Was I pleased to find this large limb across my driveway Sunday morning?..NO !
Was I happy to see that is was not on the roof of my house?... YES!
Did I find it humorous to get "8 inches"of heavy wet snow from Saturday
evening into Sunday morning? NO!!
"Come on" this is way to early for this stuff ...
it is melting fast though, but not fast enough for me!!
...
One of natures Halloween tricks perhaps!
This branch has the cavity that was the home of the Kestrel family that
I did posts on this summer...if you look close the hole is in the middle of the crest
in the photo above this one!! : {
Many people where without electric power from early Sunday morning until early evening
yesterday...not because of this tree, but of the many trees and branches that
broke, and took down power lines all over !
"So no power ..no Internet!!"
That's what was up with me not being around!
Hope I get caught up eventually !
PS:
If you are a regular reader, and saw my previous post I have to tell you that I did get an "apology" from Officer______ !!
I recieved a phone call Wednesday evening from him " Grace _____ " this is Officer______ I am 5 minutes away, if it is okay I would like to stop by and discuss with you the other evenings incident" ...Yes that would be fine !
Now mind you I understand mistakes are made, but with visable house, and mailbox numbers, ...well yes there is no street lights,.....but the neighbors house in question has a outdoor flood light that comes on at dark ( they reside in Florida ),and has a security system that went off...which he was sent to check out.....Let's just say I got an apology....with a 20 minute speech full of but's !!
I have since spoke with the neighbor (whose home was to be checked by the officer ) She told me how sorry,and very upset she was over the mistake and that she had called the Police Dept. ... sooooo ...hmmm I am thinking a ( save face) apology maybe???? lol..
It's all good ....and "Grenville " of the Frog and the Penguin...you best not be laughing about this snow
event ! ; }
Grace, I hope this is not a warning for what's to come!
ReplyDeleteHere, in the Eastern part of the UK, we're currently experiencing rainfall below and temperatures (about 6 to 8 degrees) above the average for the time of year!! The weather seems to have gone mad!
Glad you got your apologies, if a little half heartedly...[;o)
Sorry Grace I'm laughing fit to bust.
ReplyDeleteA wee snow fall knocks out the best google poster. Get a dongle. Even America must have those.
Glad you are back.
Grace,
ReplyDeleteHave you ever thought about writing a book. There are not many dull moments with you.
I am glad you eventually got an apology. Somebody was not doing there job properly !!
Snow, now you can keep that youe end please :) I am always a little worried when I see snow across the pond, as more often than not, in the weeks that follow, it ends up here.
Now tell me....who is going to move the branch?
I was sad to read it is the tree that housed your lovely birds of prey......
Thankfully that branch did not land on your house.
ReplyDeleteUiii, das ist ja verrückt. Gegen die Natur kommen wir Menschen nicht an, aber zerstören liegt der unserer Macht.
ReplyDeleteDer Mensch gehört zur Natur
und die Natur gehört zum Menschen.
Die Natur gehört aber NICHT dem Menschen!
Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Glad you are back online. Sorry about losing that limb that houses the Kestrels. Yet glad it did not fall on your house! Take care and stay warm. Whether we like it or not, I think Winter is here.
ReplyDeleteHI Trevor...thanks...
ReplyDeletewe was having a lovely Autumn with above average temp's.and lovely sunny days..lol.
so be prepared anything is possible!! ; }}
Hi Adrian...hmmmm...yes we do have them. but not being to savy on this stuff I would rather to just wait it out!! I do go a little bonker though without my PC!!
Thanks my friend...and I glad you had a good laugh!! : }}}}
Hi Cheryl...hahaha!! I could add more...lol!!
Hmmmm ..book.. I probably would get of on some jag and never finish it! lol
My neighbors sons came early Sunday and moved the tree to the side with a tractor bucket..without me asking...nice neighbors..they are going to cut it up and haul it away for me!! : }} I am going to watch when they cut it to see if there a skeletons of mice and birds that the Kestrels feed there babies..I know..I curious like that! lol : }
Hi Ruth...thanks me to.. very thankful!!
