Monday morning I placed a short lens on the camera, and headed out to look for some caterpillars, butter flies and the like ! Barefoot walking on cool dew drenched grass, is fabulous!! Nothing can describe that feeling!!
I was heading to a long dirt driveway that is just down the road from me to see what was there to capture with the camera !!!
I noticed how pretty the morning glories where in my garden
so stopped for a few clicks!!
Across on to the dirt road you are met with this sight!
Thistle gone to seed ..
remind me of shooting stars!!
Found this Monarch Caterpillar munching on his breakfast
of Milkweed leaves!!
Pearl Crescent was the only butterfly I saw !
It is a wonder I saw this tiny guy ...The Gray Tree Frog!!
He is no bigger than the little finger nail on a mans hand is the best way I can
tell you his size when there legs are all tucked in laying in disguise : }
They can camouflage themselves as gray or green !
This one was green,with his legs all tucked in when I noticed
him lying on a leaf back to me ..but he jumped to another leaf when I tried to get
a photo and was facing me when I got this one!
Pearly Everlasting...I loved these !!
When I was a kid I loved the crunchy feeling the flower has!!
Hoping to get my butt in gear and get more comments out there to you all...and I will say it again as I have been saying all along.... more posts done : }!!
What a beautiful images, I love the Morning Glory and the Frog, I would like to capture it, tiny and brilliant.
ReplyDeleteA grand set.
ReplyDeleteThe frog is the star of this show...A bit akin to the Muppets then!
a very pretty walk! like that cute little frog!
ReplyDeleteThink how lucky you are to see all that. I often wonder how many people never even see the beautiful skies because they're always in such a hurry.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend. I enjoyed these photos!!
Fantastische Fotografien...
ReplyDeleteGrüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
A sauna and barefoot in the grass? We should be so lucky here in the UK. But wasn't that a film starring Jane Fonda or a lookalike called Gracie Fields, or am I getting confused in my old age? I like the thistle gone to seed shot pic - now that's clever enough to try over here and claim I thought of it. Nice picture of the tiny frog and here's me thinking you might post a picture of the world's biggest frog just like that giant moth you claimed to see. keep laughing Grace and enjoy the sun while you can because the snow won't be too far away.
ReplyDeleteA lovely set GG, the Pearl Crescent is amazing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos ! It nice to go for a walk and see what you can capture isn't it ? I often like to do that ! Thanks for taking us with you !
ReplyDeleteLovely walk and photos! I like those thistle seeds and love the cute little frog. Amazing you were able to spot one so tiny. Our little wood frogs are on the ground and they totally blend in--until they hop. They're a little bigger than your little guy.
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful close-ups, Grace. I enjoyed them so much, and the little frog? So, so cute. He posed for you!
ReplyDeleteYay!
ReplyDeleteGrace, I love the butterfly, caterpillar and the cute frog. Lovely series of images. Wishing you a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you Bob : }
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian..cute little guy isn't he : }
Thanks Teresa : }
Thanks Sue..I do appreciate all that's around me : }
Thanks you Han-Peter : }
Thanks Phil ..I think lol...you know I will be over to give you a razing soon..: } ..you can use my words for the thistle ; }
Thanks so much Roy...it is a small and colorful butterfly, and hard to find still..luck!!
Thanks Elaine..always something to see : }
Thanks Elaine..Those little guys are just a chance , but I do see then..need a quick eye : }!!
Thanks Jean ...I appreciate your comment!! : }
Thanks Scout ; } Glad that made you happy : }}}
Thank you Eileen ...you have a great one to!!
Grace, isn't it great to be able to go our barefoot, now? We know that within a few months you will be sending quite different photos But today's walk was wonderful in terms of the images captured and the simple pleasures of looking around our own backyard. And, of course, the frog was my favorite today followed by the thistle. Enjoy the weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour walk yielded some beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteA lovely walk with you Grace and lovely photos, so glad the weather is more bearable now. Pearly flowers and Pearl butterfly...a bit of a theme here ;-) The butterfly is really pretty and that teeny,weeny frog is just gorgeous too!!
ReplyDeleteI love the Monarch caterpillar, what a big beauty it is, not as beautiful as it will be eventually of course, I do wish we had them here!
yay for the nice weather & being able to go for a walk!
ReplyDeletewe're having a rough time getting outside here for any length of time...due to the pesky mosquitoes!
anyway...thistle! ouch!! but beautiful!! love the little froggie, butterfly...awesome caterpillar & skies!!
HI Grace, I noticed the morning glories 're a bloomin alongside the roads around here right now...love them! awesome soon to be Monarch, and the very sweet cresent!! Love this better weather!
ReplyDeleteA cracking set Grace.
ReplyDeleteThat dirt road looks a good place to explore.
Hey Grace, you just can't go wrong with butterflies, frogs and flowers. Terrific photos, thanks.
ReplyDeleteAll so lovely! This is a great time of year. I've been looking for tree frogs all summer, but have yet to find any. When I see the thistle seed fluff, it makes me think of Disney's Fantasia....the part done to the Nutcracker Suite. They look like dancing ladies in white skirts. Love the morning glory.
ReplyDeleteWonderful landscape images Grace... you could be just up the road from me over here (apart from the weather... it's raining again)
ReplyDeleteI love all your images.
Hugs Drew xx
Love the frog and the monarch and I start to envy your light as we are getting into darkness over here ;-) and grey weather
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, a wonderful morning walk that was ! Beautiful nature photo as it´s best. I can feel the dew as you describe it...marvellous !
ReplyDeleteHieno sarja 'Kesäisiä-Kuvia'.
ReplyDeleteNäissä kuvissa on vielä kesä tunnelma.
Meillä kesä alkaa kääntymään syksyksi.
Oma viehätyksensä on myös syksyssä.
Eko
Awesome pictures! What beautiful surroundings you have. :) We are so glad you are enjoying this summer too. We are ready for the dryness and heat to end, but are making sure to put some away for the long winter ahead. :)
ReplyDeleteThat does indeed look like a great walk, wonderful photos. If you don't like thunderstorms then you would not like where I live, they can be a daily occurrence in a good summer. Although this summer there haven't been as many, maybe 30 or 40.
ReplyDeleteThe heat seems to be an energy drain in every area of our lives! Even blogging!!! Glad the evenings are cooler ... it makes so much difference. I live at quite a high altitude so usually our evenings cool off ... hence the short growing season. You were able to get some very good shots on your foray out.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteI love the way you started this post! When you say how nice it feels to walk in the morning, I know what you mean...
Very nice serie; love the butterflies and the flowers. Nice landscapes, eveything looks quiet out there.
Have a great weekend,
Louise
awesome photo's, that first one, just for me, right?! ;)))
ReplyDeleteThose are such great macro shots and all very enjoyable photos. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
ReplyDelete