Most of the information I have read says that the Ipomoea ....most commonly know as the'' Morning Glory "...(doesn't that sound better)...will bloom until early afternoon ...not...unless it is an overcast day !!
I have grown Morning Glorys for years or I should probably say they have grown themselfs !!
Every year hundreds of them just pop up from seeds from the year before and I have to pull them out like weeds !! The Heavenly Blue and Flying Saucer morning glories do not seem to reseed ...why I do not know so I plant them every year ...they always bloom later ...they are my favorites and twice the size of these guys ...I'm waiting !!
This year I also planted a mixed pink and a heritage one and so far I haven't seen them bloom but I am trying to be patient hoping that the reseeded ones didn't crowd them out ...the vines all look the same !!!
Now for the mistery.... early blooming plant.....about ten years ago a plant just showed up in my garden ...so I let grow ..it had a real pretty flower so I left it !!!
I tryed to find out what it might be but really didn't get far with its identification.....a couple of years later it shows up again somewhere else in the gardens....this has been going on since then ....
This years it is back in 3 different spots...in order to get a picture of it in bloom you better be out there before 9:00 a m!! Got my picture and now with the internet I'm going to get a name for this plant!!
The closest I have come to a identification is the "Desert Rosemallow" ....Family: Malavaceae:; Genus: Hibiscus; Spieces: Cloulteri.......HUH!! ........it says that it grows out in the Arizona area!! " What"
Very pretty......but the color is not quite what I found in the pictures on the internet!!
Those are seed pods behind the flower !
The plant now is approx. 24 inches tall !!
Whats your thoughts on this pretty bloomer!!
Had a thundershower last night with rain hoping that it will help !
Hope that all you who need rain get some relief soon!!



Hi my friend, how are you?
ReplyDeleteI have for the first time this year had morning glory in the garden....I love them. They will definately be back......BTW love the shade of pink.
I am no expert on plants.....but to me it looks like some sort of mallow. The buds are different though, aren't they?? I am sure someone your way may be able to help. It's pretty lovely, isn't it?
Glad you had some rain.....so did I. Great isn't it??
Hi Grammie! I agree with Cheryl, that plant does look like a mallow all right but I too am not an expert on garden plants. Your morning glories are lovely.
ReplyDeleteI wish that I had your green thumb! I love morning glories. I had someone send me some seeds and I don't think any of them grew. I'm sure I did a lousy job of planting them. Yours are so pretty! I saw some in another yard last week and tried to take some photos, but didn't get good ones.
ReplyDeleteWhatever it is (probably a Mallow) it sure looks pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat pretty blossoms to brighten up the day!
ReplyDeleteLove these!! How beautiful and easy not the have planted!! Great pictures.. you should become a professional photographer.. you have such a talent of this!! Hope the week is treating you well and I'll see you at church soon!! Have a great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteHa, ha Grammie ... pretty funny about the dirty underwear! My friend from Quesnel had a good laugh. She says you must not live in a very populated spot. She lives in a trailer park but on the edge and has a LOT of deer go by her place and nibble ALL her prize plants. She gets so mad.
ReplyDeleteHi Cherly...once you have had morning glories you will want them again for sure...
ReplyDeleteThanks my friend!!
Thanks Cicero ...
Hi Mary.. just throw some in a flower bed in the fall thats basicly what theses do on there own!!
Hi Frank... thanks for stopping by !!
Hi Cheryl..thanks
Hi Tracey...your to kind...you should see the pictures that alot of these people take!!
Hi Cicero...happy to have giving you all a good laugh....
I love the picture of your garden. I'd like to have one with so many flowers but very few survive the winter over here ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Grammie,
ReplyDeleteI think it IS easier to have a husband die. I've had two dreams since D died wherein he left me for another woman. Devastating. In reality, he never would have left me and I don't know why I dreamed such dreams. D never chose to leave me ... the Lord said it was time ... and there is consolation in that. But I guess no matter the situation, our overpowering thought must be that the Lord loves us to such a huge degree that He is orchestrating our lives, shifting our circumstances to bring us to where we need to be ... so that we will be able to say ... "He has tested me, and I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10
I admit, that life is a bit humdrum at the moment ... I'm not exactly dancing for joy yet ... but it's coming.
As for single portion meals ... I lived alone until I was 50 when I married D. I had a system then that I can fall back on now ... after all, that was only 5 1/2 years ago. D also taught me a greater enjoyment of food and to better look after myself with proper nutrition. (He always cooked himself good meals when he was single --- he was a flat out good cook). There were times in my young years that I border on too thin. With D I probably got a little too plump but have fallen back to a happy medium now that food tastes good again.
I wish I could grow morning glories. I just can't seem to. As for the mystery flower, it does look as if it's related to the mallow, which is a wild hibiscus, I think. I've never seen this particular blossom on a mallow, though. It's pretty, whatever it is.
ReplyDeleteLots of beautiful flowers GG. The blue is quite striking.
ReplyDelete