Second: no my camera is not having any problems except for feeling neglected , and a little dust on the lens!! ; }
Third: No I didn't run of with a"tall dark and handsome fella"...at my age there all "short bald , and have the "done lap disease " ( you know when the stomach just falls out over the belt) so no hope for that!
Fourth: Have I been busy ...for me" yes"...for other peoples life style "no" ....wheelbarrow loads of wood from the wood shed to the basement of the house for the winter is hard work..I do have oil heat, but wood is nice and cheaper!!.....Women's Group meetings with plans for this Saturday's Christmas craft day and plans with materials to gather up for the crafts that are being taught, and I refused to teach one this time " bad me" ...I don't feel guilty : } I have done this so many years and there has to be a time when others have to step up to the plate !! I will be there and no doubt have glue, glitter, paint and whatever all over me!! ; }
All these things and throw in Thanksgiving visits, Christmas shopping , and decorating, plus the lack of good photo opportunities ...enough said ..blah~blah~blah~~ : }
I have a few shots mostly taken from the back deck that I have taken over the last few weeks , so I will share them with you until better things come along!!
This is the Tamarack Hackmatack or American Larch...for me it is the Hackmatack
in the backyard....green needles in summer, and late fall it changes into it's
Autumn color, which is usually more of a yellow hue!!
It looks like an evergreen; even has cones ( tons of them ), but sheds all it's needles!!
Some birds pick at the cones for seeds or something in there they like!!
Sunset shot of the Hackmatack branch after the needles
have fallen..
Those little cones show up real well here!!
Yes "snow" ..10 inches fell in my backyard !!
The snow and wind form some interesting shapes!
A Winterberry tree peeking from behind a tree,but can't hide that bright red in snow!!
Apples hanging on... snow showing through in the background!!
Late day fog developed!!
It got very thick, and before morning the temp's had
dropped and I got up to a very thick frost covering everything !!
Sun rose , temp's went up and have been 20 degrees above normal
since then ...60f days and 40f nights !!
Outcome "NO snow" !!
It is a shame that the frost is such a hard
thing to capture in a photo!!
Tomorrow ...the first day of December...I need to get busy on a new header!!
That leaf has to go !!

Sounds like you have been busy, this time of year there is always something to do. I enjoyed the photos, but you can keep the snow. Lovely photos. Have a great week!
ReplyDeletelove that cool tree! and that sunset photo is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteenjoy the warm weather while it lasts!
you've been busy!!
ReplyDeletejust be sure to keep that camera happy!!
Grammie, sounds like you have been very busy! My father-in-law calls Tamaracks hackmatacks also. You are only the 2nd person I have ever heard call them that! Deciduous conifers is what they are. I love to see them flame to gold in the autumn. Nice shots.
ReplyDeleteThe trick with frozen fog or frost is to shoot it when it's backlit, or at whatever angle makes each crystal sparkle. Nice job though. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving and will continue to have an un-stressed but happy holiday season!
December around the corner and busy is the game. Sigh. Oh for the restfulness of January one month away - we'll need it! Trust all will get done in it's good time.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking I need a new header...but add it to the list of things I should do..lol
ReplyDeleteLove that photo of the apples in snow really nice..
HOPE it melts and you get a wee bit more good weather for wandering around.
What a busy time! I thoroughly enjoyed all the lovely photos...we were only treated to an inch and a half of snow...I want more so I can snowshoe.
ReplyDeleteGreat frost shots. I love those frost covered trees.
ReplyDeleteA busy bee thats for sure ! I hear ya on the hauling of wood lol . Wonderful photos. Same here for me not much to photograph here either at this time of year . Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely images. Enjoy all that Christmas preparation! It's happening here big time right now, too. :)
ReplyDeleteSo I haven't been the only one slacking off lately but I'd much rather be away for the reasons you list than because of being a test subject for medical experiments.
ReplyDeleteI love those sunset shots! Only a few scattered snow showers down here but we'll catch up quickly a lot sooner than I would prefer. At least I have a great excuse for not shoveling. My back is so bad THE BOSS won't let me shovel:-)
Hi Grace. My wife says "Blah-blah" to me all the time. I think it's because I tell her so many interesting things. No snow here yet. Seeing your snow pictures is about all I really need.
ReplyDeleteHi Eileen...Thanks...you don't want my snow?? ; }
ReplyDeleteThanks ..Teresa
Hi Katie... Thanks..and for the tip!!
Thanks Debbie...will do !!
Thanks Cicero...Yes a busy month..thanks!!
Hi Sondra...The good old to do list never stops...thanks!!
Hi Cheryl...I am sure we wil have plenty soon enough...and we can snowshoe ..thanks!!
Hi Ruth..thanks so much...
Hi Elaine...the not so much color time of year isn't it ..thanks!!
Thanks so much Lois!!
