I found this Praying mantis on the outside of the house last week !
I think it kind of says how I have been feeling....wanting to just blend in
and hide...but with a few obviously visable healing spots !!
I have been in a real slump for a bit now concerned for my baby sister!! She is 13 years younger then me, and I have a sister who is a 1 year, and 2 months older then me , and no my Mom was not impressed when she found herself pregnant after 13 years , but we all loved the "Little Princes" to pieces!!
She came into this world all "soft and cuddly"like the silk
of this Milkweed seed pod!!
It has only been a few weeks that I visited family in Northern Maine!! Had a great time laughing and reflecting on memories of the past! Before I left there for home my baby sister decided she was leaving her husband of many years!!
Reflecting!!
View of the river from the bridge on my street, from a
short walk yesterday to clear my head!!
Who would have thought that a slight trip and a bump on the knee on Wednesday evening of last week would within 6 hours have her at a local hospital...a leg with no feeling and toes turning blue...x rays showing blood clots in different areas in the leg ...dopamine for pain and a 2 hr. ambulance ride to a large hospital in Bangor!!
Further testing revealed a 2 inch blockage in her aorta!! The doctor surmised that when she fell some of the blockage had falling away an went down the leg....by 3 o'clock that afternoon she was in emergency surgery having the blockage in the aorta and in her legs removed !! We where all in
shocked at the news, adding to her already unset and confused children over there parents split , two daughters 24 one 32 with two children an a 21 year old son who becomes a dad in January knowing they could have lost there mother and grandmother to there children!!
I didn't know what to expect....for when I walked into that Intensive Care Unit ..saw her on every machine I believe possible , an incision the length of her torso, on a morphine pump for the pain, it was all I could do to hold it together !!
I left there, and found myself later thinking I would love to be able to go back there and pick here up and carry her home, .. kiss the boo-boo's, and tell her it is going to be all better, like I did when she hurt herself when she was little!!
6 Month old..first Christmas!!
I spoke with her yesterday on the phone ,and she is now out of ICU and in a room and sounded so much better....at least a week more stay there and a 4 to 6 week recovery after she is home !
Last evenings sunset a....
promise for a better tomorrow!!
She is very very blessed,and I am very thankful.... it just wasn't her time,....only God knows the time!!
She still has a 50% blockage in her left Carotid Artie that she knows will have to be kept a close eye on and check periodically She is now aware of signs that she ignored...not realizing that her body was trying to tell here something, which I think we are all guilty of at one time or another!!
Bittersweet vine!
It is a bitter sweet, and intangled situation!!
Life can be so complicated, and changes can happen
in a second!!
I am praying for a happy outcome..
but it is totally out of my hands...but not out of my heart!!
Love you Baby Sister!!

I am very glad to hear that your little Sister is out of ICU and hopefully getting home soon GG.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind thoughts Roy...they are very much appreciated!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your little sister Grace and hope that she will soon be home all well. It's a sad situation for you all as you just want to wrap your loved ones in cotton wool and protect them from harm. You will all be very much in my thoughts until I hear that everything is back on an even keel again. God bless and please take good care of yourself. We often get so busy looking out for everyone else, we sometimes forget we need some TLC too. Sending you a big hug from here in Virginia.
ReplyDeletei am so sorry to hear of your worries and frantic fear for your sister. i am so glad she's doing better! such a scare for all of you, after so much stress and upheaval. may things settle down again for all of you, dear...
ReplyDeleteWow,that is a lot for one family to endure in a short time. My prayers are with you and your sister.Life can be hard at times,but we must remember that God is still the same and loves each of us. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your baby sister, but am glad she looks to be on the road to recovery! Life is full of stress and upheaval, but with the love and support of those around us we muddle through! I am sure your sister will with the love you obviously have for her.
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
I am sorry about your baby sister . I am glad she is recovering what a lot for all of you to go through but with the love and support of family all will work out. Lovely photos. My sister is 13 years older then me and my brother is 9 years older yes I am the baby . Take care .
ReplyDeleteI am truly sorry for your sister, but, I hope that she will get better very soon.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! Bless all your hearts. My thoughts are with you all as she continues to recuperate. Please keep us posted of her progress! You just never know, do you? We must love each other every day.
ReplyDeletebig hugs to you and your sister. your pictures are lovely, the reflection is perfection!!
ReplyDeleteOne thing we can all be certain of is that nothing stays the same. I sure hope her health improves and she can get a handle on her personal life as well...I left a marriage after 26 yrs its NOT easy to start over at any age.
ReplyDeleteHi Denise...thank you for your sweet words of comfort...it is so nice to have friends like yourself
ReplyDelete...and I will take that hug...thanks!!
Hi Teresa...Thanks for your kind words of caring!
Hi Ruth...Yes quite a mess, but with God all things are possible..thanks for the hug!!
HI John...It helps so much at these times to have blogger friends too who care..thanks so much for your kindness!!
ReplyDeleteHI Elaine...Thanks for you encouraging words..
Hi Bob...thanks my friend!!
