Sunday, March 11, 2012

~~The Entertainment~~

 Here we are well into the month of March, and time to set the clock ahead an hour!!   I  feel like I have lost a weeks worth of time this past week...my eye appointment for March I got canceled due  to a lovely 10 inches of snow that fell on that day,now it will be the 22nd of March before I get in for these eyes which are at times so sore from eye strain I've had to curb my computer use ( I know poor baby right) lol!!    In the process of shoveling snow I did something to my back so was layed up with that for far more time then I liked , and in the mean time I get this darn sore throat,and a cough..grrr!!
Now if all that wasn't bad enough, all you camera clicking friends will really feel sorry for me because now my camera isn't feeling well...ya I knew that would get you ...lol!!
On a good note.. last Tuesday temps went up to 65f !!   The snow was melting so fast "joy oh joy" it was wonderful to see ...had decent weather since.. not 65, but nice !!
I have also had time to do some bird watching, and counts to add to the ebird list, and I already am seeing some returning birds at the feeders...so things are looking up!!

These are  photos of some my favorite friends ...always around, and provide great entertainment!!

House Finches galore are not going to let the Goldfinch get a spot to land!!



Dark eyed Junco ...sweet pose!!


They have been called foul weather birds, because they come to the
feeders when there is bad weather coming....I think they are
adorable!! 


I am very partial to the Eastern Bluebird...I don't like having favorites, but no matter
how many times I see that flash of blue and hear there sweet song I never tire of it!!



Who could not love these guys!!



Mr & Mrs Northern Cardinal !!



It's a party ..everyone is invited!!!



The friendly Chickadee..so cute!!


Hairy Woodpecker enjoying my home made suet!!


This must be heaven ..!!




Enjoy your Sunday ...just hanging out !! : }



32 comments:

  1. Hi Grace, sorry to hear of your rotten brakes, usually they come in threes not fours.

    When I saw that last shot, i felt like breaking into song about partridges and pear trees. The whole effect of the doves in the matching coloured tree is just gorgeous, as are your bluebirds and friends.

    Thank you so much for your wonderful support and comforting words during the worst of my nightmare. They were so very much appreciated.

    . . . Arija

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,

    So sorry to hear that you are unwell. Bad back, sore throat, cough.....sending you lots of healing hugs.

    You photographs would make lovely Christmas cards, they are so pretty.
    Goldfinch in flight is a lovely image.....lovely to see action in a photograph.

    Hope March 22nd comes quickly, so that you can get your eyes sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...alle Vögel sind schön da...

    Faszinierene Fotoserie, Danke...

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you have lots of nice and colorful friends around you! Hope you can fix the camera and yourself of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're definitely not having a good week, but hopefully you'll be doing better soon. And to add insult to injury you're camera is acting up. Sounds like the perfect excuse to get a new one....

    You've been getting a nice variety of birds at your feeders. I especially like your Junco shots. Here they're a summer bird and I always am happy to see them arrive--still a while to go for that though. We got a foot of snow this week too, but it's not melting anytime soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Grace, I hope your feeling a little better anyway.. you were missed yesterday morning at the missions summit...I love your photos today.. I never tire of your wonderful photography...the images you capture are amazing!!! Hope you have a good day and I get to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that a new week will bring new joys and less problems your way. These pictures are amazing.I love all the birds,but the Mourning Doves have to be my favourite shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. grace, i love when it snows, standing room only at the feeders. your feeders look like mine, we get all the same birds!!

    rough week girlfriend, you take care!! (i did not bust your chops on purpose ;)))

    your welcome ;)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOPE all those troubles will soon be fleeting memories Grace..and WOW you got some great friends keeping you company up there in the cold north...awesome photos of them too...THAT last shot of the doves is Magnificent...a true post card shot!!! OR maybe a Poster even!! Enjoy the meltdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Grace, I remembered you mentioning about the eyes. Then quickly all these other things. Admire the way you still share laughter with us. Keep that good humor. And thank you for treating us with such lovely pictures...the last looks like a painting. Now you continue to take care. Many care about you!

    Warm regards,

    Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your troubles, but these shots are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too hope the coming week is full of sunshine and bliss and not a problem to be seen.....

    I could look at these shots of birds all day...They are wonderful...The Dove really gets to me and of course the eastern blue bird is gorgeous...well I guess I could go on and on...I guess I just like them all.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Better than telly sometimes, could watch em for hours and not get bored

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos of your feathered friends. I miss mine, we are leaving Arizona next week to head home in northern Wisconsin, So I will be feeding them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant photos and the poor "old" eyes, I hope they stop hurting you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some wonderful bird shots that you could use for Christmas cards. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. NEAT picture of that Junco framed in the tree branch with the snow. Lovely.

