Friday, January 3, 2014

~~~Where Did I Go~~~

 Would you believe me if I told you I haven't been blogging because I was at the North Pole helping Santa preparing for the big night "Christmas Eve"??  "No"?...I didn't think so!!!
I have been on  a remote island in the Caribbean....my camera was stolen, my computer crashed,..."possible" but not so  : ) !!

Well the truth is there are times when the to-do lists get's long, and mine was of many outside things that needed to be accomplished before the ground froze, and the snow flew!
Pack away summer, clean up the fall, and dig out the winter things .... shovels, snow blower, roof rake, clunky heavy boots, hats, mittens, and,etc, etc!!

Thanksgiving on my doorstep,thought's of the past Thanksgiving's when my Mom was alive entered my mind!  Although she past away in 1995,it was just before Thanksgiving that she was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor behind the ear area, and she died on New Years Eve of  95 making this time of year not always the best for me,and this year for some reason it was a rough one!!

 Knowing I would be spending the first week of Dec at my daughter's home in Buxton, to be with my 12 year old Grandson, 2 dogs, and 2 cats, while she flew of to Tennessee for here work I had to pull it together!!
Feeling overwhelmed I had to prioritize,so I put myself on restriction, no camera, and no blogging !!
The two things I could spend hours doing, and I should have let my blogging friends know, but this stuff is like nuts, or chips,once you eat one you can't stop , so I had to stop cold turkey !!

It was a good week with the Grandson, and the animals!!  It helped me get my mind of other things!!


The Grandson with Minnie (adopted rescue dog) they have had for a few months!!


The Grandson with there other rescue dog Rollins they have had for over a year!!


So that's what's been up until the end of the first week of December!!





41 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you were just busy with life, rather something awful happening.. Your grandson and the dog are both cute! I am glad you are back, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GG, These anniversaries about lost love ones come around and you do think many things, sometimes good, sometimes not so and also at Christmas as well when specific memories flood back.
    You may not have been at the North Pole, but with the snow it must have feel like it.{:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those kind words Roy....yes it is very North Pole looking here!! : )

      Delete
  3. glad you could go spend time with the grand kid and dogs. i'm sure you helped out a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa... They are all very entertaining : )

      Delete
  4. Memories are good but they can be very painful at times and the holidays seem to have that effect. Glad you are back and hope you have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chores seem to double up this time of yr for some reason. BOY its COLD these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace,
    I was starting to wonder what happened to you... Glad you're back & happy to find out you are fine. I want to wish you a Happy & healthy New Year. I really like following your blog and I missed you.
    Take care,
    Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise ...ya I know I should have at least posted something didn't mean to have people wondering !! : )

      Delete
  7. good to have you back Grace and hopefully now that the new year has made a start you can move along again. I know too from experience having lost my hubby three years back from melanoma, that was in September '10 --------- that lead in to Christmas and New Year still hurt. You long for those who meant so much to you naturally. I share you feelings and to have backed off and got stuck into the other things that were also very important, was the good thing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Grace. Yes I sis wonder where you were however it is nice to know you have chilled out and spent time with family. great to have you back. It is good to have breaks from time to time as one usually comes back feeling better. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grace nice to see you back to your best. It's been a crazy time here aswell ans I went AWOL for a little while getting the house renovation finished.
    There is something about rescuing a dog that is so humbling.
    Hope you have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaun... glad your doing ok too!!
      Ya I think my daughter would have more dogs if she could afford to : )

      Delete
  10. Good to hear you are back to normal. I wish I were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian... I didn't say I was back to normal that will never happen lol!!
      You'll get there!! : )

      Delete
  11. Nice pictures of kids and dogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John...hope your keeping warm in this weather!! : )

      Delete
  12. There you are!! Happy New Year!! You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're glad to have you back....even if you didn't get to the Caribbean :-) I wish I had your resolve to get busy on things that need to be done. My excuse for not blogging is just laziness. Great looking dogs they have rescued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary ... right now the Caribbean would be great in this miserable weather : )

      Delete
  14. Hey there Gracie lass, Christmas was low key in Blackburn damn nearly worked all of it but the times off we're nice and chilled. Hey ho back to normality for us both, glad you are well and ready to blog again

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehe....good to see you today grace and to read all of your nonsense (the first part of this entry, not the real/good stuff)!!

    don't you just hate it when real life gets in the way of having fun?? sometimes, it just has to happen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie... ya it isn't a perfect world now is it!! : )

      Delete
  16. Glad you took time for you. Sometimes we have to do it to clear our heads or nothing else will get done either. Sending many warm wishes for 2014 your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Count Grenville and myself among those friends who also missed your posts, Grace, and we were glad to read ,and get your email too, that the break was self-imposed due to life and not illness, etc. holiday memories of loved ones who has passed on can be tough ones, but the memories can also help and you certainly made happy ones with your grandson and the pets. Happy New Year from us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B. ....Yes your right, time for new memories!!

      Delete
  18. I spent very little time blogging last month too. Just way too much going on, and actually some similarities with you. No Caribbean in my story, although my two daughters just went to Hawaii and we have one of the dogs visiting with us. (Something wrong with that whole scenario!) I 'm a bit closer to the North Pole part though, both the geographic one and the little town just down the road from us. I also set up an extensive North Pole village around the house, so I too will claim I was helping Santa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine... your comment made me have a good chuckle, which is good!! : )

      Delete
  19. It's busy for everyone at that time of year. I am so sorry to hear that it is a hard time of year for you. I hope there are happier days ahead in 2014. Here's a little surprise for you: while you have been out of touch my husband got a job transfer to Bath, ME. I will be there in just about a month! Perhaps we can meet after I have settled in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie... Wow you sure do move around don't you !! One extreme to another!!
      Would be great to meet up!! : )

      Delete
    2. Yes, once I get there and the snow melts!

      Delete
  20. Welcome Back Grammie!!!!!!! I would have answered sooner but i was kidnapped by Albanian Slave Traders. They took me to the market to sell me,,,,, but only got one taker,,,,, if they paid her 10 dollars..... they dumped me back in my yard.
    Grenville

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back Grace, lovely photos and I can well understand the break. Wishing you nothing but the best in 2014.

    ReplyDelete