Sunday, June 24, 2012

~~"Focusing' ~~"On What???"

It was a quite windy day when I struck out for a walk with the camera with the thought in mind of seeing what the camera lens would focus on in these conditions !!
The wind was blowing across the fields, swaying back and forth....a sea of grasses and wild flowers , a sight I do love so much!!
I was thinking as I started this post that the camera lens is like I feel a lot of the time ...I just seem to get a focus on what I want to do or achieve!!  Then I seem to sway from one thing to another,loosing  focus.
The camera lens tries to adjust itself ..back and forth trying to pinpoint on one thing, and sometimes it just can't , and most of the time it grasps on instantly.  A click and  it's locked in ...hmmm ...if only I could get my mind  to do that !!!
I took 250 random shot's  on action setting...a lot of trash ones : } Well anyway ....



Focused more on the Wild Roses...

Here the grass...(if anybody knows what this grass is ..I just love it )





Swaying to the East!!
I love this grass ..the fields are lovely with it right now!!

then to the West...(yes I know my directions : } )


Poor Swallowtail Butterfly tries to land on the clover with the wind blowing against him...


the wind shifted , the clover was blown in the opposite direction , and he was able to grasp hold!!

The field next to my property, taken from the road ...it is hard to tell, but this field is just dancing 
and swaying with Daisy,Buttercups, and different kind of grasses!!



You may recognize the log bird house...this is from the road  toward the back of my property
with swaying grass in foreground!!


Updates: 
My Sister left Friday morning with her oldest daughter to help drive ( she will fly home) ,
and as of last report they had reached the destination (Huntsville Alabama )around midnight last night !!
One less thing to focus on...well the vote is still out on that one ...time will tell how that all works out for her!

I have to go back to the eye doctor ...speaking of focus ; } . My glasses need to be adjusted!! 
I am seeing through the left lens narrow paged to wider at the top 
..hmmm...or maybe it is me , and not the glasses!!!

Do you remember a few post back about the Deer in my backyard, and I spoke 
about the turkey, and the Deer stand off, and wished I had gotten a shot of it?
Because it was raining a pour that day I went for the binoculars to see what was going on, then I tried a shot thinking it wasn't going  to work I didn't check it..well when I downloaded some photos I found this!! 

This is after the deer edged ever so slowly out of the field after being corralled  by Mr.Turkey while the Misses guided the youngsters of away from the big bad deer  : }!!

Today is my grandson's 11th birthday so will be seeing him later on today !!

That's all the printable updates : }...rag gossip,brag, and etc.
Hope your weekend has been a special on!!

33 comments:

  1. Ein sanfter Wind streift über Felder und lässt sie in leisen Wellen schwingen. Fantatstische Bilder...

    Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE wild grasses! i don't know their names, but think they are as beautiful as wildflowers. :)

    congrats on your sister - off to pursue her new life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post, the photos are a real pleasure to see. Happy Birthday to your grandson and hope everything goes well for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful images of the grasses and the butterfly. The last image of the deer and turkeys is special. Sometimes we get the story from far away, but it is so great to have the story at all!

    Happy Sunday,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace,

    Wild grasses are just magical. I love them. When I walk Nella I often stop at the farmers gate and gaze across his meadow, I find it quite therapeutic.
    The red grass is such a lovely deep colour.....

    Love the deer and turkey image :)

    Hope sister is happy and you get your glasses sorted out ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those swaying grasses as you focused on flowers, Grace. You can almost see the swaying, I swear.

    Is this your first change in prescription after the cataract surgery? If so, you'll see a dramatic change in your vision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful grassland images GG. You could make a great enlargement of one of these and hang it on a wall. Just lovely. If you have a problem with the Auto focus on that lens try a few adjusted and varied shots with the lens on manual focus. You would be surprised at the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace, your images are beautiful. And the reddish grasses are my favorite. But, I also love the field of yellow buttercups and daisies. Cool sighting of the deer and turkeys. I wish are a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those swaying grasses. I love to see a field of beautiful grasses dancing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could live forever penniless in such a beautiful and peaceful environment. You should take macro photography.

    Ed Butowsky portfolio optimization

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Han-Peter..the wind is very poetic!!


    Teresa..thank you..I agree with you on that!!


    Thanks Denise!!


