Monday, June 4, 2012

~~~Poppy's From Every Angle!!~~~

It is still raining "grrrr" , so I am glad I had gotten  photo's of these Poppy's Saturday before the rain arrived, beat the petals of ,and knocked them to the ground !!
Since it is such a dreary day I need to post something bright and cheery, so the Poppy's seemed fitting I think...at least they are for me !! l
So get out your sunglasses  ; }}
 Poppy's from every angle..

 All "frills and ruffles"!!!

View from behind ...still pretty!!

From the side...in layers!!
The bud droops, but when it first blooms they are face up to the sun!!

Dancing about like" ruffled skirts swirling in the breeze"!!

I was able to watch them turn and twist as the day went on with there faces to the sun !!


I hope to be seeing some lovely fields of poppies soon on some of my UK friends posts!! : }}


My "Sis" arrived yesterday afternoon, and is pretty much settled in...all is good
 ......so far ; }!!

31 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Grace. I love poppies and now I wish I had some growing in my yard. They are so pretty, lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore poppies and you certainly have done justice to these.

    Here too our first days of winter so far have been cold and windy with driving rain. Last night the safety switch for all our lights kicked in. Luckily, we still retained power to our power points. It was rather eerie with everything suddenly dark and the television going full blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy...you weren't kidding when you said from every angle!! hehe

    they are gorgeous!!

    we had rain all day today and i am just fine with that. i like a rain day, i needed an inside day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took some pictures of my poppies, too, on Friday before this #%}*^+%¥£€ rain started. Poor flowers! Poor farmers who get their livelihood from their crops....

    ReplyDelete
  5. they're beautiful. love how they look like tissue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos! I love poppies and wish I had them in my yard. These photos certainly were a bright spot in this dreary, still rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty! What a vibrant color, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE POPPIES! My sister in CO always has beautiful ones, the climate and soils are not suitable here, Ive never been able to get any to grow, BUT Im gonna try them in pots...I have a couple packs of seed!
    These are really LOVELY Grace, sorry the rain beat them up..dang...WE had some heavy rain here lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those poppies.Too bad the flowers don't last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness they are beautiful. The photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love poppies! Your's are great and I love picture #4 for the composition!

    Have a nice Tuesday!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you got the poppy photos, too. I love poppies but can't seem to grow them. I have tried both plants and seeds. They are so pretty! Love all the different angles. Have fun with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fotgrafien voller Poesie, sehr schön!

    Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poppies are such beautiful flowers Grace and you have captured that beauty perfectly!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos of the poppies. I especially like the dancing photo.

    I'm doing a bit of catch-up after a busy week. I liked all your photos of things with wings, and I loved the duck story. Glad to hear you're finally got all the stuff connected to your eye surgery out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you got to wonder how those poppies keep their heads up on those wibbly wobbly stems. A fleeting colour extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your poppy images GG.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are beautiful, I love Poppies. I loved the deer on the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey Grace,,, I love Poppies!! They remind me of fancy dresses! It looks like they are getting ready for a dance...love the ruffles!!! I want some of these at the perennial swap!!
    Hope you are doing well...hope it stops raining so we can enjoy our summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Grace,


    I needed that, we have also had rain for four days now and it is expected to stay with us for another five :(

    I love Poppies and never tire of them. They tend to be a little hit and miss here due to my heavy clay soil.
    I do have one at the moment that I am keeping my eye on as it is just about to pop. Hope the rain doesn't get it before I get an image :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Grace, only you could think of taking a picture of the backside of a poppy. Hope it stops raining soon for you. BBC just told us we have four more days of rain as it's coming straight across the Atlantic. Now I'm not holding you personally responsible but do you have any Red Indian blood in you and have you been dancing around your Wildlife Park after taking any of your "special medicine" lately?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Grace, the last picture is especially beautiful. Right now I am listening to instrumental guitar - very lively and happy. These delicate poppies truly look like they are about to dance. Ever wonder, if they were talking to each other what they might say? Thanks as always, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooooooh!! i LOVE poppies!! so cheery & bright.
    even their name makes me smile!!

    and your pictures are GREAT!! yes! they look like they're dancing in the breeze! thanks for the poppies in 360!! :) beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH and by the way...LOVE the header picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have some poppies in our wildflower area, but a different variety. I enjoyed yours and good you were able to capture them. Usually a windy day makes flower photo shots impossible for me to capture...so frustrating, but glad to see your captures came out so well. Hope your sister has a good visit before starting on the next phase of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The poppies are wonderful! Have fun with your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A real treat Grace.
    Beautiful colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your your description 'dancing about like ruffled skirts'.. its fits these beauties to a T, G.

    Thanks for sharing the beauty.
    Your blog is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i just stopped in...for another dose of POPPY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I missed this one on my comments page, but it was a day full of poppies, superb photos.

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW, I love these photos of the poppies. I would love to put those in my yard next year. Beautiful!


    Been tryin to catch up on looking at all your post. WOW, you have been busy snapping pic's. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete