Saturday, April 30, 2011

Variation And Harmony~~~"Yellow And Purple"

As I have been able to get into the gardens to clean up, and  just general garden work , I have noticed two predominant colors over and over.
Yellow and purple in many shades and variation of each......lovely appealing colors of joy, happiness, royalty and peace working together in harmony !!
Here are some photos I have taken over the last couple of days right on my own property that tell it all better than I can in words!!


"Trout Lily"
A wild flower growing near the edge of the woods!!
I feel honored to have them...back home as a child
they where a delight to see carpets of them,so to have
a couple of these in bloom here ..wow!!

What is Spring without purple violets, dandelions and honey bees!!

I planted Violas years ago and they have come back every year in
so many varied color of purple and yellow!!




The Goldfinch is almost in full summer yellow!!


More variations..love those little faces!!


"Forsythia bush bloom"
plus friend!!



Wild plant "Creeping Jenny".
Beautuful purple,but beware very invasive!!

Love these little Goldfinches,
like magic in the spring they turn yellow





"Vinca Minor"
Purple periwinkle.

I really like the one on the left...amazing how the color flooded!!


Sunshine in a tree!!

"May 1st "~ "May" it begin in harmony for you !! 





24 comments:

  1. Hi Grace, you have my favourite colour combination. I love purple and yellow blooms together in the garden.

    I had my first trout lily bloom this year and was over the moon. They are not native here. I had a feeling they would come from your part of the world. They are the most elegant of flowers.

    Dandelion, violet and a bee.....this is a Cheryl image if ever I saw one.

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.....and remember, take time to smell the flowers.
    BTW love the goldfinch....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Glad to see Spring finally making it your way in ME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl...We have good taste that's what it hahaha!!
    The Trout Lily is very special to me. They would blooming in carpets,and as a child my sister and I picked a bouquet of them and tied them with a ribbon for my Mom on Mother's Day!!
    Thanks so much happy you enjoyed!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike...thanks so much.. notice we too have Trout Lilies! : }} Now as many as you, but...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is still April as I'm reading this,but what a wonderful series of pictures to end the month with.I love those little Violas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you I havent seen a trout lily for a long time!! ITs a real beauty!! Violet and yellow make a great combo--dont you think? Happy May Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sondra...Thanks so much...you know I was concerned about that little patch for a few years because it had stopped blooming and all there was where leaves...checked this year and there it was.. : }}
    Great combo and Happy May Day to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your yellow and purple :-) This is the season of color for sure! I feel I missed the best part of wildflower time here, but the place I usually go would have been too rugged for the new knee yet. Nice to see your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...I love the Trout lilies too. They are such a beautiful color (and their leaves are interesting looking too).

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Mary...thanks...this was pretty funny huh with our color posts!!
    Hope that next year you will be able to get to those places on that new knee!!

    Hi Kelly...they hold a lot of memories for me..The are so lovely!! Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those violas are definately in my top ten, and yours with the faces look like a bearded bloke with hats on. Wonder why the flower is called trout lily?

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Debbie ....hahaha....now being on this side of the pond I would not think of bearded blokes with hats....
    Good question...Trout Lily (common name)....because of the mottled spotted leaves..they resemble the color of a Brook trout(fish) !! Don't know if you have them there!!
    Have a great week!! Careful with that dandelion brew !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my, how very pretty! :) All these signs of Spring are just wonderful.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Lois...thanks so much...best to you and your honey as you set sail again...
    Hugs an safe travel..Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring at last. Lovely Violas GG. They are sweet little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Roy....cute little faces, I really like them, they seem to come out in different colors every year Thanks..♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely to see all the spring flowers making a merry show now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Keith....thanks my friend, it sure is , but now I have to mow the lawns lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grannie G. purple and yellow are 2 of my favorite colors. We have several very yellow goldfinches around the feeders - mating season may also be affecting the males coloration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Jeannie!!

    Hi Beatrice...thanks...two great colors for the garden!!

    ReplyDelete