HI Chip...I suppose I have nothing to complain about when it comes to comparing to your situation...
Thanks so much!!
Hi Steve..haha..thanks!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGrossartige Spätherbst-Fotos! Schnee...uiii. Bei uns in der Schweiz ein Wunschtraum vieler. Hier zeigt sich das Wetter eher Frühlingshaft mild und seht trocken...
ReplyDeleteLiebe grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Love your blah~blahs, they're good for the soul! And your wintery trees and that cute little fluffed-up birdie!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you are keeping busy. I really wish i could have some of your snow.
ReplyDeletePretty sunsets! Lovely snow ..... I'm just NOT ready to see any here yet :)
ReplyDeleteAll very cool photos, love the splash of red in the winterberry photo. This is a busy time of the year and it's only going to get busier :)
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to hear you are keeping well Grace and your images are wonderful to see.. Adrian fancies some of your snow... Me? I just enjoy viewing other peoples.
ReplyDeleteTake care... Hugs from Drew
Wow, that's a sunset to remember. And the snow hanging about the trees. What a day your having.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteThe weather seems to be all over the place everywhere at the moment! We have just had drought warnings on our local news! In December!
Love the sunset!
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
Thank you Han-Peter...it seems the weather is very strange everywhere this year..be happy for you above normal temp's !!
ReplyDeleteHi Laura...you make me laugh and thats a good thing to : }}
Thanks!!
Hi Adrian...I would gladly give you snow, but you could just come here and shovel it for me ..then you would change your mind ; }
Thanks!
Thanks Kerri!!
Hi Denise ..I am afraid your right..thanks !!
Hi Andrew...I will have lots of snow shots for you to enjoy I am sure ; }
Thanks
Hi Bob...thanks my buddy!!
Hi John..Drought warning huh ...strange!! I am afraid it is going to get cold here soon, but I am going to keep enjoying every good day we have ! : }
Thanks!
Love the sunset ones and the last apple shot GG.
ReplyDeleteThat is a gorgeous sunset ... always amazes me how fast things can change!
ReplyDeleteSnow and frost already? Seems like only yesterday we got rid of it. I hope we both get some sunny days soon Grace because a camera doesn't like the grey ones. Have a good weekend my friend and how about a hummer for a new header? I'll send you one if you like.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Granville said he would like a little snow for Christmas, if you can send some here :-) We have had above-average temps the past couple of weeks, but then frost overnight. Your sunset photos and the snow ones are lovely. Isn't it amazing the beauty one can see from the back yard? I'm glad you will be taking part in our holiday card exchange, please DO send me your name & mailing address to the email on my profile page. (And, of course, it will be kept under wraps.)
ReplyDeleteI think I would like a tamarack tree if it provides that much in the way of food for the local community. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the greatest contrast and easiest to see if black on yellow. Your blog picks up on that. When my wife and I first began to blog, I used yellow with black type and was the only one who did that were using ModBlog as their Internet Host provider.
Yep, there are times we just need to step away from the computer and live or tend to life. Seems you have some busy days ahead. I hope you find time to breathe and just take in all of God's beauty.
ReplyDeleteI do love your snow pics..So beautiful. I hope we get some this year as we did last year.
I hope your sister is still doing good after her surgery.
God bless and keep you safe.
Busy...I say!
ReplyDeleteBut you have here a superb blog: so many beautiful photos...and snow! You have snow!!! Oh my! Here it's rainning, and it's cold...but we have no snow at all.
I'l come here again...
Greetings from Portugal
I'm clearly thinking about since this first post on snow, as we are under quite a nice snow cover and we have been having temps below -5°C for two weeks now... Quite cold winter and then I'm not going out to take pictures, too cold... Better stay and take pictures from the house ;-) Hope you are doing fine....
ReplyDeleteI really like your Tamarack Hackmatack photos and believe I like the ones at sun set the best. I don't think we have them here in Maryland. Oh... The Winterberry tree pic is great.
ReplyDeleteI was worried that I was way behind in your blog....but see that you are behind in posting so we are equal :-) Loved your words...gave me a laugh. Beautiful photos, but I don't want to see snow yet. (but am equally tired of rain). Whatever happened to sunshine??? Great sunsets!
ReplyDeleteIt seems we've both taken a break from blogging Grace. lol
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear all's well there, and you're keeping busy.
Take care with the wheelbarrow of logs; I speak from experience. Almost had a ride in an air ambulance last week. lol
hahahaaa!!! DONE LAP disease!!! you're hysterical!
ReplyDeletei know just how you're feeling, not enough time in the day to get it all done! lately i feel like i'm running in so many directions and getting nothing accomplished!
i LOVE your sunset pictures....and the little SNOW PEAK!! and the 'hackmatack' (? never heard of it)...against the blue sky!!
great pic's!! take it easy...stay merry! :)