Monday, October 10, 2011

~~~""You Never Know What Your Going To See""~~~

We are having another round of fantastic warm weather , of course as I look out the window or stroll the gardens half the tender plants  have been hit by last weeks frost and now looking brown!!
Yesterday was at the 89f degree mark and the next 3 days are going to be similar..yeah!!

Before I go any further here , what I was getting at is the gorgeous sunsets that this weather has given us!!
I have beat feet a couple of times down the road to get to the top of the hill before it disappears , and have not made it...I can't believe how fast it sets!!  Speaking of setting I thinking I may have to go early and sit up there !! : }
On the way home after last nights failure I stopped at the bridge at the river and since it was still pretty light I took a few shots!!


There was some of the pink from the sky reflecting on the Water!








The reflection  makes this one  look like a photo  upside down ...,but those are leaves on the water
not
birds in the air !! ; }


I went over to the opposite side of the bridge ,and there in the shallow area I could see what appeared to be a Blue Heron!!
Sure enough it was, and my presence didn't seem to phase
him in the least as I moved closer...he didn't move one bit!!


Suddenly he caught me by surprise went he whipped his head down into the
shallow water and came up with a little fish!
That's where his concentration was..a bedtime snack!
It is a little blurry, but between  my being jumped by
his quickness it's a wonder it took at all!


 I have a fish stuck in my throat!



""Burp""
Thats better!!


Getting late.. time to clean up and get a roost for the night!!



A little check under the ""wingpits""and
I'm done!!

You just never know what your going to see!!


PS.. A little late in the day,but I hope all my friends across the border in Canada are  having a great Thanksgiving Day!! : }}

29 comments:

  1. thank for sharing your colors and reflections. hope you have as much luck catching the sunset as you did with the GBH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful walk. It's always worth going out for a stroll. Nearly always anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the reflection pics, what a setting! Great, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great parable you have created, and fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of the heron, I can`t get over how similar it is to our Grey Heron! Love the wing detail in the last photo!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful reflection images Grace.

    The heron was obviously more interested in finding his supper than he was about you creeping through the bushes...haha!

    Super captures...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your images.. Wonderful fall color and a beautiful heron.
    Now that's serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. Of all the Blue Herons I have seen and photographed the fish-in-the-beak shot still eludes me. As I think of it, this goes for all birds, not just the heron. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I wouldn't give to he where you are! Fall is my favourite time of year and the brilliant colour parade just quickens my heart as does the combination of river and forest. Beautiful colours in your reflections and that heron is a real charmer, the pattern of their wings is sheer magic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatiful images and well done for getting the Heron with his supper... it's fantastic just to watch but to capture with your camera ti share us great..
    Looking forward to seeing some lovely sunsets.
    It's cold and raining here at the moment..

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Teresa...thanks ..I am going to try again tonight : }


    Hi Adrian...thanks..ya not always! : ]


    Hi ONG...haven't ssen you in awhile!
    thanks


    Hi Bob..thanks you my friend!!


    Hi John...just the coloring I would think...I was please that he offered up a wing shot : }}


    Hi Trevor...I believe your right haha!!
    Thanks so very much!!


    Hi Laura...thank you : }


    Hi Thanks so much ..It probably will be my one and only fish in mouth shot : }


    HI Arija..oh thank you so much!! : }


    Hey Roy...thank you : }


    Hi Andrew...If I went out looking for a Heron ..I would never see one ,so it was a lucky shot!
    Thanks : }

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heavens, you capture the most amazing scenes. THE MOST AMAZING, and I'm not kidding. Love the reflection photos, but the blue heron photos get the blue ribbon from me this time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic photos. We here in Canada Papa and I had a great Thanksgiving, thankyou for mentioning it. Have a wonderful eve.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Grace. That looks just like the heron that ate all of my tadpoles. It can be tough to catch the sunsets this time of year when they happen a little bit earlier each night. Hope your sunset tonight was as nice as the one here. The sky was filled with streamers of puffy little clouds that lit up to resemble golden alligator skin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well its forsure I would not be seeing one of these here or if I did I would be so excited my eyelids would curl backwards. Amazing shots of him catching a fish. I love your pond photos and great reflections in the water. You have some amazing places to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely! The last photo of the outspread wings of the Great Blue Heron is mesmerizing. Love the reflections too. What a wonderful time of the year to capture those fall colors. Hope you get your sunset shots soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Jean...your so cute..thank you so much...!!


    Hi Elaine...so glad you had a good holiday!!
    Thank you !!


    Hey Steve...That heron said he had just flew in from your place ; }
    You have posted some nice sunsets..I get them!!
    Thanks



    Hi Tammy you are funny ..I would like to see those eyelids curled backwards lol
    Thanks so very ! : }


    Hi Denise...thank you so much ...
    I was just clicking for all it's was worth and the wing one was caught!! : }}

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooohhhh funny that we "did" the same thing today!! your captures are wonderful!! weren't you excited...i was just so excited!! it looks like you got pretty darn close!!

    pretty reflections....we are just starting to get some color in new jersey!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the reflections.Now that Heron is a pretty special capture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Frost already...NO--seems only yesterday you were hoping for a warm up to come--
    THE reflection photos are awesome...AND the heron is super too...Fish in the throat...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow... what a beautiful sight to see..a blue heron!! I love your pictures so much and it has been so warm here.. you never know what might pop up! Thank you Grace for sharing such wonders of nature!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Debbie..pretty funny...: }
    I was excited ...it is a wonder I even got any shot's!!
    Thanks!!


    Hi Ruth...thank you so much!
    The heron a lucky chance!!


    Hi Sondra..heat wave ..frost that killed..now another heat wave, and I am not complaining!
    Thanks my friend!!


    Hi Tracey...thanks...you are a sweetie! : }}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful images Grammie. You are truly blessed to live in such an area.

    The shots of the heron are lovely and the narration gave me a smile :)
    A Heron visits my garden frequently, he would never allow me to take a photo...Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I see, puffing and panting up that hill were we? Well at least you have some nice weather that enabled you to get some fine pictures of the heron and that's more than I have done for a good few days now Grace, despite you promising to send us a little sunshine instead of all your unwanted hurricanes LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Grace, I loved the reflections. At first I did think your photos were upside down! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hang on...gotta catch my breath...it was a long scroll down here!!
    LOVE your autumn colors...and the reflections are beautiful!! i LOVE the way things look reflected...the sky the trees...your colors are gorgeous! and the Heron...with his comments! haha!! i especially like the armpit sniff!! haha!!
    thanks for the peaceful walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh, forgot to mention...love the 'autumny' header!! NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are aMAZing heron shots, Grace! I've come back to look at them a second time. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete