Tree Swallows and Flycatcher's, ( couldn't ID which one) where skimming the water near the river bank for insects quite successfully, but to far off for photos!! Plenty of Goldfinches and Song Sparrows singing happy songs,while off in the near by field a gang of Crows where having a very loud discussion!!
With the bird opportunities not looking good I took photos of the trees and how lovely the buds and blooms where ...such a great time spring with all it brings, "well not the bugs though"!! ; }
So these are those photos :
Forsythia bush growing in front of and old house !
The only thing I saw on the river...some people enjoying the day!!
On the way back home I saw the following!!
A Grackle came out of a hole on the cut limb!!
The Yellow Rumped Warbler back for the summer season ..I wanted a shot
to show the yellow on his rump, but no go!!
A hard cropped out of the Alders is the Palm Warbler (have you got a magnifying glass)
this was my proof positive shot for my ebird count
if questioned on my sighting (it is a migrant bird and still listed as rare this early)!
Goldfinch blending in with the young leaves on the Poplar tree!!
The cutest sight ...my neighbors grandson helping his Pepere with his gardening!! : }}}
Part II .. Ducks not where I expected!!
Lovely artistic shots GG and the header looks superb.
ReplyDeleteYou have to mix and match with nature.
There is always something different to photograph.
Lovely images from your walk, Grace! I love the YRW and the Palm Warbler. Usually the YRW are the first warbler we see here in Maryland. There seems to be a lot of Palm Warbler moving thru. I also saw one yesterday. I enjoyed your post and photos. Wishing you a happy week ahead.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos . I enjoyed the walk with you . Isnt it just so lovely to go for a nature walk with camera in hand, I love it ! Have a wonderful day !
ReplyDeletethe blooming/budding trees are beautiful. too funny about the kingfisher! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Roy...glad you like..thank you so much ...your right.. can't always get what you want so you go with what your given : }}!! It works out to be the best sometimes!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Eileen..the YRW and the Palm W two lovely birds, but hard to photograph ..they like that thick brush!!
Thanks Elaine..it sure is especially this time of year with the returning birds, you never know who will show up! : }
Thanks Teresa...I laughed about myself ..after!!
ReplyDeletea fun walk about Grace!! I agree its hard to get those migrants to stand still long enough for a shot..You got some good ones tho....my forsythia bloomed in January!! I could come up north and have a do over,,,,go back in time eh?
ReplyDeleteA lovely walk with beautiful sights.Yes,the young child helping in the garden is precious.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful spring images. I especially like the little guy in the last one. :)
ReplyDeleteFeine Lichtblicke, feine Augenblicke, wunderbare Frühlingsbilder...
ReplyDeleteGrüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Lovely spring photos! The best is of that dear little gardener!
ReplyDeleteHi!! I was just at Lois's blog and noticed your comment about her iris. So, I thought I'd pop by and introduce myself.
ReplyDeleteI too am a grandmother of two [boys...one 21 and the other 16]. I loved you're image shares in this blog post.
It seems we have a lot in common, walking, birding [which I love to do] and gardening. Tho, my 'garden' is the entire yard full of flowers and blooming bushes/trees.
Nice to meet you.
Some very nice photos from your river walk Grace. As you said Spring is a great time, don't forget those insects you're not so keen on are much loved by the birds :-) That little Yellow Rumped Warbler is a pretty little bird, I look forward to seeing more of them through the Summer.
ReplyDeleteI love the header!
Such beautiful walks Grace. I would never get any housework done....actually I may just enjoy that :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightful child.....such a handsome tiny tot :)
What a pleasant day you had there, plenty of birds to cure yourself of anything.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post Grace... lovely images and it sounds like you are enjoying life.. the little fella looks so cute with his spade.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images grace, you would think the birdies are my favorites but the little gardner stole my heart!!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, looks like Spring has started to arrive in your neighbourhood at last, with some nice colourful blossoms on show now.
ReplyDeleteAnd what about those Mallard, right on your doorstep, cheeky or what?
And Grace, all the best for tomorrow!...[;o)
thanks for sharing your SPRING sightings Grace!!
ReplyDeletewe don't have the Warblers and Goldfinches down here...at least i don't think i've ever seen any!
thanks for the WALK!! (i guess your eye(s) are all healed!!? and everything is so much BRIGHTER now, eh? :) )
...i just went back to your older post and saw that you had said the 25th you get your other eye done!! that's tomorrow! good luck grace...take it easy...and heal quickly! :)
ReplyDelete