I think I have had a case of the "Dreads" lately!! I know Autumn is just around the corner....and of course that means Winter is right there to take over.....which I dread!!
I have been trying to be more aware of what I can see and hear while we still have whats left of the Summer instead of thinking about whats to come!!
So I thought I would post some pictures of what has caught my eye through the lens over the last few days!!
"Umbrellas for little creatures" ; }
Woolly fuzzy caterpillar...and what are those ..little legs??
This one cracks me up...look right at his face ...does it not look like he has a mouth open and teeth showing ??
It is just dew reflecting white!! : }
Ahh!! A butterfly on a flower!! ; }
If you follow my blog you know what I mean!!The seed head of the Queen Anne Lace ..almost as beautiful as the flower!!
Morning Glory and Clementais growing on the same trellis!!
Are not those colors almost the same!!
I let this Thistle plant grow in amongst my Rugosa roses!!
My intent was for the birds ....I almost got to a point of cutting it down when I found this Goldfinch ripping it apart to get to the seeds!! : }
""Thistle Silk to adorn the Rose Bud bouquet""
What I call Jewel "weed "..that takes over my garden..has a real gem of a flower!!
They have seeked out water and are having a pool party!! : }
Same vine ....but different bloom designs!!
And "" Oh My"" when did you all turn red!!
I never noticed that there is a deeper yellow circle around the center until I saw it in this picture!!
The Eight...." Do Mores"
1. Do more than exist....live.
2.Do more than touch....feel.
3.Do more than look.....observe.
4.Do more than read.... absorb.
5. Do more than hear....listen
6. Do more than listen ...understand.
7.Do more than think....ponder.
8.Do more than talk.....say something. John Harsen Rhoades!!
+2.jpg)
+2.jpg)
1.jpg)
+3.jpg)



Some beautiful pictures there.
ReplyDeleteLove the caption for the first one lol
And that is one fuzzy caterpillar!
Your 'Jewel weed' grows here too. Orange Balsam; lovely flower, but very invasive.
Great butterfly shot GG and lovely red "tommies". (thats Somerset vernacular for Tomatoes.) {:)
ReplyDeleteThat caterpillar does look like he has mouth and teeth going for a chomp!
ReplyDeleteThe morning glory and clematis are VERY alike in color and appearance.
I don't have much of a tomato crop this year at all ... it has been a poor, poor year for the garden all around.
Like your 8 "do mores".
I love the curl of Queen Anne's Lace.. it is beautiful. Those tomatoes too!!! How great to pick something so fresh and take a bite. I love summer and I to am sad to see it go by. But, autumn also brings new lovely things to look at, take in and the air is so different! Love this post!!!!
ReplyDeleteHolingmoments...thanks for stopping by and your kind words!!
ReplyDeleteI am happy that I made you laugh!!
Take care!!
Hey Roy...thanks..yes got me a butterfly!!
I imagine there is an accent to go along with that too!!
Hi Cicero...thanks for your comments!!
Are you keeping the water hot for tea!!
Hi Tracey..thanks for you nice comment!!
Yes autumn can be a pleasant time of the year!!
See your having a yard sale..good luck!!
Beautiful post Grammie......the thistle silk and the roses is just so lovely. It makes for one pretty picture. The goldfinch on the down is a bonus and a welcome addition to any garden. I keep all sorts of weeds for the wildlife......
ReplyDeleteI love the frog party, wish I could join them it has been a hot summer. I have the grand-children today....they have been running under the hose while I water the garden.
Live for the day Grammie, it may, just may be a mild winter.
That caterpillar certainly has some hairdo and fangs to make sure no one makes fun of him. Glad to see you’re finally getting some butterflies. It’s a real beauty.
ReplyDeleteHi Cheryl..thank you for you kind comments!!
ReplyDeleteI had said to my self ..I bet Cheryl will like this one(rose&silk)!! : }
Our weather is not as hot but still remains quite dry ..watering alot...wish my grandkids where around ...the nine yr old grandson would love it but at 22..well my grandaughter probably would be game for that too.. : }
Wow the caterpillar is a really funny looking creature... I love your "Do more" ;-)
ReplyDeleteI loved all of the photos on this post, especially the goldfinch getting a meal. I love the Queen's Anne Lace before it blooms too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris for taking a little time to stop by while your on vacation!!
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be good if we could just "Do Mores" ; }
Hi Cheryl...thanks for your kind words on my post! : }
All the pictures bring me joy and memories..like the 'wooly worm' as we used to call them. Never saw one quite that close up. Does look like teeth in there instead just a reflection. My fav though was the beautiful tomatoes...I could take a chomp out of one of them. 2 years now mine didn't produce! Arrrgh! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a blessed day.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post to remind us to appreciate what we are seeing and experiencing how instead of worrying about tomorrow. I don't look forward to the cold of winter, but am fortunate to live where we don't often measure our snow in "feet" rather than "inches". Love the perspective on that wooly worm photo...you are really at eye level! Whatever that gorgeous butterfly is, I have never seen one like it....White Admiral? Love the little frogs! I let thistles grow for the Goldfinches, too :-) Isn't it fun to watch them? This post really brought a smile to my face today!
ReplyDeleteHi Grammie. Just to let you know I'm bearing up with the waiting (update on PJB to follow soon.
ReplyDeleteTommies..one day they are green and the next they are red...how do they do that. They look delicious. Love the matching blooms..can you recall the name of the Clematis? FAB.
well, according to your wooly catepillar, looks like you're in for a mild winter...... him being all light colored! Around here a few folks say the woolies predict the winter.....the darker they are they worse the winter or if they have dark stripes etc etc.
ReplyDeleteHi Jalynn01...Thanks for coming by.. happy to have brought back memories and joy to you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Frank...Had me a sandwich and 1 slice of a "tommie" filled the slice of bread!! : }
I cannot recall the clematis right now but I'll try ..and let you know on a comment on your blog!!
Hi Cyndi..I do hope for a mild winter and yes we do the same here "Woolies perdict the winter"" !!
Thanks for stopping by!!