With the sun came the cool down and two nights now our first frosts of the season!!
This morning's was a good one ... everything was white with frost beautiful , but brrrrr!!
Forecast for he weekend.. ha!.. temp's in the high seventies and night time temp's warmer than the days this week have been...crazy !!
Now back to Monday, and being able to get outside.... so I took the camera for a walk to see what it could capture!!
One for Adrian....what's this one???
Well camouflaged Mallard, and a good thing... it is duck hunting season... : {
Another for Adrian !!
I was happy to see the Butter and Egg ( Toadflax) plant still flowering along the road side!!
I have seen and loved this cheery little flower since I was a kid ( yes I was one ..a long time ago ; }
This one is for Roy...he likes old machinery!! : }
Have a cheery, bright and colorful weekend !!!


Wunderschöne Herbstzeichen, Deine Fotos...
ReplyDeleteLiebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Grace, a grand set.
ReplyDeleteWere the first fungi wet or blown highlights? Look like Sulphur Caps to me but they don't grow in meadow. You have many fungi we don't have. I have trouble with ours.
Can't help with the second either I'm afraid. They look like Beech leaves?
Where they grow. Time of year. Smell. Taste and their gills are the only way to identify. Plus Volva the lump at the bottom of the stalk and the ring on the stalk. Some have one or the other, some both. Ceps and Puff Balls neither, they have a bulbous stalk.
Get it wrong you are dead........they even kill photographers.
The machine is a hay rower.
the leaves are almost ready to fall.........Ex leaves!
Have a good weekend.
beautiful. loved the mallard and the red berries on the bush!
ReplyDeleteThat first photo of mushrooms...they look yummy. I wonder if they're edible? I hope the mallard evades the hunters. We've had a flock of wild turkeys visiting us lately. Hope they move on soon!
ReplyDeleteGrace, whatever you thought of my idea of having a book on your summer collection of pictures...you are off to a great start for autumn already with this set of pictures. They are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGolly, I love your selection of photos, The butter and eggs, I have never seen them before. Truly an amazing flower.
ReplyDeleteSend some rain our way, we will take all you can give. Sounds like your weather is much like here, cool nights and mild days. Perfect Fall weather.
Goodness, that is old GG. Looks like an old Hay turner.
ReplyDeleteJust a word of warning Grace, don't get eating those mushrooms and berries if you're feeling peckish on one of those walks. Anyway what do you mean "Roy likes old machinery"? - remember there's many a good tune played on an old fiddle. At last a picture of your ride-on mower but I think you should oil it a bit before next time. Rain for us for 2 days - oh hell.
ReplyDeleteWonderful images of your Autumn Grace..
ReplyDeleteI love the machinery and the fungi... a lovely time of year.
Hugs Andrew.
I enjoyed my walk with you and your camera. Lovely images.
ReplyDeleteLovely images Grace,
ReplyDeleteGlad you managed to get some Autumn (Fall) colour at last!
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
Lovely photos but, the poor Mallard Duck, it's to you to go, crack, crack, crack.
ReplyDeleteHI Hans-Peter...Thanks you so much!
ReplyDeleteHi Adrian...I didn't try any of the mushroom I want to live a lot longer!! lol
Thanks you funny guy!!
Hi Teresa...thanks so much!!
Hi Jean...thanks.. I don't try any mushrooms only store bought for me ; }
Hi Seasons...thanks you so much, you are always to kind...but guess what I except ! ; }
Hi Tammy...Thanks girl!! : }
Hey Roy...how about that..I actually thing they did that field with it!!
Hey Phil...you are the greatest character...you make me crack up laughing...aren't you glad I can give it right back at ya!!
HI Andrew...Thanks my friend !
Hi Ruth...thanks so much!!
HI John...thanks you!!
Hi Bob...I hate the hunting..but not much I can do!!
Thanks!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, you then know how my hands felt afterwards. Yep that roller, they do not make them like they use too, the least bit of pressure and the metal would bend out of shape. At least I dont have to do this for a long time. If you want you can email me, its in my profile. Good chatting and I hope you have a good weekend.
ReplyDeletea bunch of beautiful shots!! my favorites the mushrooms of course!!
ReplyDeleteyour temps sound like ours here...cooler & raining right now!! yeah!
These are fantastic! Autumn brings such beauty!
ReplyDeletebeautiful collection of photo's, i love the last one.
ReplyDeleteautumn is my favorite time of year & one of the best times to walk among nature.
have a wonderful sunday!!
Hi Grammie, I just popped over from Beatrice's blog. From your profile, you sound like the sort of person I would like to get to know. I love the New England states with a passion but have no hope of getting there since airliners my heart will not tolerate so, living in Australia, it is walking on water or taking a long, long trip on a ship.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to hear from you.
Hi Grace, that's a beautiful set Autumnal images you've captured there.
ReplyDeleteI don't see anything wrong with that old hay turner a lick of paint and it will be as good as new..lol.
Now, the fungi, I agree with Adrian the first one looks like a 'tuft' but they normally grow on rotting wood, so I'm a bit confused (it doesn't take much!). I'm afraid that I can't be of much help on the second one either...it looks like a mature Agaric but can't be sure ...useless or what?
The problem with fungi ID is that they change appearance very quickly and it seems to be that however many reference books or web pages you look at not one has an identical picture to the other, or indeed the photograph that you have just taken, It can be very frustrating!...that's why we, I, like doing it I guess...the challenge, it keeps the old grey matter ticking over...[;o)
Excellent berry pictures on your previous post btw.
Hi Tammy... Will do ..thanks!!
ReplyDeleteHi Laura...Thanks ...we are enjoying this weather while we can!
Hi Kerri..thanks so much!!
Hi Debbie..thanks ...wish we had better color this year,but we don't..last year was the year!
Hi Arija...Thanks for coming by...New England States...I would live no other place!
Let me know how you want to keep in touch!!
Hi Trevor...the first mushroom is in an area where that is wet there are some old roots of a Hackmatack tree, but they are not visiable!!
I think the hay turner was actually used to do the field there this year..If I see the fellar I will suggest a lick of paint to him! lol
Thanks for coming on board!!
I hope that Mallard survives Grace.
ReplyDeleteSuch a shame that some people still get a kick out of slaughter.
And you've got frost already? Brrrr! lol
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteTku for the lovely comment you left on my blog.....I am grateful for your kindness and sensitivity.
Oh dear, hope Mildred Mallard keeps her head down. I heard shooting last night in the fields about us.....I do so loathe guns.
Toadflax is a particular favourite of mine and grows in the garden. It turns up in the funniest places :) It is such a lovely buttery yellow, and never fails to make me smile.
Some stunning images Grace, showing the beauty around your home.
Hi Keith...nice to see you back!
ReplyDeleteThere is a lot of shooting at the river, this one was in the pond near my home! I hope you know it is a good place to hide!!
It is 85f here today and will be like this for half of the upcoming week..hard to believe we had a frost!!
Hi Cheryl..You are so welcome ...
I like that you have named her Milded : ]...I hate the shooting ..I'm am near the river!!
Thanks my friend!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLovely Autumn photos! The musrooms are always a neat find. And the flowers are gorgeous, I love the purple ones. It was a hot day today with most people still wearing shorts. I am wishing the warm weather will stay awhile. Have a great week!
ReplyDeletePerfect photos for autumn! I like those first mushrooms. I hope that Mallard stays in hiding.
ReplyDelete