Warblers: I did say there was more!!!
When I saw a bird larger then the Hummingbird land on the feeder I was quite taken back, because of it's different look, and I was not sure what he was doing on the feeder!!
When I saw a bird larger then the Hummingbird land on the feeder I was quite taken back, because of it's different look, and I was not sure what he was doing on the feeder!!
It turned out to be a
"Black-Throated Blue Warbler"!!
I don't know if he has a sweet tooth or just was looking for a drink!!
It was raining so perhaps some water had pooled there, but I guess I will never know!!
What a treat he was to see!!
The species of warblers are amazing!
This one is another "Lifer"
Another beauty I spotted flitting about in the trees while on one of my walks!!
It took a bit to find out this ones ID !
I didn't know where to start, but while looking through my
guide to Warbler handbook I was surprised to find this little guy there!!
"The Northern Parula" !!
It is one of the smaller warblers in the order Passeriformer !
A real darling , and a "Lifer also" Yeah !!
way to go! two beauties that i've never seen in person, either!
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa ... : }
DeleteHi grammie, what a cool picture seeing it taking a drink? Keep the photos coming
ReplyDeleteThanks John.... : }
DeleteKeep em coming!! Wow you have had some awesome birds in your yard this year.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sondra... : }
DeleteIts a job to keep up with your amazing bird finding talents GG.{:))
ReplyDeleteThanks Roy.... Yes I am super talented at sleuthing out these little beauties ; } !!
DeleteFantastic photos ! We get them here but they like to hide in the density of the trees cheeky things lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine... : }
DeleteNice series
ReplyDeleteThanks John... : ]
DeleteOh wow! What special treats you are seeing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth... : }
DeleteI have never seen such variety. Brilliant it must be.
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian... it is great!! : }
DeleteHi Grace...Wow!...that life list is growing at warp speed with the addition of all these beautiful little birds. Lovely to see...keep 'em coming!...[;o)
ReplyDeleteThanks Trevor... I have been on a roll this Spring haven't I : }
DeleteI love the cute warblers. Cool to see one at the hummer feeder. Great shots, happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine... : }
DeleteWonderful grace....how pretty is the last one. Looks a little bit like our Goldcrest.
ReplyDeleteLoving your birds....keep them coming.
I learn something each time I visit your blog :)
Thanks so much Cheryl... : }
DeleteYou have been lucky Grace, 2 birds and great photos of both.
ReplyDeletepeter
Thanks Peter.... Yes I have.. I can't believe it myself : }
DeleteRock on Grace. Another pair of gorgeous lifers.
ReplyDeleteThanks Frank .. : }
DeleteGrammie, how wonderful! I had both of these species pass through my yard this year as well but you got better pictures!
ReplyDeleteWow oh Wow! I can't believe that Black-throated Blue was visiting your hummingbird feeder! That's just amazing. And a N. Parula in your yard, too. Totally scintillating. You're so lucky. Not only that, but both are lifers? ka-ching!
ReplyDeleteWow! You have been busy and you are getting very good at researching and identifying species!
ReplyDelete