Friday, August 3, 2012

~~~Staying Close To Home~~~

I think it was the end of June that I said I had to get on the stick and do some posting...."ya sure"...and it is now August !!
Another week here of hot,and muggy, sticky "yuck" weather,with  more to come !!  It has been over 70 degrees the last couple mornings, about 10 degrees,and warmer then most of the night time temperature we have had this summer!!  Humidity levels are very high,and yikes the sun just broke through a heavy over night fog, it is 8:40AM,and that outdoor thermometer  is going to soar!!
Yesterday two carpenters from Home Depot installations services installed a replacement slider patio door,and a window over my kitchen sink for me!! !! Poor guys where drenched in sweat, but where very good natured  about there work, and it looks great!!  I think jobs in extreme weather conditions are taken for granted!!!!
Okay.. I haven't ventured far so some photos from  around the gardens!!

If you are a regular reader , you may remember the post  "My New Neighbor" ..just 2 posts back!!
For a short time after that , "Chip" the new neighbor was not out and about much!! I know he must
have had a major stash of sunflower seeds, because he sure hauled off a lot of then into the rock wall!
Now maybe he was painting the nursery walls lol ; }!!   No doubt where there is one there is more of these little critters  multiplying  : }}}!! 

Well  a couple of evenings ago  I was able to get these photos as he was foraging under the bird feeder!! 




Some flowers from the garden, who seem to be loving this weather!!










"Yummy" Wild Raspberry's !! 

Another garden,and bird feeder visitor the "Song Sparrow", enjoying the evening light!! 



A "High Five" to you all for your lovely comments you leave on my posts, and 
for the awesome post that you do for me to enjoy!!

PS ..If you are not familiar with the high five, it means good job, way to go, well done ...etc. : }}}

25 comments:

  1. with those plants and sparrow one could be mistaken for an english garden but then you have chip no mistaking you are not in the uk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. You can see that you have a sensitive soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good observation on the final photo "high five". That made me smile and I don't even like to do that high five thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable chippy and beautiful blooms and bounty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images GG, flowers, birds and Raspberries.
    Look, before long you will be complaining about the snow, so don't knock the warm weather too much.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace, it's good to see that Chip is doing okay, no little chiplets about so far then?? Perhaps he's not in the mood with all that heat!!

    Beautiful flowers from your garden...it must take all your time to keep them watered?

    And a high five from a Sparrow, whatever next?

    Have a great weekend...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait until you see all the beautiful sunflowers Chip has planted for you--next year will be blooming magic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice garden photos, but you can keep that hot weather. We were 52 degrees at our house last night and that's fine by me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, that is a nice little "critter" there, it's fabulous. And the flowers and the Song Sparrow, a high five to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! I especially like the "high five"! We here as well are enduring such awful humidity. I don't remember having such a summer for many, many years. I am sitting here listening to the rumbling of thunder, wishing the rain would come and clear the air but no such luck for the next several days. Your photos brighten the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL love the high five, its nice to think of it that way again as a paramedic our code name for an HIV patient was HIGH FIVE...
    GRACE, 70 sounds pretty good to this gal, we're at 96!
    Love all your photos chip sure is a cute ONE for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that 'high five' is meant for you and the beautiful pictures you show despite the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WAW..Thanks you so much, I guess Chip is one thing that didn't come over from the UK lol!!

    Tojav..thanks for your kind comment!

    John thanks...that was the first thought I had when I saw the photo..glad you liked it!!


    Thanks Teresa.. : }


    Roy thank you ...Yes I know,soon I will be complaining about the cold, but this is miserable!!


    Trevor thank you...stay tuned you never know what I might come up with next : }


    Thanks Sue.. yes I imagine I will have some nice ones! : }


    Thanks Al..52 sounds good right now!!

    Thanks Bob...glad you liked that Sparrow with the high five!!


    Thanks Cheryl..I wold love it if there was no humility..! : }

    Thanks Sondra....: }


    Thanks Ruth..that was sweet of you to say!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute little high five that is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Das ist eine fantastische Fotoserie...

    Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  16. See you're putting your time to good use teaching that sparrow to high five.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad your cute little guy is still around :-) Lovely garden shots! I like that last one. Has sort of an Olympic feel to it...wing raised to signify a completed landing! We got about 2" of rain and my wetlands are wet again...yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Grace,
    Seems like we are having similar weather... Today, it was 35 C' degrees and I was working at the garden center. Let me tell you it was really HOT!

    Nice pictures of your little friend, they are always so cute.

    Nice flowers too; my favorite for the composition is the hosta flowers's one, beautiful.

    Have a great Sunday and let's hope the heat goes down a bit!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just hope those workmen got a cold glass of beer from Grammy Grace after they slaved away in those sweltering temperatures while you just sat there clicking away with your camera on furry little creatures, Song Sparrows and garden flowers? Nice pictures though Grace and good enough for a gold medal from over here.

    By the way I have bone to pick with you - you sent me three identical comments last time. That meant clicking six times on the send button - what a waste of energy in all that sapping heat. Must be cos you love my blog so much?
    Guess what? Its raining here again, I'll send you a tub of water for those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your little Chipper, Grace!!
    AND your flowers and birds...

    i know what you mean about the weather...it's HOT and MUGGY here in north FL. all you have to do is step outside...and your clothes begin to stick to ya!

    my sons do outside work...concrete repair, stone & stucco work...i could never do that, i'd probably pass out from heat exhaustion!

    high five back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post Grace, your chipmunk is a cutie and you know how much I love them ;) Birds too, love how you got that sweet little bird's wing without a blur. Gorgeous flowers! I take my hat off to all who have to work out in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Grace, love your cute chipper and the all the birds. The flowers are gorgeous and the raspberries look yummy. High five back at you! Have a great week ahead, I hope it is cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chip is such a sweetie Grace, lovely photos of him :-) Good to see your flowers are doing well in the heat! We have heavy downpours here again and some areas have had more flooding :-(

    Love the photos of your little sparrow and its clever 'high five' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. haha...very odd high 5 but also a beautiful song sparrow!!

    i don't love when unknown men sweat on my things. you are very kind to worry about them. when did you become so sweet?? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty flowers, Grace, and I so appreciated the photo of the chipmunk. Don't have any here, and I miss them!! I have quite a lot of son sparrows and found a nest the other day. When I was researching it to id it, I learned that song sparrows will have 1 - 7 broods a season! Imagine that!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete