Here in Maine , like many of you are experiencing, we have had flowers blooming and birds nesting that is always a mid-May happening...with much higher then normal days with some up to the 80 degree mark has pushed things ahead !!
We just came through a period of 6 to 8 weeks of a 6 inch below normal of ground water, with many days in a row of" severe forest fire alert" all over the state!! Many fire break outs ,but thanks to the Forest Ranger they have been caught before a lot of danger was done !!
On Sunday it started to rain , and did it ever ...close to 24 hours and 4 inches later ..well let's just say the fire alert is off for now : }}!!!
I have photo's from around my property for you so hope you enjoy!!
My very favorite bird "the Bluebird"...on the Catalpas tree , the most
favorite sitting tree in the yard, because it does not leave out
until late spring and it is a great look out tree !!
I was real happy when I saw that I had caught the Bluebird with his wings spread!!
Male Cowbird in the favorite tree!!
One of my favorites is the wild violet's!!
The Phoebe almost hiding in the favorite tree!!
It means so much to me to have this world wide group of special people that I have gotten to know as a part of my daily life ... Thank you all again...♥ Grace
I hope everything goes alright, with the surgeon. And, I must say that Bluebird is my fave.
ReplyDeletegorgeous images today, the sky shot was my favorite. i hope your surgery goes well grammie, be nice to the nurses, just in case they have to give you a shot. they remember the fistey ones!! hehe
ReplyDeletei hope you were able to get those recieving blankets in the mail, it's been chilly here and those babies need to be kept warm!!
i'll go easy on you today since your having surgery but only till your feelin' better. i'll know when that happens....
first of all, hurray for the rains! second, i hope this surgery goes as well as the first! and your photos are lovely!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteWild violets are one of my favourite too!! They grow all over the garden here and always looks so pretty.
I love the image of the bluebird.....beautiful.
I do so hope your op goes well Grace and will be thinking of you :)
Best o luck to you...It will be great for you after the surgery no doubt. Kisses winging their way to you to.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos ! The weather has been weird here as well. Praying all goes well today and for the days ahead ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteWonderful pics Grace your Bluebird is a beautiful bird I don't get to see.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing your images this summer and after this op I think you will to.
A big hug from me xxx
Lovely violets GG.
ReplyDeleteKeep smiling.
Wonderful pictures! :) Love that bluebird in flight.
ReplyDeleteOH that wing spread shot is awesome Grace, you snapped that perfectly.
ReplyDeleteBEST OF LUCK today with your second eye, I know you will ace it!!
Hurry back cause we will miss you!!
I am late checking on blogs,so I do hope that all went well today. I loved all the pictures today.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are gorgeous, I agree with you, the blue bird in flight is the best. Hope this surgery goes well also, soon the drops will be finished and you will be home free. With a brighter outlook on life!! hehe
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your beautiful photos of the birds in your 'neck of the woods.' I loved the blue bird photos. Take care. We are thinking of you as you go through your surgery.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your beautiful photos of the birds in your 'neck of the woods.' I loved the blue bird photos. Take care. We are thinking of you as you go through your surgery.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! What a relief those rains must have been. Our spring is always very dry and fire danger is always present and I'm always glad to get a good soaking rain early on. I hope your surgery went well. I'm sure you'll soon be enjoying seeing the world with two good eyes and wondering why you didn't do it sooner.
ReplyDeleteGrace, we will be thinking of you and trust all will go well with this second operation. Enjoyed the blues and purples in these shots. Imagine how much more colorful future posts will be with those great eyes.
ReplyDeleteHope your second cataract surgery went well. Isn't it great to be able to see clearly? I have a new appreciation for your stunning photography now that I realize you were taking those amazing shots despite eyes in need of cataract surgery! We have bluebirds in our back yard, and the cardinals have finally come back. I put out the hummer feeder yesterday, so they should be arriving any day now.
ReplyDeleteTrust all went well with you today ... look forward to a good report. It will be so nice to have that behind you. Whew!
ReplyDeleteDear Grace, I am praying for your eye surgery and trusting the Lord to restore your vision.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got some rain..I know how worrying "bushfire season" can be!
I LOVE the photo of the bluebird with it's wings spread out!
Simply wonderful!!
bless you..Trish xx
Sorry to be a couple days late wishing you the best on your other surgery! I hope by now you are seeing clearly in both eyes. Hugs and prayers from here!
ReplyDeleteHi Grammie, thought I would check out your blog. WOW! You got some great photos. I like them all but, I like the Bluebird with its wings spread the best. You don't catch that kind of shot often. Good luck on your surgery.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteI hope you are recovering well! These birds are very nice, especially the Phoebe in the tree. Love the violets, the ones here are just starting to bloom!
Have a nice Sunday,
Louise
I love that beautiful sunset (or sunrise) with all the colored clouds. I love violas also and your bluebirds are so sweet! BTW, I have not seen a single siskin this year or last fall!
ReplyDeleteI like Bluebirds too. They are very skittish, so I have a hard time getting photos of them. You did great!
ReplyDelete