Monday, May 31, 2010

"" FLEDGING.....HATCHING.....AND STILL AT HOME IN THE TREE""


  I believe that Mr. &Mrs. Bluebird was very thankful to see the last one of there babies fledge!!!   On Friday they was constantly talking and tempting those fat butterballs babies with great delicious feedings ....I kept thinking if they don't leave the box soon they won't fit through the hole!!!      I checked the box late Friday evening and it was empty all six eggs had hatched and none had died.......a great success!!
This is what six nestlings look like living in a 5x5 area!!!   They are aproximately  11 days old here!!!



THE EASTERN PHEOBE FAMILY!!

   On the support beam of the one sided wood shelter the Pheobe has nested for years using the same nest ,but this year for some reason I guess it was time for a new one.... this is the new home!!

Nice looking place huh!!!
May 1st.

 At first I wasn't sure she was going to use the nest ,but then I started finding one egg then another and finally on the 13th there was 5 eggs in the nest !!! 

There is a 16 day incubation period!!

Feed-me!!  Feed-me!!!
All the babies have hatched , but it is a misable place to get a picture of them all with out getting blurred!!
The babies will fledge in approximately 16-18 days !!!!


ON TO THE HOLLOW TREE!!
Help the kids have me trapped in here ....or perhaps her lower jaw isn't being squished out ....maybe she is trying to snarl at me???   oooops!!!!    

If you have seen some of my previous post you know I have been keeping an eye on the raccoon family !!!   The two little ones are getting bigger and home is getting prettty snug!!!

This one is cropped and a little fuzzy but, it is so cute up close!!!


May 28th and things are getting tighter down in that hole ....they are the cutest little Rascals!!!

How darn cute is that!!!!  Well that is until they leave and start getting into mischief!!!     I believe in a previous post I made a mistake on when they start leaving the den....they are 2 months old when that happens!!! 

       For those of us who live in the USA....... may we not forget what the meaning of Memoial Day is ......and that is not just a day of from work !!!!    God Bless The USA!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe my Mr. & Mrs. B are still feeding my monsters here. Soon enough I suppose.

    Those racoon babies are adorable and getting huge! Maybe Mrs. Rackie was smiling at you, not snarling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a population explosion there. When all the babies grow up and move on, it's just like when your kids head out on their own. It gets real quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The babies are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are such cute little critters...the raccoons! Love the baby birds, too. What a lot of families you have to keep track of :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee....You may be right about the smiling,...but I will era on the side of caution...thank you!!!

    Steve...Yes your right!!! It will get real quite along about mid-summer when all this is over!!!

    Jean....They sure are...when your out running just stop and put your hand in there and check that out !!!! ;}

    Mary... Thanks... I really have fun doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness!! I was so far behind on following your blogs....you certainly have been busy taking photos and updating your blog. All your photos are great (Look Out Renee - your mother is stepping into your world). Love all your critters, chirpers, and bloomers (flowers that is).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey--Sis!!! What rock have you been under!! I know you have been pretty busy with all your political stuff!! ;} Thanks for checking me out!!!

    ReplyDelete