Saturday, December 10, 2011

~~~"Getting In Gear"~~~~

Well I am going to try and get myself in gear, and do some  posting ... and after noticing last evening sunset I grabbed the camera an went for it....there is always weather and weather related photo's to be had , and it is the biggest conversation topic when there is nothing else !!
So here it is the...?.... sunset you've seen on a post this week...lol!!

Okay ...so it is pretty dark , and not the best you have seen
but those colors I love!!


Now that the position of the sunset has changed I was able to
take these from the middle of the road in front of my home!


I did a turn around to make sure I wasn't going to become "road kill"
" or for you who don't understand American slang that just means get
run over by a car, and left there for the birds to pick at" !   ; }

When I turned around there in the sky behind me was 
the full moon that would be going through the Lunar eclipse!!



Still not a knock out shot, but again I love the colors!!


I was so hoping I would get the see the Lunar Eclipse that occurred this morning , but ....no luck !
Cloudy skies blew that opportunity !!


Hope to get to visit you all soon !!

24 comments:

  1. We were graced with clear skies this morning and I was able to get some pictures of the eclipse. They will be on Sunday's post. Check it out and learn what NOT to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI John...how funny I was just on your today's post I bet the time is just about the same lol!!
    I will check tomorrow ..glad you got to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, beautiful colours GG.
    The second one in particular.
    Glad you made out alive from the middle of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos ! Sunsets are hard to photograph as they have many different variations of colour all at the same time and it takes a bit to get your camera on the right lighting to capture the sunsets true beauty , you did that well ! I love taking photos of the moon as well! Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is nothing more beautiful then a winter sunset!! our moon is just gorgeous tonight, i could not get a good picture. i think yours are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH great job Grace...our moon was covered with a fine shroud of fog...I love the midnight blue in your moon shot...ITS gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I love those colours too. Did you see the eclipse??? We missed it due to a heavy cloud cover that did not even give us a drop of much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good shot of the moon. They don't usually turn out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grossartige Stimmungsbilder vom Abend- und Nachthimmel...

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful images Grace a beautiful sunset and great captures of the Moon..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, gorgeous sunset. I have stood in the middle of my street taking sunset photos too. Please do be careful. Your moon capture is lovely. Wonderful photos, I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, gorgeous sunset. I have stood in the middle of my street taking sunset photos too. Please do be careful. Your moon capture is lovely. Wonderful photos, I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome to have been able to photograph the sunset, Beautiful photography of GOD's creations.

    And the moon....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Roy...Thanks....glad you liked...and for you concern..lol



    Hi Elaine ..You do great moon shoots so coming from this is much appreciated ...thanks


    Thanks Teresa. : }


    Hi Debbie...oh thank you so much!! : }


    HI Sondra...not soon after it rose we got clouds to and Saturday cloudy to...thanks!!


    Hi Arija...thanks,,no it was cloudy so no I didin't! : }


    Hi Adrian...thanks that was nice to hear. : }


    Han-Peter...very kind thank you : }


    Hi Andrew...thank you I appreciate your oppinion!!! : }


    HI Eileen..I will be careful : }
    Thank you so much!!


    Hi Tammy ...Amazing God, yes such beauty to behold..thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photo colors. We were cloudy for the eclipes also. Oh well next time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the photo colors. We were cloudy for the eclipes also. Oh well next time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful skies and the moon, it is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought it was just us Brits who made the weather a constant topic of coversation (or blogging). Are you sure you haven't got a little bit of Brit in you Grace? Anyway you have more clour than we have at the moment Grace. Here we have grey, grey and then for a change grey. Some days we have light grey and dark grey, interspersed with a bit of medium grey and definitely no sunsets like yours. I'm happy really! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful colors!!
    i was unable to see the eclipse...too much cloud cover...so it was nice to see YOURS!! i LoVE moon shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colours are intense and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Grace, it's wonderful what we can see from our backyards if we just look and take photos to share.

    ReplyDelete