Monday, May 3, 2010

""WHO IS LIVING IN YOUR FRONT YARD""

Saturday was a beauty of a day and I spent a great deal of my time out side!!  I did some mowing, a little picking up and cleaning flower beds..of course I am listening  to the birds and there where so many singing all at the same time I could not tell who was who but,over all them I kept hearing the distinct call  of the tit mouse!!!  I saw him keep going to the apple tree that is in my front yard!!  There is a lot of holes in it so I started  looking to see if there might be one they could be using!!   This tree has a very large hole right in the middle and I could hear a noise from inside!!!!  Of I go for the camera !!  Set the camera on micro....place over the hole ...click..click !!! Oh my goodness .....its ..its... what a raccoon!!!!


There he is !!

I never would of known he was there if it hadn't been for the tit mouse!!  I thought maybe  that it was just spending the day in there waiting until it got dark!!

Sunday I thought am I brave enough to do this again?   Then I thought your crazy that thing could come out of there and bite you if its still there!!!  My curiousity got the better of me so ..I did it again....whew!! I still have my hand!!

WOW!!  Its still there!!


This is the apple tree!! Notice how close it is to the road!!


This is  the hole in which I put the camera!!


   It is now Monday and of course I can not help my curiosty to see what going on in the tree!!  I get a leather glove ---as if thats going to help ----this animal can be pretty nasty--and of course it is cornered---just one more time!!!   I took  two pictures and was I surprised -----I have new neighbors!!! 


I think I can see a teet on her in this one!!


Do you see what I see by Mom's right foot!!  See that little face !!!  I was thrilled  !!!


I'm sure that the neighbor's are not going to be very thrilled to hear the pitter-patter of these feet in the neighborhood!!!!











9 comments:

  1. ...wow! You are brave! That's a really cool post. Loved the photos of the raccoon--good thing you were so observant! The raccoons in our neighborhood crawl out of the storm sewers at night. Not quite as romantic as your hollowed out tree cavity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really neat to have that happening right in your yard. I hope you're handy with the camera when she brings them out for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! I can't wait for the post when you're cursing how they got in the trash! ♥ I'm kidding, they are adorable, how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you for your comments!! Call me crazy but, I"m going to try again today maybe tomorrow??????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful find! If the bird hadn't captured your attention....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots! The baby is very little.

    By the way, beautiful kitties, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I'm glad you were brave enough to try taking photos! A mama and baby...so cool! I have a pair of pesky raccoons that come to my deck and clean up left over bird seed. I'm not too thrilled with them, but still find them fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bird Gird!! I just noticed that you left a comment on this post!! What I use is a little Canon Power Shot set on micro..it works great for these types of photos!! I just put the camera in the hole and hope for the best that...I get a good shot and that I walk away with my hand!! :}

    ReplyDelete