Sunday, June 8, 2014

~~~More Warblers~~~

What can I say, but it was a warbler packed Spring migration, and I loved it!!

First up this time is a lifer, the Lone Ranger of the Warbler world, the Common Yellowthroat !!
His black mask is a for sure giveaway to his identity!!

Of all the warbler I have seen he is the only one that seems to be staying around here!  I see him when I walk a long private driveway near me lined with Alders bushes!(yes I have permission)!!

So this is the little masked  bird!!


"Common Yellowthroat"


I deleted many shot's with so much blur, it makes this blurriness look good !!
He bops through the trees at lighting speed!! 


Caught ya!! 
A decent enough shot for me !! : }


Moving on too what I thought might be another male warbler, and was thinking maybe 
a Nashville Warbler, but after some frustration on so many that have some of the same markings
 I posted it on a Facebook bird group I joined called "The Facebook ID Group of the World"!!

They don't tell you the bird's name first they point out things about the bird that give a hint !! 

For instance one was " It is common to misidentify this bird ,because there are others so similar!!

Your's has only a half lower white eye ring where the Nashville has a full eye ring!!

This bird is a female !!


I went with those hints, and I identified it as the Female Common Yellow throat!!
Yeah I was right !!
Pat myself on the back!! : }


She had been in the same vicinity as the male, so it makes since!!


"The  common misidentify " hint was the clincher !!


On to another which is not a lifer!


The Wilson Warbler, who was not cooperative!! 



He has a jet black cap, and yellow underside!!


He is in this shot, and the first one was cropped out of this!!
Can you see him??


Them right near him was this one, 
the female "Mrs Wilson" : }


She is very similar to the male except her cap is not real dark!!
She was more cooperative too!!



Still a few more to come !! : }

28 comments:

  1. Hi Grace. You certainly saw more warblers than I did this year. I'm enjoying catching up on what I missed. You've done a super job getting clear shots. My autofocus camera always tries to focus on everything but the bird. Looking forward to more. -- Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve... I bet you like this one with the name Wilson : }}}

      Delete
  2. so very cute! i did get to see a wilson's here once! thanks for reminding me of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really had some great warbler sightings and photos this season! great job Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you that you get to see all these Lifers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi grammie, that's a pretty bird. Great shots. Are ya getting Warblered out yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace....Another great selection from your Warbler fest, you're lucky to see such strikingly colourful birds and that life list must be growing at a vast rate now?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trevor.... The list has been on the rise this Spring, but now things have slowed down!! I'm not complaining tough!!

      Delete
  7. What fun! We so enjoyed getting out this spring and birding. Those warblers are such beauties! :) Hope your summer is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well there was an offer I couldn't refuse.

    "Come on over to my place, and see my warblers" she said. My mom warned me about those sorts of offers, but over I went. And then this lovely lady showed me all sorts of things I'd never seen before and told me how to be better at it myself". Wow, was I impressed with the goodies I saw.

    Think I'll call by again soon for some more lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil.....hmmm I think !! What am I going to do about you !!
      Your comment would be a good first liner to the beginning for a seductive novel ! : }
      I have some pointer and subjection when you get started writing hahahaha

      Delete
  9. Yet another great shooting spree GG, you are excelling yourself yet gain.
    Is there no end to your talents.{:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Roy.... You didn't come over to see my warblers in the last post did you?
    More excelling there : }}}
    Come here more often , and you will see I have more talents hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love warblers and so seldom see one. These are wonderful shots and you have seen a lot of very pretty ones. They always seem such delicate little birds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there - so great warblers you´ve got. Much more colors on your warblers. Ours are not so colorful at all. Great to see those delicate little birds and not so easy to catch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasse... You have your beauties there too!! : }

      Delete
  13. I want all these pretty warblers in my garden :) They are beautiful Grace and such a joy to behold.
    You are so lucky to have them so close to home.

    Am loving these warbler posts so very much.............

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely had a warbler spring! Good work on being able to ID all of those. We get a few of those here and I've managed to capture a few, but they are very tricky. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! Congrats on seeing all these warblers!

    ReplyDelete