    Thanks Lois...the deer was a long shot and poor conditions, but yes it tells the story : }}


    Cheryl..thanks my friend...I agree with your thoughts on the wild grasses: }}


    Jean thanks..I hope you didn't get sick to your stomach ; }
    Yes my first , only 5 weeks after my last surgery!!


    Thanks so much Roy..to kind..but I'll take it : }!!
    I was more or less playing with it here ..I will take your suggestion , and give it a try!! : }}

    Eileen thank you so much!!


    Thank you Ruth : }

    Justsoyouknow..thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the grasses are gorgeous, i can feel their movement!!

    you are so lucky to have deer, right in the back yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Grace, gee I have missed your posts but can understand how time can run short and when family is visiting it is far more important to spend time with them than with us fellow bloggers. Sure easy to shot a lot of shots and then wonder why? But it's also fun and the cost is right too, plus having fun is priceless. Best wishes on the glass adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have an amazing area for taking photos of those fields. I would be in hog heaven. And to see wild turkey and deer.

    Happy belated birthday to your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the wild & swaying grasses and flowers!! i can FEEL the wind!! and the butterfly...usually you don't see them out much when it gets too windy! he must've been pretty hungry!

    very cool backyard visitors!!

    i hope your sister made it to AL without getting TOO water logged...it's been raining like crazy for the past couple of days here in north FL due to the storm in the gulf!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos of the grasses! I seem to have the same problem with focus.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Grace,

    I love these pictures! The fields are beautiful with the wind.

    #5 & #6 are really great! I love these plants and the compositions are just perfect.

    I hope the eye doctor will help you; eyes are so important...

    Have a great week,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was driving through the countryside today and noticing the fields of grasses and grains, and thinking I really need to photograph these fields. You have convinced me it's something that must be done. Thank you Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the grasses are just as beautiful as flowers. You have captured some beautiful photos. I love daises and buttercups almost as much as roses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like the lens focus well even if you did throw away quite a lot of shots, but don't worry this is what happen to everybody after a walk with a camera ;-) Nice sotry about the deer and turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Grace, Lovely to see all those pretty wildflowers and grasses. It looks as windswept there as it has been a lot of the time here. We still have lots of rain and barely any sun :-( The Swallowtail is a real beauty and the deer and turkey photo was fun!

    I think the grass is what we call 'Yorkshire Fog' (Holcus lanutus) and I think it is called velvet grass in the USA.

    I hope all goes well for your sister, you must let us know how it goes, it's always nice to catch up with the goss ;-) Hope you get the glasses sorted out too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Grace, I love the wind and the swaying grasses too! It all looks so picturesque! I hope all goes well for your sister and Happy Birthday to the grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Grace,

    Just popped over to give you a gentle hug :)
    Hope you find someone cheap, cheerful, and capable of doing the things needed around you home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such beautiful shots of the wild grasses. And love your wrens in the previous post. I really need to hang some houses to attract them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice photos - I love long grass and can just imagine that field swaying in the breeze. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Grace,

    Your descriptions are beautiful. It gives life to the pictures. In my opinion, the distance shot (picture #9) best captures what you desire to share. Thank you for all the good things you share.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The wind gave the grasses a nicepainterly quality

    ReplyDelete
  28. A wonderful post Grace.. love the grasses swaying to and fro.
    Hugs Drew xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi grammie, I really like all of your photos very much. I like the fact that you take photos of Natures simple beauty. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the grasses, swaying in the wind, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Grace, or looking at that long grass I'm rechristening you as Gracie Fields and advising you to get on your mower pretty quick - Its the only action shots you are going to get for a while. The grass looks like ours over here, still blowing away in June and July when its supposed to be summer, and yes I'm moaning about the weather agin. A couple of those Swallowtails would cheer me up though if you could bring some over when you come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like your swaying grasses and flowers...very pretty! I think your insight on "focus" is right on. I can blame my poor photos on the camera's focus...or lack of focus...but who do I blame for my own lack of focus?? I think I know the answer to that :-) Hope you get the glasses straightened out and can see better.

    ReplyDelete
  33. How wonderful your summer meadows are and to have bluebirds fledging in your garden is an absolute treat. If you say that red grass is a grass, I believe you although it looks like flowering Sorrel.
    Great that you can at least see the little birdies frolicking about.

    ReplyDelete