pushed and tied in the Beech Hedge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi grace,

    gosh, i do the same exact thing, i'm afraid...


    i just love your peony photos.
    they are all exquisite!
    glad to have found your blog.

    have a great remainder of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful flower images GG.
    You can fill your walls with large canvas images of these they are fabulous.
    Yes, enquiring mind, I have that problem as well. Annoying isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Peonies are gorgeous,but it is the Robin who steals the show this time. What a perfect spot for a nest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved these pictures, just beautiful. My flowers fizzled badly this year between the slugs and the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mind is like that too, I have to control myself or would never get anything done.

    LOVE your photos, they do capture the texture of this beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and that robin, perfect place to raise her family. That was kind of you to do that for her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you made me laugh with the googling. :) such a cutie you are. your peonies are/were gorgeous! that first shot, especially. and mrs. robin - lucky to have such a great place hung for her to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful flower shots!!
    i love Mrs Robin sitting there...giving you the eye! ha!

    i know what you're saying...about the posts and looking info up...it can take WAY too long...and can be pretty stressful & tiresome... :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace,

    You want your blog to be perfect and it is because you are a true person.

    It happens to me too, not being able to remember a plant's name and I think it is normal... Some plants have been in the garden for so many years, you can't remember them all.

    Anyhow, your peonies are gorgeous and I love them all. The robin in the basket is a great picture.

    Have a great Sunday and week!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had the same problem when a young boy and my World Book Encyclopedias. I would go to look up something and get side-tracked on some other entry and would wind up spending hours reading the encyclopedias. You can well imagine the issues I now have with the Internet. Wonderful flower fotos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trevor ..whew I am not alone ; }
    Thanks so much , ya it is probably better to be in blissful
    ignorance : }}}

    Thank you so much Han-Peter..and you are welcome I enjoy your posts!!


    Cheryl my dear friend don't you just enjoy having the birds take advantage of us : }} Thanks!!

    Thanks Betty for stopping by and your kind comment!!


    Roy thanks..your sweet for saying that...yes annoying isn't it, but educational to !!

    Thanks Ruth glad you enjoy Mrs Robins choose for nesting!!


    Sherry thanks for stopping by and your comment...I also have those darn slugs yuck...the deer also!!

    Thanks Tammy...I love it also when the Robin nest in the baskets ..I have others on that wall to!! I need to get by to see you!!

    Teresa thanks..ya I am google addicted lol!!

    Laura thank you so much ...I agree with you, glad to know I am not alone ; }

    Louise thanks you so much, and for the compliment !!

    Thanks John...I think this goes way back for me to, because I like you did the same with the encyclopedia..lol : }

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grace, thanks for honestly telling us of your habit to learn new things and just making sure what you know is correct. It got confessions out of so many other. ;) The Peonies (what a name!) look like nature's dessert in delicate cups; perfect for summer. Mrs. Robin has much to keep her at peace. What a beautiful garden! Thanks for letting us visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grace, these peonies are lovely and quite worth the wait (for us). Yes I know what you mean about going to post and then getting sidetracked. Right now I have several post ideas started in draft form and several more still in the "thinking" stage. Always amazes me to read that some folks have "nothing to post about . . ." As the late Nora Ephron once said (reportedly) "there's a story in everything" and that's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG your peonies are awesome...I have one bush and it bloomed right when we had so much rain, and it didnt fare well...NOW its hot and dry..
    Love the little smart Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found you through Debbie at It's All About Purple. You have a delightful blog. I'm thrilled to see your beautiful peonies!

    I'm your newest follower.
    *hugs*
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL ... yep, that happens to me! Beautiful peonies .. they are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Robin has got the best spot to live; lucky bird.
    Beautiful flowers Grace; and yea, my mind wanders at times too. The unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Thank goodness for Google lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Grace. I think that "hiatus hernia" was not exactly tht term you were seeking- sounds more like a man thing to mme. Now Mrs Robin in the shopping basket is definitely where you should be. By the way did you read my explanation of why you lovely people "borrowed" the word robin from us Brits? I'll forgive you this time but don't let it happen again, especially where hummers are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoy my peonies, too. They've gone by already this year, but hopefully there's next year! Love that basket that became a nesting site! What a great use for it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grace, I love your beautiful peonies. And the robin on the nest is adorable. I am sure she loves the view of the peonies, I would love to see them. Lovely photos and post. I wish you a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Peonies are beautiful Grace. They are lovely flowers, so big and blowsy, I have one which is apple blossom scented.

    Love the photo of your Robin, it looks so snug in there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoops! I forgot to say, I could have written your first paragraph myself, I can spend hours google hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your peonies are gorgeous, Grace! I keep thinking I'm going to get some peonies going in my garden, but so far haven't. There's still time this year, so maybe I'll just do it.

    I have the same problem when I'm writing a post. I spend a lot of time searching to make sure what I'm writing is really true, and it is very easy to get sidetracked with all that interesting stuff out there. I've learned a whole lot since I've been blogging, and hopefully the information I've passed on has been correct.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those peonies are gorgeous and love the last photo of the basket nest and the robin sitting there. What a great idea on recycling a basket.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mrs. Robin has good taste in nesting sites....a lovely basket and beautiful peonies to look at! I may try hanging some baskets....good idea!

    ReplyDelete