Tuesday, October 25, 2011

~~~" Calm And Peace"~~~~

I need to get to posting ..all it takes is a few days away , and getting back in the blogging mode takes a bit of effort !! 
I have spend 2 days just putting away outdoor furniture, taking care of the hanging plants and window boxes...just the clean up before it gets so cold that I freeze my fingers taking care of all this stuff!!
It seems like I just got all these things out and set up for the summer, and  where did the summer go ?
I am tired, and not done yet!!
Last night had me pretty wound after a police officer responded to the wrong address and I ended up with a gun pointed straight  at me with the announcement "police"!!   I was scared s---less  to say the least!!
Totally unnerved me so didn't sleep so great....and I didn't even get an apology, "that  really upset me" ...    OKAY  I am done and ready to post some peaceful, calming photo's !!



"A soft cradled landing"



"Blow gently with the wind"


"Holding strong to the very end"



"Sleeping safe and warm by the fire" (on a sheep fleece no less)



Promise of a better tomorrow!!


37 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! sorry about the extra stress! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. Yes to much stress is not good hope all pans out. Have a good eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been frazzled to the bone.. They really should have apologized.
    Your images are great. Love the happy sleepy kitty and that fabulous sunset. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, the photos are peaceful looking especially the kitty stretched out by the fire. Cats surely have the right idea on how to enjoy themselves! As for that unapologetic police officer, my advice is to go and file a complaint with the police dept or municipality. Of course, this could make you subject to further harrassment. On the other hand, maybe you would get an apology which is certainly most called for it would seem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that last one is just gorgeous!!

    we had a similar experience once, cops pounding on our door, 3 a.m., stating they recieved a 911 call from our residence, soooo stressful!!

    rest easy tonight my friend, it's good to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you had to go thru that! What a terrible thing to happen. Your images are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The police visit would be scary. Love your gentle photos,each one is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa...Thanks you so much!

    Hi Elaine..Thanks!!


    Thank you Laura...I totally agree!!


    Hi B...yes my kitty makes me feel comfy when she is all snozed out!
    I am looking into some kind of explanation!! Thanks

    Thanks so much Debbie..good to be back ..miss you all!!


    Hi Kerri ...Thank you so very much!!

    Very kind Ruth ..thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear Grace - what an awful experience - I'm glad you are ok.
    That would've been so frightening!!
    Praise God he did no harm to you!

    I LOVE the photo of that gorgeous cat sleeping on the fleece - what a life lol!
    Sounds to me like you could do with some lovely restful downtime in front of the fire too!
    Take care, my friend.
    God bless you..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images......good job you took them before the boy in blue turned up. You ought to have asked for his picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace, it sounds like you're hunkering down for winter?

    That deal with the cop sounds like a pretty frightening experience, but did you ask, he might have been an early trick or treater?...lol

    A great set of images, I really like the first one it just says Autumn.

    Now, a sheepskin rug and a nice warm fire, looks just purrfect to me, I'll have to give it a go!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes those unexpected moments are a little difficult to 'take in stride'!! But your photos are very calming and beautiful and I'm sure you take great pleasure in going back through them and picking just the right ones to share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Grace, I'm back. Wanted to invite you over to my other blog to go for a walk with me through the forest! ~karen (kaholly)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, I am glad for you after such an unpleasant experience. Remarkable adjustment on your part to post such lovely pictures with beautiful captions. Thank you, for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that sunset! What a post! I can't imagine having a cop pointing a gun at me.....scary! You deserve an apology! Love your cat....I have one that lays just like that :-) Winter is coming, but we don't have to like it :-( Not ready for it and don't want to get ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Grace I just knew they would catch up with you eventually - there speaks the voice of experience, LOL. A great sunset shot to finish though and I hope tomorrow is better. You're spot on about where did the summer go and I'm already dreaming about a winter break in the Canary Islands - didn't you just know there would be a bird in there somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos !...and that extra stress...

    ReplyDelete
  18. yikes!! THAT's scary! guns are scary...esp to have one pointed at you!! hopefully that anxious feeling will fade...

    LOVE your relaxing photos!! and LOVE the autumn feel here!! tomorrow will always be better...(if today just wasn't good enough!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grace,
    How frightening for you....and no apology, shameful.
    No wonder you had a restless night.

    Lovely images.......gorgeous furry friend, also a lucky one, to be loved and cared for.
    Aren't seedheads so lovely. I wish I was a seed being blown by the wind :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Trish...thanks so much...I doing fine now!!


    Hi Adrian...Thanks...you are to funny..."me" shot a policemen! lol


    Hi Trevor...If he was a early trick-or-treater I would hope it was a fake gun..lol ; }
    Thanks you!!


    Hi Karen...thanks so much!!
    I thought I was following you on that blog and thought you wasn't posting so will do!! : }


    Hi Seasons...Oh thanks..that's very nice of you to say!!


    Hi Mary..I guess there is nothing we can do to stop it so just be prepared grrrrr!!
    Thanks!!


    Hey Phil..your a bird brain all right ; }
    Ya I am one of those dangerous women..lol..he best not come back though! ; }
    Thanks !!


    Hi Lasse..Thanks so very much!!


    Hi Laura...Thanks ...I'm better!!


    Hi Cheryl...aww to be adrift on a breeze, but with my luck...lol
    Thanks so much my good friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A promise is a promise, love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well you should have received an apology at least.
    I can understand why it may not have been possible immediately, but it should have been made after the incident had been resolved.

    Lovely calming images GG, the last one is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yikes, Grace! I wonder where they meant to be. You are still owed an apology!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great photos! Holy cow, that was scary re. the police.
    Love that fat kitty ...sleeps just like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI Bob...thanks..: }}


    Hey Roy ..ya think so..me to !!
    Thanks so much!!


    Hi Jeannie...two guesses and the first two don't count..lol !!
    Thanks!!

    Hi renna.. my cat isn't fat ...she is overweight..lol ; }
    Thanks you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful images Grace... I always view the pics first... then I get a shock reading the text.. that must have been a terrible shock having a gun pointing at you..
    I hope alls well now.
    Take care and a big comforting hug from me xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. HI Andrew...thanks for that big comforting hug I can always use one ..yes all is well!!
    Thanks for the lovely comment on my photo's too!!

    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely photos, Grace! The sunset is beautiful and a perfect end to the day. Oh, except for the no manners policeman. I would have been scared silly. He could have said he was sorry. Take care and have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful photos. The police encounter sounds really scary. Hope you sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do you have zealous policeman in your country ;-) Wow for sure it has stressed you, it would have stressed anybody...
    But it is still nice you were able to post this nice relaxing pictures. Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aaah... I feel good. Great photos Grace. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. HI Grace...wow a gun in your face OMG that had to be scary...
    Hope you got all your hatches battened down--great photos from your neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. New subscriber here and it sounds like I've arrived at a pretty dramatic moment. A mistake by the police is excusable but rudeness is certainly not.

    Love the photos in the last few posts. Really captures the spirit of Autumn. Adam @ My Life Outside

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yikes!! You certainly deserved an apology! Hope life is calm now.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your police officer experience would have sent me right into next week, I'm sure.

    Get much snow? About 8" here, and our power was out from some time in the night until this afternoon, so we got off easy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That must have been a scary moment staring down a gun like that.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Something similar happened to friends of mine once too ... and they never got an apology either. They were on holidays when police cars zoomed up, cut them off and surrounded them with guns pulled. They had to get out with hands up and be taken off to the police station. Somebody THOUGHT my friend's husband looked like someone on a wanted poster. You, of all people, can imagine their distress!

    ReplyDelete