Saturday, May 22, 2010

""MAY IS SLIPPING AWAY"""


 When spring arrives it seems the buds on the trees and flowers unfurl turning everything into a wonderland that comes and  goes all to quickly.    I sometimes find myself getting all to busy with garden chores to sit back and enjoy that which is around me and then it is gone.    I did get pictures on the fly so I thought I would do a post and a revisit before May slips away!!! 


Yellow Lady Slipper!!

Lilly Of The Valley!!

Apple blossoms... my back yard!!!

White Violet growing in rock wall in my rose garden!!

 
Yellow Azalea!!!

?????  Don't know but beautiful!!!

Jack ...in his pulpit!!! May be preaching Sunday in a church near you!!!

Lilac!!

Ground cover of ferns!!!  Maidenhair I believe?

Narcissus!!

Flowering Crabapple!!

 
 Early clemetis ""Pink Champagne""

Reason to enjoy while you can!!  I took this picture and that very night temps went down to 28degrees!!   This was my beautiful yellow Azalea!!

 
The cold temperatures even killed new growth on my rose bushes!!

Even effect the Hosta plants!!!

I am sorry to end on a negative note ,but don't we tend to take for granted that there is always tomorrow!!!  Have a good weekend and try to enjoy the moment!!!!   : }

12 comments:

  1. Some lovely pictures. Your yard is beautiful. I had a lot of plants get hit by late freezes this year. I really liked that yellow Azalea and was terribly disappointed to see it after the freeze. I know there's always next year, but that won't happen until NEXT YEAR. Wasn't it just a month ago that April was slipping away too fast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our temperatures fell the last couple of nights but did not drop below freezing ... close though and I took precautions. Here, the rule of thumb is to plant after the full moon that follows our Victoria Day long weekend (which is this weekend by the way). But it had been SO warm for SO long I thought surely we are safe this year. Ha!

    Your flowers are lovely by the way. I don't concentrate much on flowers ... mostly vegetables. We don't have enough beds for flowers ... not yet anyway. Soil here is very poor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful set of pictures, lots of different beautiful things. Here the flowers are just coming out and trees barely have their leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve: Thanks for your compliments!! Ya!! next thing you know it will be June slipping away!!!


    Cicero: It sure has been a crazy spring with the temp's up and down hasn't it !! Thanks!! Keep the covers handy. :}


    Chris: We here are about 2 weeks ahead on all our growth!! Thanks for your kind compliments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got to enjoy all of that beauty before the late cold snap came. What a lot of beautiful flowers you have(had)! I love that Lady's Slipper...so pretty. We are much further along with our spring than you are, and most of this is already just a memory here. Always interesting to see when different parts of the country get spring and certainly shows how big our country and our world really are! Great photos and I hope the late cold didn't do too much damage to things still coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary ... Everyday I notice other plants and tree buds that have been damaged ....I do enjoy my gardens....thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I've counted well over 100 Lady Slippers in the last few days, but they've all been pink. The yellow seems pretty special. Great shots, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are having some delightful weather here today. I have been out for a brief period and sat in a chair and listened to the birds singing and the mother robin scolding her baby about going there or here. The hummingbird popped in on me and left before I could really get a good look. I find I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and it feels so good to wake up and realize it is still daylight. Your flowers are beautiful. I have some open but not much variety yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What beautiful flowers you have in your yard. I especially liked the yellow ladyslipper, I have only seen one and that was in Acadia. And the lilacs...ah, their smell is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GG,Your photos are splendid. Where on earth did you see a yellow lady slipper? That looks like one of the very expensive cultivated ones that my budget only leaves me lusting to have in my gardens. You captured the frost damage well. We had a lot here, too. My Weeding For Dollars customers are in despair over their now nasty looking hostas and hydrangeas. :( Ah, a gardener's life. RRR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I do hate to see beautiful plants wiped out by unexpected cold weather. How sad....

    I love your back garden....a lovely space.

    You asked what was growing over the arch in my garden....two plants, clematis rubens and persian ivy......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jack in the pulpit.. Thanks for finding me and for your great comment and letting me know about your blog in church today!!! Enjoy your Monday and I can't wait to continue to see you through our blogs!! Have a great night Mona.. see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete