Sunday, June 1, 2014

~~~Love those Lifer's~~~

 Another lifer for me this Spring was the Chestnut Sided Warbler,this was May 8!!  I had no idea at the time what the bird was!!
I finished my walk, and as usual I am very anxious to download the photo's to see what I have, that is always the best part and even better when it is a bird I have never seen before!


My first shot didn't show much, but it is a bird so click click click!!  : }


Then there is a face ...Hmmm!!


A this point I have my warbler guide out and, searching!! 








When I started to really see the color of the sides near the wing I was like "Wow" I have
never heard this name in the Warbler spices let alone seen one!!


He gave me quite a few opportunities to get some half decent shots of him!!


My second lifer warbler this Spring!!



16 comments:

  1. wow! pretty thing he is! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a treat to spot the least seen birds. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reena... are you summering in Maine ? : }

      Delete
  3. Well done Grace, the first time, a lifer, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny how nature can still through something new at us.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bird. You are becoming a pretty special bird watcher GG.{:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy... A girl has to be special at something!! : }

      Delete
  6. He is a pretty little bird. Glad you got these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth.... It takes some patients!! : }

      Delete
  7. You lucky Gal! This is a super bird, I havent seen one in years! You got some very good shots of him too!! Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sondra... There has been a fair amount of them seen here this year from what I see on eBird substitutions!!! : }

      Delete
  8. Grace, what a wonderful selection of birds you have. That has to be one of the prettiest. Perhaps you could send some here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl... I am sure you have some beauties to!! I wish they where around all season but they are just migrating through!! : }

      Delete