Was hoping for butterflies, but none to be seen!!
I didn't go far believe me...it was still very warm..especially walking on the road pavement!!
Muffy..the pavement wasn't so hot that it had turned to liquid lol!!
Queen Ann's Lace is one of my favorite wild flowers!
Cattail's, and Purple Pickerel Grass flowers in the back ground!!
A couple of Wren's on a distant dead tree ...they seemed to be keeping a close eye
on one that was flying above them ..not sure, but they seemed to be being feed !!
They would shake there feathers and chatter...but they don't look that young ..."any thoughts"?
Speedwell with the early morning sunlight behind them!!
Trefoil....showy, and thrives well in roadside sand and gravel!
I don't usually like taking photos of birds of a wire, but I loved the lift of.. especially his feet !!
I not sure, but I think it is a female Cowbird !!
One of the many wild Asters!!
White Wood?
Good old Golden Rod always a lovely bright color, but also a not a friend to those who are
allergic to it, and makes them sneeze... "Like me" " ahhhhh choo"!!
The door is in and looks great....the weather is back to hot, and muggy....yesterday the internet was off,and on again, so after getting my header changed..
getting in one comment, and trying for a few more that didn't work, I
just said forget this!! So that's where I was yesterday...getting some things accomplished : }!!
So far today it seems okay...so if all goes well I am posting tomorrow a bird that I was "so excited" to see
on my walk !!
Did anyone see the lightening last night..it was between11:30 to12:30 here !
It was constant flashing above a lower layer of clouds no thunder to be heard..just very eerie!!
If there is a name for that...does anybody know!!!
Good weekend to all!!!
enjoyed all of these shots! loved the cattails!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful header.That morning walk was well worth it. Each shot is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteFantastic photos ! Your header photo is awesome to ! The lighting you said you saw with no thunder could of been Heat lightning we get it here in the humid weather all the time ! Last year it was so amazing the heat lightning over the valley flashing through the clouds Papa got photos they were fantastic. Hope your internet works ok now for you doesn't that just drive ya nuts when you want to do something on the computer . Have a great day !
ReplyDeleteLOVE the cattails!! and the bird flying off the wire...and the tall violet flowers...Speedwell, never heard of that! NICE!!!
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend!
Beautiful pictures. The most I like those of birds. A nice nature around you.
ReplyDeleteI love the sweet Wrens, keeping their eyes open. It is wonderful come to there.
ReplyDeleteGrace, lovely post of birds and blooms. The Wrens are my favorite, cute capture. Gorgeous photos, wishing you a happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteSplendid flowers but the couple of wren is even more than splendid! Superb!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos--and your header picture is truly lovely.
ReplyDeleteHI Grace, glad you're getting some things done, a good door is a must!We've been having big loud rainy storms every evening for a couple weeks now, we need the rain, but it means a lot clean up each weekend...the trees are constantly losing deadwood...
ReplyDeleteLove your photos...the one off the wire and the wrens are really special...and the new header is awesome!
oh grace, there is a better reason not to get under a bird and take a picture ;)))
ReplyDeleteit's a great shot and with those pointed toes i think i would give that lift off a "10" (i don't think they score that way anymore, it's all very confusing now)!!
so, that's all i have, but on a "i also like to be nice note" your images are gorgeous, the new header is amazing!!
Beautiful photos, that must have been a great walk with all those flowers. Lightning and thunder can be an almost daily occurrence here this time of year, but muggy weather is very rare and rain not common.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy the wildflowers.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are lovely but I was really taken with your terrific hummingbird shot, the wrens, and that fantastic lift off!
We did have a storm a few nights ago. After a summer of drought, I stayed awake listening to the thunder and watching the lightning light up the bedroom walls. What a show!
Take care,
Jain
Thanks Teresa.. : }
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth...: }
Thank you Elaine..: }
Thanks Laura..like those cattails huh! I bet you could make something with them!! : }
Thank you Tojav : }
Thank you Bob..Wrens are wonderful! : }
Eileen thanks so much! : }
Chris thank you, and so glad to hear from you : }...hope you have some great photo to post!!
Sue thank you : }
Sondra thanks ...ya there is always something when you own a home : }
Debbie thanks..lol .. : }
Thanks Susan..me to : }
Jain thank you ...: }
Mornin' Grace, It's sunny here too and I'll be going for a walk soon to try and emulate your sightings, and while we have plenty of Wrens, I dont think I will see any Cowbirds, just cows maybe. By the way were those Wrens doing what comes naturally as one of them seems to be showing off his tail to the other one - try and remeber now. Not sure I can find as many colourful flowers as you do either, but I'll do my best. Good luck with the storm door - you're going to need it soon. Liked the turkeys too - there's some down the road from here on a little smallholding just fattening up for you know when.We take the grandkids to say hello but don't tell them the whole truth if you know what I mean. Have fun, talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteI love the cattail shot and the wrens. All the flowers are beautiful. Are Cowbird females that striped? Maybe a juvenile?
ReplyDeleteGot home from the coast at 10:30 this morn having left at 6:05 - in an effort to beat the heat - and i did ! Hot out there now though at 3 pm. So glad to be in my nice cool house!
ReplyDeleteHome renos are a pain but nice when all is said and done. And paid!
Wonderful images Grace and please accept my apologies for being late to comment.
ReplyDeleteHugs Drew xx
Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com