Friday, April 13, 2012

~~~"WOW".. "WHO TURNED THE LIGHTS ON"~~~!!

One down and one more to go...Cataract surgery to the right eye is over and it has a new lens...sure am glad I have health insurance.  Now... if I could just get then to pay for a new lens for my camera ; } lol
My left eye will get done on the April 25Th, so for awhile this eye will be totally out of whack with the right  one which is doing well "now"!!  My doctor said the cataract was very dense and wide so it would take longer for the eye to adjust itself!!
 It has been 10 days since the surgery,and my days have gone  like this ...blinking, blurry, watery,twitching, itching, drops ,drops, drops 3 at a time 3 times day until May 10Th ,but so worth it !!   I can't believe the dim light blurry sight I had, but all I have to do is cover the done eye, look through the left and there it is!!  Wow it is amazing what the doctors can do today !!!  
I am so thankful to my blogger family who have supported and had concerns for me ...you are all very important to me and I have missed visiting you !
I have a couple of teaser's (who will remain anonymous) who referred to an eye patch ...well I didn't have one ..walked out of  there with just dark glasses ..haha!! : }}}}   but in there defense some doctors do have there patients wear one for a few day's!! : }
Well I went out yesterday around the garden for a while the sun was filtered some ( got to get used to the brightness ) and found a few flower that look bright and cheery  that I will share with you ...hope they look okay , if not please be kind and say.. ooop... maybe you better wait until the other eye is done  ; }!!














I am sure you can see that little ball of color in back of the Viola ...I have seen then many times in the last months before surgery, not as pronounced as that, but dots of color and rings of color when a bright light was in front of me !!
So my camera lens has some dots and some are in the camera itself ..
now how did that dot appear like that...I was really surprised to see it, 
"I do see one don't I " now don't anybody give me a hard time ; }


Here are a couple of my old buddies I saw while out!!

Northern Mockingbird ..."real characters"..He likes the fruit I put out for him!!

One of the many Mourning Doves who hang out under the deck taking dust baths in the sand!!
Looking up at me on the deck!!
Thanks again ...and I  know I owe a few emails to some, and I am sorry I haven't done so yet , but before the 25th I hope to visit you all as much as possible and gets some post out !!!

 

32 comments:

  1. Happy to hear the one eye is done and the second close to being done. What a new lease on life. Yes, we can be thankful for the technology that keeps us seeing. Awful to be blind ... especially to go blind at an older age. Me Mither is almost blind and what can you do when you are old and can not see?

    You've some lovely colours. I finally got a spec of colour in my yard this week. It's a start anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Grace, what a time you have had! Being here, there and everywhere at the moment, I had not realised you were getting the chopper. I an sooo glad it was such a success and wish you all the very best for the other eye.
    We'll be away for a couple of weeks, I have to take that poor demented man o' mine on trips. It does not make anything better but at least he feels that we are doing something.

    You are going to the top of my prayer list.

    {{{Hugs}}} . . . Arija

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to you!!! one down, one to go! and your blooms are beautiful. i especially loved the johnny jump-ups aka violas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Told you !!!!!
    Six weeks since my second eye, seen the consultant for the last time and all ok.
    Good luck girl...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH wonderful you have one behind you! Great that you are ready to get the other one done too. YOUR photos are awesome...Enjoy your SPRING with better vision!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the good news about your eye lens. Lovely photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace. Glad to hear the surgery went so well. It's amazing how we can adjust to something like our sight getting cloudy and how wonderful getting back to normal is. When the second eye is done, it'll be like seeing everything for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad the surgery went well. My biggest surprise was the TV, it got so much brighter, then as I looked around the room, I noticed lots of cob webs in corners. Good luck with your second eye. I wore a patch and looked like a pirate!!
    Love your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to hear your doing good ! My mum had both eyes done as well years ago and had to wear the dark glasses and have the drops but when it was all healed she said her vision was better then ever ! Wonderful photos ! Hope all goes well . Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! Glad things went well and you can see much better....or working on it anyway :-) You certainly took some lovely photos with your new lens! Your flowers are gorgeous. You sound just like I did after my knee surgery. It was work and expense, but when it was done, I wondered why I didn't do it sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for you. The flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace, I'm so happy your doing well. I am glad the surgery was such a success and that your eyes will be in tip top shape!! Your photos are beautiful... purple is one of those colors that God must have created on a very special day...it's majestic!! Hope to see you soon...love and hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Grace It's wonderful to hear alls going well..
    I love the title of this post it expresses how you must be feeling so well and your images are lovely.

    A big hug from me xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to see a new post from you, Grace. I'd been wondering how your "new eye" is doing. Mine is doing well, too. The eye drops, three of them, four times a day, are getting a little old, but I'm plugging away.