Hello Hans-Peter...thnak you...yes we humans have no control over nature..it does it's own thing and we just have to live with it...: }}
Hi Kathyrn...thank you.. I was hoping the Kestrels might return next year : {{
I am afraid you are right...the good warm days of summer are done and winter is taking over!!
Poor little Kestrels, lost their summer home. But I'm really glad that branch didn't land on your roof. Strange weather, indeed.
ReplyDeleteYour big snowfall made the TV news over here Grace... the weather in 2011 had to be the craziest ever..
ReplyDeleteLovely to here you are OK and didn't suffer any roof damage..
Big hug from me to keep you warm...
i am soooo glad it wasn't me!! is that mean?? we had snow, but it didn't stick!!
ReplyDeleteHey GG, this snow lark is getting beyond a joke, whats happening over there. Although we did get a load last year at this time unusually, so perhaps it just didn't make it across the pond. Officer "Dibble" was it.{:)
ReplyDeleteGrammie G. looks like you certainly got more snow than we had on in Lancaster, PA on our way home to the VA eastern shore. No snow here and there are still green leaves on most of the trees! Glad the branch didn't land on your roof, sorry about the kestrals home.
ReplyDeleteI may have to stop reading you eastern bloggers if you are going to start showing snow already! So depressing! Sorry about the tree limb, but glad it missed the house!
ReplyDeleteHI Laura...I was disappointed : {
ReplyDeleteThanks ..me to!!
Hi Andrew...Wow we made the big times huh!!lol
Thanks for your concern and the warm hugs!! : }
Hi Debbie...you meany...lol !!
Thanks !!
Hey Roy...Ya what's up with this weather ..one day it is lovely and warm...then snow! I'm sending some your way I don't want it!!
Wow Officer Dibble haven't heard that in awhile.. : }}
Hi B... I glad you are home safe and sound, and no snow!!
Thanks!
Hi Mary ...It isn't fair to get snow this early...Believe me I really didn't want to post snow photo's lol!!
dats a lot o' snow!! a lot of unexpected snow! (seems to be crazy all over the place!)
ReplyDeleteat least, like others have said, that big ol' branch didn't fall on your house...or car...
Welcome Winter! oh wait...it's not really officially winter yet, is it??!!
stay warm & take care!! :)
I just finished pulling 12 of the 15 branches that had littered my driveway and back yard to the burn pile. I had to use my truck to pull the largest branch in the driveway out of the way. Still need to cut up that one and 2 others. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
ReplyDeleteWay too early for snow!!
ReplyDeleteWhat's happening with this planet?
Glad everything is OK now.
OH glad you're back..shame about the northeast and the power being off I know its been very hard for everyone...Glad you got that apology...
ReplyDeleteIt's snowing, too bad, too early. I wonder why?
ReplyDeleteHI Laura...Thanks ..I will be by to visit you soon!!
ReplyDeleteHi Larry Wow you did get hit pretty good..hope this isn't going to be a sign!! eeeks
Thanks!!
HI Keith...I don't know what's up but it best not snow again until december at least!! : }
HI Bob...Hang on maybe your next..lol : }!!
Well I knew where you where because of the BBC News headline "Grammie G stuck in a snowdrift" so I just waited til you got back online. Little did I know that the real reason was you were being "interviewed" by the boys in blue. Good story Grace - keep them going.
ReplyDeleteThe winter is here. To bad for the tree. Have a nice day. Greetings from Romania
ReplyDeleteg....i am getting very close to EVERYTHING i have ever wanted. they love me....i'm in like flint!!
ReplyDeletei also got alpaca kisses yesterday, stay tuned, coming soon!!
Euh wow!! Got snow already and I'm so sorry for the branch and the kestrel family hosue!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are just now under a big winter sotrm with crazy winds and lots of rain, rain rain... I guess the winter is gonna be crappy but I hope we will see some sunlight ;-)
Oh no, this is something you see in the dead of winter... Its good to see it did not hit the house. Look at it this way, great firewood.
ReplyDelete