Tuesday, December 18, 2012

~~~Another Thanksgiving Weekend Excursion Post~~

When I did my last post "Thanksgiving weekend Excursion" I failed to mention that I had another day of excursions from that weekend I needed to get done before Christmas excursion with the family would be on the docket to post before Easter ; ) !!
Now probably that was best since I can't seem to keep up with you all : ) and your daily posting!!
These photos are from Saturday of that weekend .  We started out late morning with our destination  being Cape Neddick   in York Maine, with some stops along the way!!
Heading into Biddeford  was a large Christmas tree sat in a small town square decorated with old style wooden, colorfully painted buoy's ( wanted a shot of it, but between traffic and no vantage place I passed ) We drove along  the shore line on to Biddeford Pool down a turning and twisting road to a dead end where there is a little place called Vines Landing!!  I was able to take these photos from there!

Yes..(my photos do enlarge when  clicked on!!)

This is Stage Island Monument !!


"Wood Island Harbor Lighthouse"

 From here we drove more winding twisting narrow roads to Fortunes Rocks also in Biddeford  I would not want to be in these places in the summer months, they are wall to wall  tourist !!

I took this one from the edge of the road that has at least a 12ft wall of large granite boulders for a 
break water !!

My Grandson and I climbed down to the sandy beach ,which looks like is covered 
with water at high tide...from here I was able to catch a few shots of  
 a couple of surfers taking advantage of the great waves !!
Not my cup of tea thank you ; )...

and one of those waves took advantage of the surfer : )
   

I love these big waves and  loud noise as they crash on the beach!!


A group of Sandpipers flew in  probably looking for small morsels washing up with the tide!!


Here are some on the hunt ...so cute to watch !!





Always can count on a Gull or more to be around!! 

And there is always a comic when the Grandson is around to !!

That's better!!
They are on top of that wall of boulders here ...
Love these two!!
If you notice here the Grandson at least had on pants instead of basket ball pants as in 
the previous post : ), and it was very windy and cold this day to !
I can't really say much though because my daughters and I do not own a winter jacket : )
Vests and layers is the way to go for us ...tank top under, next short sleeves , 
then long sleeve, and last a vest..Works for us"!!
  

Here I am the "Queen of layers herself"!!
..The minute I stopped taking shot's at them she fired back!!
I'm saying "NO"!

Hopefully we will get to Cape Neddick before Christmas ; )


19 comments:

  1. Hi Grace, Looks like you had another cold and windy day out?....Good job you remembered your vest!!
    Great shots of the crashing waves, I can just hear the noise!

    Stay safe and have a good Christmas...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and steady, not the waves, wowee, here comes one. The Sandpipers are well into it, they are great. The Queen Grace of layers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing those waves.It is a novelty for me,as I don't see things like that on the prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome images Grace, I really enjoyed all of them!! I can hear the waves crashing, I can feel the spay of the water! Nice outfit, pretty in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice series- I especially like the wave shots

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice looking bunch ... the three of you. I wear layers AND a jacket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for sharing this post Grace.. your images are fantastic and I really do wish I lived just that little bit nearer to the coast.
    I have been checking back and would love to thank you for being a friend for over two years.
    A great big Christmas hug from Andrew XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had fun ! Fantastic photos ! i do like the photo of you on the beach very lovely . Wonderful header photo as well ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome family time Grace! Love the surfers too...
    I nearly froze when I first moved to NYC from SC. I didnt own a winter coat, but this ole' gal finally broke down got a knee length "yankee Winter Coat" and I was cozy as the teapot after that no matter, wind, rain, snow...NOTHING got through to make me cold! Since Ive moved back to SC, my amazing winter coat is stashed WAYYY in the back of the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shoreline shots GG.
    Careful, your feet will get wet if you stand there much longer.{:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved getting to see you, too!!

    those waves are powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you changed out of that wet suit then posed for that last picture pretty smartish didn't you? But I notice you ignored my advice about indulging in those extreme sports. With a bit of a change in the tide you could have got washed away on that bit of old plasic and then landed up here on our local beach and me having to dry you out. Look after that lad of yours and don't give him a hard time about his pants, he's what is called "trendy", not like us old duffers. Stay warm and dry my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos Grace, that walk looked exhilarating and great photos of you and your daughter and grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful shots of the coast and great shots of your grandson, daughter and you! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Trevor..if you watch those waves long enough they can put you in a trance ; )

    Thank you Bob...Ya those Sandpiper are great fun to watch : )

    Thanks Ruth...I love the waves, you have to take a trip!!

    Thanks Debbie ...Feel the spray huh..wow that's good
    photography ; )

    Thanks you.. John : )

    Thanks You Elaine >>: )


    Thanks Andrew ...I don't think I could live far from the coast : )

    Elaine Thanks..and for noticing the header! : )


    Thanks Sondra...hang on to that coat you never know when you might need it ; )

    Thank you Roy...not to worry, I have my wellie's under that
    vest ; )


    Thanks Teresa... I decided to come out of hiding ; )


    Thanks Phil my friend...hey I'm only 49 ; )..those extreme sports are nothing to me ; )


    Thanks Elaine ...yes I love it, and being with those to!! : )


    Thanks Eileen... Love my time with those two!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post at the sea with your daughter and grandson! It's also nice to see you! :)

    Loved the waves and the sandpipers too.

    Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and loved ones.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great set of photos. Sometimes I miss the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful images but it does look cold!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful wave shots Grace. What a great excursion to go on with your family.
    Thanks for your belief in me during this rather hard time.

    ReplyDelete