Tuesday, November 8, 2011

~~Backing Up A Couple O f Weeks~~~

Before things got so crazy around here I had started to do a post on my visit to Northern Maine to see family!!
So I a determined I am going to get these photo posted before another day goes by and before some other crazy thing happens around here!!

These photos where taken on and around my daughters farm, plenty of space to wander and wonder!!


"Sheep Sheep" ..where are the sheep!!
They like certain grasses..and the rest they just blend into..lol!!

Views  from the front porch!!
As far as the eye can see across there is the country of Canada!!





We took a walk through the woods...our maybe  I should  say we went crashing through
the woods,...the following are from that walk !!



One for Adrian! ( Chocolate Tarts perhaps ? lol)





Paper Hornet Hive!!









I am just overwhelmed with the beauty of these White birch trees!!










Time for a little rest and enjoy the view!!


"I know" far to many photo's for one post , but the way things are going around
here I may not get back to them....can't seem to get caught up!!

28 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I enjoyed each beautiful sight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you enjoyed your trip "Up North" to see your daughter Grace and I just knew you were near Canada, but when are you coming to the North of England to see your kinfolk? I knew there would be some magic mushrooms in there somewhere too even if they were disguised as chocolate.Nice pictures of the birsh trees, here we call it "silver" birch unless there's more than a few versions? What do I know apart from birds and then not much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, Grace. The County is definitely God's Country, isn't it?
    I was talking with a shopped in Marden's this morning. She mentioned she lives in Presque Isle but is from Caribou, so we got talking about people we know. She said she's able to drive from Presque Isle to Portland in four hours, now that the speed limit "up there" is 75 mph. I gasped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those birch trees too! never enough! :) and those chocolate candies you found - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post Grace thank you so much for sharing the wonderful autumn colours you saw..

    It's a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. never too many pictures for me, no sir-eeeee!! bring-em on and bring-em all!!

    i would LOVE to have a farm in the family....i would be the relative that never leaves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures, you sure had much to photograph especially those brownie looking mushrooms...

    After a walk like that one needs to rest in that chair with a cup of hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wundeschöne Herbstimpressionen!

    Liebe Grüsse

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful place and grand pictures. I have no idea what your first fungi is. The second is Variegated Polypore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace, how wonderful to have family living in such a beautiful location.... I'm afraid I'd be a constant visitor...lol.

    A great set of images that capture a walk in the countryside perfectly. The Birch trees look fantastic, I could spend hours just photographing those alone!!....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely autumnal scenes GG, not keen on those chocolate things though.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace, again what beautiful pictures .. a very serene place to visit and take in God's handiwork! Glad your doing well and I hope to see you at church soon.. I've been working and haven't been in a while.. maybe this week!! Love and hugs to you! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Grace, thanks for taking us along for the journey. Seeing far in the distance and nearby, up and down, I am pretty sure you would have liked to post more pictures. If the pictures are so beautiful, how good it must be to actually be there! So very happy for you and your family! The warmth during the winters.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never too many photos, I enjoyed each and every one. Some of those white birch should be framed they are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Your daughter is a lucky gal, living with such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruth...you are welcome thanks so much!! : }



    Hey Phil...when you send me the plane ticket i would love to visit the land of my kinfolk..lol
    Thanks my funny friend!! ; }


    Hi Jean...the speed limit has gone to 75 just past Bangor, but if she made in 4 hours she must have been doing 75 all the way..lol!!
    Thanks you !! : }

    Hi Teresa...Thanks !!


    Hi Andrew...thank you!! : }


    Hi Debbie..thanks your a dear!!: }


    Hi Tammy...thanks...I should have saved an sent you a chocolate covered mushroom!! lol ; }


    Thank you Hans-Peter! : }


    Hi Adrian...Thanks...I should have checked to see if the one tasted like chocolat ; ]!!


    Hi Trevor...I grew up there I miss it, but it is great to visit I can appreciate it more!!
    I debated if I should use all those White Birch Photo's glad you enjoyed!!: }

    Hey Roy...come on be a sport..you don't know until you try..they look inviting anyway!! ; }
    Thanks!!


    Hi Tracey..I like your new profile.. : }
    It is lovely up there...
    I hope to see you Saturday ...you are going to the Progressive supper aren't you!! : }


    Hi Saesons..I am going to get over to visit your post some..
    Thanks you so much I always appreciate your comments!! : }


    Hi Muffy...thanks you so much..you are to kind!!
    I grew up there and love it that she now is liveing there!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post today, it must be heaven up there. Really great photos you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Grace, your photos reminded me of the foliage during our recent NH road trip. The colors you posted were beautiful and those birch trees were so beautiful. Looks like you have a wonderful visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. G.G., Love the fall banner and those birches are delicious! I would have burned up about 8gigs of memory cards on those myself. And, agreed, those mushrooms look almost like the tops of peaunut butter cups, don't they? I love photographing 'shrooms as they don't move so fast as birds which gives me a chance for a good image, or a 'shot,' as it were. Also, love the Turkey tail fungus. I have some shots of those which I turned over so they really do lookk like Turkey Tails. And, the green Adirondaks look very inviting. I can feel the cup of tea steaming in my hand as I sit there in the cold air. Hope this finds you well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. G.G., love the fall banner and those birches - well I would have burned up a about 8gigs of cards on those babies, too. Georgeous. Love the landscape images, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful photos! I especially love those white birches. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many lovely and peaceful photos. We sure enjoyed our recent visit to Maine and have vowed that we will get back. I hope we do. I still have many photos from Maine and the rest of New England to post for now though. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was so delighted to see your photo's from Maine. We go back for a visit every year in August. We have home there right on the coast. Bucks Harbor. A tiny town..also an Island which is owned by the Ingalls family. Gorgeous..the only access being at low tide. The family has summer homes on it.

    So nice to meet you and thank you for finding the time to post the photo's
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  23. p.s. Your daughter must be even farther north than our family is. How I would love to visit Canada this next year. AND Prince Edward Island. I am from California so Maine is a paradise to me. Thank you so much, again..for posting those gorgeous photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks alot Bob : }


    Thank you Beatrice. : }



    HI Robin...lol..thanks!! : }


    Thanks Renna : }


    Hi Scott...thanks from coming by and for your comments !!


    Hi Mona...thanks for dropping by, and your kind comment!
    I know where Bucks Harbor is ..charming place as is so many places on the coastline!!
    I have family from my Fathers side in Machias Baileyville and Princeton!!
    My daughter lives where I was born and raised in the Houlton area about one and half hours North of Bangor!! (Aroostook County)
    Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I thoroughly enjoyed these photos Grace, such a wonderful variety of nature pictures, and what a beautiful part of the country. Love that view from the front porch. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow....love the fungi and the birches! I've never seen those dark fungi. Cool! Those birch trees are just gorgeous against the autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for letting us tag along...great hike!! your photos are beautiful!! the FUNGI!! the awesome autumn colors...and camo sheep. LOVERLY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful photos of a beautiful place. Northern Maine has such vistas! I love the birches too!

    ReplyDelete