We have had a few scattered shower here and there but was useless ...unfortunately yesterday it rained buckets..not the type of rain we needed!!
This morning the poor plants where just drooping with the weight of the water on them.. but the sun was warm...not a cloud in the sky... and a nice drying wind was helping to wipe away the over abundance of water!!
Around 10:00 I took a walk (barefoot) "I love it" to see how things looked and already some plants where looking a bit more perky!!
The flower head of a Sedum glistening in the sunlight!
Not a good picture....I could only open the door a crack or they would fly away..
but had to put in the public pool for birds!! ; }
Water ladened fern !!
A lifting grass seed head!!
The rain brings alot of cute mushroom-toadstool to the surface!!
Don't know really what they are called but I like them!!
Love this pure white one!
The Hops looks really refreshed!!
Heavenly Blue Morning Glory looking to the sun!
Bloom of the Hosta plant does not seemed to be bothered by its drenching!!
after that gorgeous day of drying out!!
Clouds built up and it poured buckets again!!
I stood under the overhang of the eves to take this!!
Raining buckets in the Rose garden!!
Sun tomorrow and we can start all over again!! : }
+2+3.jpg)
+2.jpg)
That is quite a rain you're having. I'd gladly trade you a bag of butterflies for a bucket of rain.
ReplyDeleteOh.. I love to be refreshed by your photos.. they are so calming, perfect and show God's handiwork..love it!! I love the white mushroom.. my daugther use to call them "icky mush".. I always think of that when I see one. Our tomatoes are coming in fast and furious.. spaghetti sauce in the making tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteHi Steve...You made me "LOL" ....How about half a bag of butterflies for half a bucket of rain!! ; }
ReplyDeleteHi Tracey..Thanks..your sweet!!
How did the yard sale go..good I hope!!
That spaghetti sauce will taste great this winter!!
HI Grammie, we have had very similar rain here. Torrential......
ReplyDeleteThe rain I am sure is more than welcome to you and the plants. Lovely to walk barefoot....I do it all the time in summer, just so good for the feet.
I love your bird pool, I have a feeling it may just increase in size with all that rain!!!!
Have a joyous weekend and BTW just noticed your grandchildren, they are very beautiful.
Wow that's heavy rain... We never have this kind of rain around here but get beautiful snow storm ;-) Water is life and I guess that this bit of rain is good for your garden. beautiful pictures you got. have a nice week end.
ReplyDeleteHi Cheryl...Thanks..I think my grandchildren are beautiful to. ; }
ReplyDeleteI did want to do some garden work today but its just to wet..perhaps tomorrow!!
I have four nice bird bath but I guess there is nothing like a good old puddle of water!!
Have a lovely peaceful weekend!!
Hi Chris...I guess you and I have a bit of a difference in our weather!!
ReplyDeleteSnow will come soon enough for us...it seems like summer had just started and "poof" it gone!!
Thanks...you have a great weekend too!!
Wow that is some rain GG. Love the white mushroom.
ReplyDeleteHi Grammie. As Cheryl said, similar conditions over here. The garden certainly needed the water but not the head bashing that went with it! Still its amazing how the plants cope and eventually respond. FAB.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers .. the wait goes on.
I love the morning glories and the pouring rain! All I got out of the showers were hundreds of red clovers popping up all over the lawn. Guess it's time to revv up the rider.
ReplyDeleteHey Roy ..thanks for dropping by..yah we got rain...everythings looks better today!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!!
Hi Frank..it sounds like it from what Cheryl said!!
I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!!
Hope your weekend is peaceful!!
Hey Nay... I already reved up mine today!!
Great images! I especially love the last one.
ReplyDeleteEven though you hate to get it all at once, we could sure use some of those buckets of rain here! It's been very dry. What lovely images you have today! My sedum looks very similar...a tad bit more purple already.
ReplyDeleteNow that is what I call rain!! lol
ReplyDeleteIt'll certainly make the mushrooms grow. ;)