    The little blue flowers are Scilla, I think. We've got tons of them here, and they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO GLAD to hear that everything went well...and just the fact that you're complaining of the eye drops...the blurriness...the blinking...the bright lights...means you are healing...and it was worth it!! :)

    a couple of my clients had the cataract surgery too...no patch, like you...just the dark glasses...and it's AMAZING how perfect their eyesight is now!!
    anyway...happy to hear you're doing good!! keep healing!!

    LOVE the colorful flowers!! wow!! those are enough to brighten anyone's day and make you SMILE!

    and the mockingbird...and the dove...COOL and terrific shots!!

    take care Grace. have a great saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grace, I'm so glad all went well and that you are seeing the benefit (sorry about the pun!!) from your surgery. I had spotted you commenting on one or two blogs so thought you must be on the road to recovery. Very best wishes for the 25th also.

    Your photos are lovely, such pretty Spring flowers, I particularly like the Crocuses with the backlighting and of course I like the bird photos too. The little Northern Mockingbird is a pretty little chap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do believe you, not to worry about that. I just hope that your eyes will be much better. The pictures of superb flowers and the Mocking Bird are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Grac1

    I'm glad everything went well for you! My mother had the same operation and now she comes here without glasses and I'm the one who wearing them... She's 76 and I'm almost 54!

    Don't worry, the pictures you took are great! I love the scilla (blue flowers). Mine will be blooming within the next few days for the first time! So I was happy to see yours!

    Great pictures, great to see you are feeling well!

    Have a nice weekend and take care!
    Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad your back dear Lady, super flower images and a couple of nice birds to finish off.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those flowers are a real treat Grace. Beautiful.
    Good to hear the surgery went ok.
    I bet you can't wait to get the other one done.
    25th, hmmmm, big day for me too lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cicero...Thanks..sorry about your Mom..

    Thanks Arija..hope you have a lovely time lol!! ; }

    Thanks Teresa...

    Sondra ..thanks so much !


    Euthymic Thanks you !!



    Steve my friend thanks so much!!


    Muffy..lol..yes cob webs,and dust...and I thought there was something wrong with the TV..NOT
    Thanks!

    Elaine..thanks : }}

    Mary..thanks for you concerns and prayers ...: }}}


    Ruth...thanks it's grest!!


    Andrew..thanks ..yes I thought it was fitting..; }


    Jean..thanks and I am glad your eye is doing great..nice huh!!

    Thanks Laura...ya complaining is a good sign..hahaha ; }!!

    Thanks so much Jan for your incouragement ...appreciate it my friend!! : }}

    Bob...thanks I like your attitude!! : }}


    Louise...thanks...glad your getting spring weather and yes they are Scilla and lovely blue!! : }


    Hey Roy...thanks so much.your a kind gentelmen ; }!!


    Keith..thanks ... and glad to see you back too..now that is a teaser..what's with the 25th for you ?????!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Grace, you have been missed and Grenville and I were glad to read that all went well. Hope the second eye surgery is just as successful. Seeing better means you will post lots more photos too...ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for clear vision! How awesome for you. Beautiful sights you share. Best to you Grace! Wishing you quick healing too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. did i miss this, i guess i did!! lot's of purple here and your little violets are tiny hearts!!

    good to "see" you again, pun intended!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad to hear the surgery went well. Now you'll be looking forward to getting the other done so you can finally see better. Marty was very happy with the improvement in his vision after he had the surgery done, especially since he was able to get rid of heavy lenses in his glasses.

    I am envious of the lovely flowers in your yard. We've been getting up in the 50s during the day so our snow is melting fast, although the yard is still white. I did see a little Junco yesterday at my feeders, so spring is definitely on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done Grace, so pleased your op went well. Are you sure they didn't fit a new camera lens as well because your pictures are just great this time. I like the Mockingbird too, a handsome sort of chap - just like me, as you could now see with your new eye. Good luck with the other eye, there will be no stopping you then.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful blooms! Glad your eye surgery went well, I am sure you will be thrilled when the other one is done too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad to hear it went well! Must really make a difference. Your photos are great, love that mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Grace. Now, if you can take pictures like these with only one good eye I can wait to see what's to come when you have two good eyes!

    I hope it all goes well for you on the 25th. and that you make a speedy recovery and you are soon back to posting some super images...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Grace,
    You are half-way through, so it is almost over... Take care and good luck... My heart is with you and I hope you will get nice pictures after that....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Grace,

    I am so pleased to read that your surgery went well and that the world is a brighter place:)
    My father had both eyes done around two years ago and has never regretted it.
    He did have a patch......so cute, he looked like a pirate.

    Lovely to see your garden in it's springtime gown.....and your lovely feathered friends coming to greet you.

    Love and hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have been wondering about you and your eye surgery. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I know my mother-in-law had hers done years ago and she had the same reaction, "wow, what a difference!" your photos are all wonderful showing the beautiful spring flowers! I bet you are enjoying this spring warmth! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for the next eye to be done. Her's to a clear view of this bright world!

    ReplyDelete