Hi Karen...Thanks for your kind thoughts...yes I will keep you all informed!!
Hi Debbie...Thanks for the hugs..never to many!!
I glad you liked the photo's!!
HI Sondra...Ever changing world..it's probably good that we don't know what's around the bend!!
Thanks my friend!!
I am sending my prayers and get well quickly thoguhts for your sister. I do hope all is well soon. Take Care.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your little sister is still with you! My sister didn't make it. Like you say, our times are in His hands. Sometimes our own hands are tied, even to help. Hope to hear the good news that she is out and about and flourishing soon.
ReplyDeleteGrace, Grenville and myself are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We can understand why you have been in a slump - who wouldn't be with your baby sister's health issues. We're glad to read that she is feeling better and we hope on the road to a full recovery in time.
ReplyDeleteKeep strong. I wish her a speedy recovery. She should be fine now. She seems to be a lucky person though it probably doesn't seem like that to either of you.
ReplyDeleteMy dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteYou must not worry about keeping up with comments and blogging.
We will all be here if and when you need us.
I pray for your sister Grace and hold her in my thoughts.
And you dear friend, I feel your love for her.....you will give her strength and comfort....
We never know what is around the corner Grace. Hang on in there and know I think of you .....hugs.
Grace, sorry to hear that your little sister has been so unwell, but glad that she is now on the way to recovery.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that the love you've expressed for her in your choice of the photographs and words you've chosen for this post, and her knowing that she's got you to lean on, will make her full recovery that much easier. Best wishes to you all...[;o)
My heart goes out to you and your family, with hopes your little sis has a speedy and complete recovery. Sending a heartfelt hug, please take care. ♥
ReplyDeleteMuch prayer is going up for your sister, her family and for you as this truly was a shock.
ReplyDeleteAlso praying the lord will heal the marriage.
Hey Grace, so sorry to hear about your baby sister. Knowing she is out of ICU is a good thing. Hoping you and the rest of the family hang in there and keep the faith and keep it strong. I really think your passion for the moment shows in jurrayour photos. They are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear your news Grace and I wish your sister a speedy recovery..
ReplyDeleteTake care and please pass on my best wishes..xx
My very heartfelt thanks for your hugs love and concern in your comments THanks to Eileen, Cicero, B&G, Adrian, Cheryl, Trevor, Laura, Tammy, Larry and Andrew!! Wonderful blog friends you are!! ♥ Grace
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having a rough time Grace.
ReplyDeleteI hope your sister makes a speedy and full recovery.
We never know what's round the corner; that's why I live each day as it comes now.
Thanks for dropping in on my blog and leaving a comment. I think your photos are great and you live in some pretty nice country. I wish your sister well.
ReplyDeleteSo that's where you've been, and here's me thinking you got stuck in a snow drift. Family must come before blogging of course but I hope sharing your sad story has helped. Take care my friend.
ReplyDeleteHI Keith...Thanks ,your a good friend, live it for all it is worth!! : }}
ReplyDeleteHi Terry..Thanks for coming by and you kind comment..I will be back!!
Hey Phil...No snow yet and it has been warmer than normal..what ever that is!!
It is nice to have friends I can share how I am feeling with..thanks!!
I'm glad she is doing better! Prayers for continued healing and for all the stress in the family. Hugs to all of you and thanks to God for his love and care for you.
ReplyDeleteGrammie G, so sorry to hear this news! What a double whammy! Divorce is so hard on everyone. I have a child whose wife has just left him and we are all in equal shock in this family as well. No matter how old you are, it just pulls the rug out from under your feet! It will take time for your family to heal, I know. And like you, I just want to make everything better for my son. but we each have our own lives to live and our own hurts to heal. However, having friends and family to support us sure is balm for the soul.
ReplyDeleteYou know, your name and this situation make me think of a song I know that may just apply. Have you ever heard this song?
He giveth more Grace as the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as the labors increase,
to added affliction, he addeth his mercy,
to multiplied trials his multiplied peace.
His love has no limit, his grace has no measure, his power has no boundary known unto man,
for out of his infinite riches in Jesus, he giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
May you and your family find grace for this day.
I am so sorry to read this post and learn of all that your baby sister has been through. I have not been around to my favorite blogs in a long time and just want you to know that I am thinking of you and your sister and her family. All of your love for your baby sister shows through in your post, how very lucky she is to have you for her big sister!
ReplyDeleteoh i'm so sorry to hear about your sister....but since i read your NEXT post first...i already know that she's doing better, and hopefully she continues to heal with each day...
ReplyDeleteaaaaaaah...the memories...you're lucky to have each other!
i LOVE the praying mantis!! and the soft milkweed STUFF reminds me of santa's beard!
and the beautiful sunset...
your 'baby' sister...
sending healing thoughts your way...xoxo
Your poor little sister. Thank goodness she tripped and was taken to somewhere where the situation was recognised. That sort of thing has happened to me as well. The clotting means the the joy in her life was clogged and no wonder if she had got so far that she had to leave her husband.
ReplyDeleteI hope all goes well from now and she recovers fully and makes a much happier life for herself.