Nestling announcements have been sent and the parents have a nest full of six demanding mouths to feed!
They had to have hatched between the hour of Mothers Day afternoon and Monday morning pretty much on schedule!!! There was 4 eggs on April 23rd --and on May1st there was 6 eggs!!
Somewhere between those two dates she must have layed her last egg and starting setting!! The hatching took place in just the amount of days (12 to 14 days) that they should!! Now; like a worried Mother I had to listen beside the box to hear little peeping because we had a very cold night last night (30 degree's) and a brisk wind!! Momma and Daddy must have been diligent and hung in there because I could hear little peeping, but did not open the box because of the cold air!!
Six eggs!!! Six nestlings???
What a intertwined bunch!!
Home sweet home!!
I'm sure Mom and Dad will have plenty of tails to tell the fledlings about the ''cold windy night'' they where born "there first night of snuggling with Mom ''with the temperatures hovering at 30 degrees!! They should be a hardy returning family for next year!! :~}

How wonderful that you were able to capture the little ones for us as well as the beautiful blue eggs. I've never had the fortune of seeing new babies. Brr...so glad they made it okay through last night's cold!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful birth announcement. They will be hardy little souls with their cold start in life. Hopefully they will live long lives ... for birds.
ReplyDeleteNew life....always a pleasure to view.
ReplyDeleteThey are extremely cold temperatures. Great parents it would appear.
I hope they make it! So cute!
ReplyDelete