    Sore backs from shoveling ... now I can relate to THAT.

    Hope those eyes hurry up and get fixed. AWFUL not to have sight.

    Oh, and to have a sick camera ... that is a hardship in deed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm enjoying all your bird photos. I love the juncos; but I'll be glad to see them leave because when they are gone spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Grace, just getting back to blog reading after being gone a week visiting family in NJ. Left Grenville home playing on the fen, much to his delight! Sorry to read about your back aches, and hope you have seen the lazy of snow shoveling for the season. I know you will be glad to get that eye problem resolved soon too and we hope all goes well. The bird shots are terrific, especially the lovely little junco and those finches and Mourning doves were wonderful!

    To answer your ? about my current camera, I am using a Canon PowerShot 130 and there is a more current model with a differ number designation. It's basically a point & shoot camera but works well for us as we each are using the same model. It's a big change from the fils and digital SLRs I have used in event years, but so very convenient and lightweight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Arija..thanks.. your comment is very kind!!

    Cheryl..thanks for the healing hugs and sweet words!!

    Hans-Peter..So glad you enjoyed he birds!!Thanks!


    Lasse thanks for the ecouraging words ; }


    Elaine...new one yes..Don't know where to start though so many!!
    Thanks!!

    Thanks Tracey..you wouldn't have wanted me there lol believe me!!
    Thanks!!

    Thanks Ruth..those Doves are so nice!!


    Debbie .. ; } thanks!!

    Sondra..thanks..glad you liked the Dove shot !!

    Seasons..you always say the kindest things, and I so appreciate that!! : }

    Teresa..thanks : }

    Nancy..thank ou for your kind words and wishes.. : }


    Hi Deb..yes indeed I couldn't agree with you more
    Thanks!!

    Muffy thanks alot...I'm sure your birds are missing your treats for them!!

    Thanks Bob...me to!! ; }


    Thanks Lois...I'll send you one : }


    leveta...thanks

    Hi B...thanks , and for the camera info ! : }}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the bird shots! Those doves are funny :-) Sorry about all the eye problems and back, too. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Grace, I know you must be anxious to get your eyes taken care of, it will all be good soon. What a terrific series of birds you have here. Bluebirds are one of my favorites also. I really like the last shot of the doves in the tree. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry to hear of all your troubles GG.
    I hope April is going to be a better month for you.
    What up with your camera.?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Grace, I do hope the cold and back are improving now, I just knew that snow shovelling would get you!!

    What a lovely variety of birds you have visiting the garden and all so pretty. Your House Finches look very like our Redpolls. The Juncos look lovely against the snow.

    I hope all goes well on the 22nd!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Mary...I have so many Doves it isn't even funny ...I have counted upwards to 40 this winter in the tree just of from the deck : }


    Larry thank you so much...I have so many shots of the Bluebirds from the winter..!!


    Hey Roy...It is aupposed to get far above normal, near 70 degrees by the end of the week ,right now 55 that should make me feel better.. Is it ok to email about the camera ??? if not it's ok I will do it here!!


    Hi Jan,,,yes the finch does look like the Red poll hard to identify if not close, then you can see the difference!
    Cold worse..sneezing, runny nose, coughing may be allergies since we are having a southerly flow of air right now ...thanks my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got a feeling of deja vu when I read your post Grace. But
    hey you got some cracking bird photos there, especially all those Mourning Doves, even with a dodgy camera and dodgy eyes. Get those fixed and there will be no stopping you! Take care now and keep counting down to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  27. aaaw sorry grace to hear of the Dr cancellation due to snow...and thyen to have to WAIT...ugh. and then also sorry about your sore throat...camera...BUT nice weather and ALL those birds!! yeah!! that's enough to lift your spirits!!

    LOVE all the pictures! the junco...on the pine...wow! looks like a christmas card!
    your header blue bird is a keeper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely bird photos. Your junco pic could be a Christmas card! sorry that you and your camera have been under the weather. I hope you are feeling well soon! Thanks for the visit and the comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Here's me rolling up late as usual.
    I hope you are feeling much better soon Grace but it's so lovely to see you still sharing your wonderful wildlife...
    Another big hug from Drew..xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes please email about he camera.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am a little late visiting this post but I had to comment on all the lovely birds. The snow does bring them into the feeders and we all get to see the beautiful birds up close. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Seriously, you should find a way to copy right these pics, because they WILL find their way onto Christmas cards! The juncos are super!

    ReplyDelete