Today while mowing the lawn (it seem thats when I see them of course) I startled a least 10 or so White Admirals all together...I think they might have just hatched not sure!!
Monarch, Viceroys.Red Admiral , Morning Cloak are others but spotty!!
Mourning Cloak in my ususal none flower poses!!
Not sure who this fellows is but he doesn't seem to mind the honey bees !!
This Sedum plant is a great attraction for all kinds of bees!!
Monarch trying to hang on... the wind was really blowing!!
When I saw this guy he was doing practice runs at the pole !!
He finally landed long enough to get a picture !!
I did some digging but at first try couldn't come up with a ID!!
Last night finally found what I believe is it....Twelve Spotted Skimmer
(Libellula Pulchella) do you think I'm right??
At this angle you do not see the white!!
Hot!! 100 degress at my back door in direct sunlight today!!
+2.jpg)
+2.jpg)
+2.jpg)

Grammie, the skimmer is so beautiful. I have not seen it before. What a wonderful image.....
ReplyDeleteGlad the butterflies are now frequenting your garden. White Admirals are rare here now, I can't remember the last time I saw one.
Mind those bees.......
Hope temperatures cool soon.....but then I keep saying that don't I?
That Skimmer is so unusual GG.
ReplyDelete100 degrees.!
Well it was blowing a cold gale here yesterday and completely the opposite today (warm and sunny.)
That is a great photo of the pouring rain that we got last week.I don't think I've ever seen a Mourning Cloak butterfly. I'll have to keep an eye out for them around here. It sure is hot, isn't it? Glad I'm not sitting in a hot, stuffy classroom.
ReplyDelete100 degrees!? Wow, that's hot! I think I'd melt in that lol
ReplyDeleteA lovely selection of butterflies you have there; that Monarch is a real beauty.
And a Twelve Spotted Skimmer; never heard of those before. Had to google it. What a striking looking dragon.
Hi Cheryl..I'm trying to stay cool,but fans just aren't cutting it!!
ReplyDelete"Yes" I watching where those bees are when I'm around them not to made them angry!! : }
Thanks for comimg by!
Hey Roy..Yup its hot!!
The Skimmer I do see from time to time but really never payed much attention to what it was!!
Hi Jean... Liking retirement are you!!
I feel bad for the kids sitting in a class room and poor teachers!!
The Mourning Cloak seems to prefer hanging around the buildings and on the trees I have not seen one on a flower..so if you look start there!! ; }
Are you prepared for a hurricane!!??
Hi Keith...yes 100!....you probably would not melt but you could drown in your own sweat!LOL
Google is great is it not...thanks for your kind words!!
Oh.. you weren't having ice cream today?? I did!! Love the butterflies, but I've seen more dragonfly's lately than ever before. Too hot to sit out earlier,, tonight is better. the windows are open and the lights are off.. cooling down and letting my grapes drip in their jelly bag... Jelly making tomorrow!!!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a mourning cloak...lovely! the sedum always attracts a lot of butterflies, but ours isn't quite ready yet. Great dragonfly shots! That isn't one that I ever see, but the spots sure show well.
ReplyDeleteHey Grammie.. great to see you are now chasing 'dragons'. That Twelve Spotted is a stunner. Two consecutive warm days here but nowhere close to 100! FAB.
ReplyDeleteHi Tracey..I could go for an ice cream right now ...
ReplyDeleteHope that jelley came out good!!
Hi Mary...That Dragonfly is a cutie...you can't miss him !!
I love how the sedum also carries over into a nice burgundy color for fall!!
Hi Frank... "chasing dragons" yup!!
You got me going on that!!
I have seen one Mourning Cloak butterfly and that was it, just the once. I love the photo of the dragonfly, what an amazing sight to behold! Great photos.
ReplyDeleteYou don't post your email address, but if you would contact me, I would send you both a quilted mug mat like I mentioned in my blog one day and also the pattern for that flip and sew runner. You don't have to leave this comment on your blog, but I don't know how else to contact you.
ReplyDeleteGreat images. Soon it'll be cold where we live so it's good to see those last flowers before the leaves start to fall.
ReplyDelete