I was thinking I best get these photos posted before my Christmas visit to my daughter gets here, and I have more of our excision to post!! These are from Thanksgivings 3 day visit with her and my Grandson!!
Friday was a sunny pleasant day for November so early afternoon we headed of to Pine Point in Scarborough ! A fairly short ride under 20 minutes!! As we got closer to the coast we could see a light cloud bank with a hazy to it!! As we pulled into the parking lot, people around seemed to be pretty bundled up !! As we stepped out of the car we knew why "WOW" what a difference a few miles makes when you are at the ocean ...the wind was unreal!!
Heading from the parking lot up onto the dune bank this is the first thing I saw a "Para sailor"!!
I believe the tide was full out and on it's way back in!!
Friday was a sunny pleasant day for November so early afternoon we headed of to Pine Point in Scarborough ! A fairly short ride under 20 minutes!! As we got closer to the coast we could see a light cloud bank with a hazy to it!! As we pulled into the parking lot, people around seemed to be pretty bundled up !! As we stepped out of the car we knew why "WOW" what a difference a few miles makes when you are at the ocean ...the wind was unreal!!
Heading from the parking lot up onto the dune bank this is the first thing I saw a "Para sailor"!!
I believe the tide was full out and on it's way back in!!
I have seen this done before, but in "Winter" brrr
Supposedly wet suits are supposed to keep them warm..hmmm!
There was more ..five in all, but to scattered to get in one photo!!
Amazing to watch!!
Late fall and winter months you are allowed to ride horses on the beach !!
Strange that as you leave the parking lot there is a dispenser with bags to pick up
you doggy poo-poo, but horse poo-poo...I guess is "okay"?? ; }
To me this photo says so much....the old man with a cane walking slowly along.....
while horses and riders gallop in stride.... a small beach area, with mostly
summer homes but when the tide is out, in the foreground you could walk
beyond those large buildings to Old Orchard Beach in Portland...
a popular tourist place in the summer !!
My Daughter and Grandson, and the new addition to the family "Rollins" !!
Wish you could see there faces as one of the sailor's board flipped and down
he came sail and all!!
Such fun to watch those guys !!
His teeth are probably chattering here since he was so sure
he was going to be warm enough in this outfit ; }
My Daughter and Rollins !!
They only had him a week here, a one and a half year
old rescue dog..his first beach visit ...he hales from Mississippi !!
Great dog ,minds well ,and had been in foster care for a couple of months!!
This is what the dog was watching ...The Grandson beating feet back to the car..
Ha...he was freezing, and we was not far behind him!!
Interesting, and fun time with two people I love dearly!!
I can feel the cold. Still a good day out.
ReplyDeleteLove those shots of the horses on the beach. Coincidentally, though, last night I was talking with a friend who lives at Pine Point, and she mentioned the mess created by the horses being allowed there.
ReplyDeletethose wind surfers are amazingly athletic and daring! :)
ReplyDeletei LOVE rollins! what a pretty dog! i bet he's so happy to have his new home and family!
Looks like a fun day but I'd be way to cold.
ReplyDeleteYou would be surprised at just how much warmer the sea is this time of the year than in the summer.
ReplyDeleteReally nice series of photos. Im loving Rollins !
Fantastic photos ! Looks like a great time that's for sure ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteI love going to the beach even in the cold wind it is fun. The parasailing looks like fun. Rollins looks like a great dog, glad he found a great home with your daughter. Great shots, thanks for sharing your visit. Have a wonderful week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI lived on a northern shore beach and can testify about just how BITINGLY COLD That wind can be...it goes thru all clothing!
ReplyDeleteBUT you cant stay inside, you have to get out there and enjoy and y'all did just that. The new doggie looks like a real sweetheart..Bravo to your dgtr for adopting!!
The beach can be so cold this time of year .. But then, it is still the beach. Great photos.
ReplyDeleteKatselin ihaillen mainiota kuva-sarjaasi 'ranta-tapahtumista'.
ReplyDeleteHienosta aiheesta olet kuvannut kauniita kuvia.
Talviset Terveiset Suomen Kuusamosta...
Hi Grace, It looks like you had some excellent 'family' time at the beach?
ReplyDeleteIt did look a tad on the chilly side but I hope you didn't 'whimp out' on a paddle in the sea?...[;o)
sounds like a great day grace, i adore the beach, mostly in the off season!!
ReplyDeletedid you look for sea glass??
i always think the same thing about the "poop"....i really do think the horses should wear little....haha, BIG sacks around that area, to catch the poop!!
Great pictures showing us, really liked all of them.
ReplyDeleteOttar
Makes me cold just looking at them- the first - the first stands out for me.
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian..I see you are the first one ; }
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean...how about that huh..I can image it does!!: }
Thanks Teresa...Rollins is a lucky boy, and so are they!! : }
Thanks John...chicken : )))
Thanks Shaun...hmmm didn't know that...But I'm not going to stick my toe in there!! : }
Thanks you Elaine : }
Thanks Eileen...I love it any time of year : }!!
Thanks Sondra..Can be harsh those winds at the beach!! : }
Thanks Reena...are you missing Maine : }
Thank you so Eko.. : )
ReplyDeleteThanks Fayal..
Thanks Jose
Thanks Trevor...Do you think I am crazy ; ) Of course I wimped
out : ]
Thanks Debbie...love to look for sea glass : } You are to cute ..diapers maybe haha!!
Thanks you Ottars..: )
Thanks John...you should be used to cold : }}
Thank you so Eko.. : )
ReplyDeleteThanks Fayal..
Thanks Jose
Thanks Trevor...Do you think I am crazy ; ) Of course I wimped
out : ]
Thanks Debbie...love to look for sea glass : } You are to cute ..diapers maybe haha!!
Thanks you Ottars..: )
Thanks John...you should be used to cold : }}
Very brave visiting a beach in the winter lol
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time though. And a beautiful looking dog.
You can't fool me Gracie. I know that's you up there dangling from that contraption over the beach, trying to relive your youth. Just be careful next time, you don't want to end up in hospital for Christmas do you when the only thing up in the air would be your leg in plaster. Nice pictures of the beach though, good to Maine without the snow.
ReplyDeleteMore seriously and on another topic, look out for seemingly innocent comments from people who are in reality spammers leaving links to web sites which you wouldn't want to visit.
As you like dangerous sports next time I come visit we'll go sky diving together and count the birds on the way down.
Cheers from your favourite British Buddy.
I used to fly kites, lots of them. Valuable kites in your pictures. And I feel for your grandson, brrrrrrrrrrr.
ReplyDeletebeautiful beach shots!! it LOOKS cold!! BBbbbbrrrrrr! even with those wet suits on...no thanks...i'll stay on the land! =)
ReplyDeletei love Rollins...and so happy for him!!! he can now have all the LOVE and HUGS he wants!! and deserves!!
Glad you got these Thanksgiving photos posted before the upcoming holiday, G. It was fun to "see" your excursion, but sure did look like a cold day on the beach, especially for the grandson. Rollins is a lucky dog to have a couple of nice new owners.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a cold day alright. Glad you had the love of loved ones to help keep you warm.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful series of beach shots! Looks like you had a wonderful visit with your family, even with a cold day at the beach.
ReplyDelete