I have not been out to get anything to post !! I still have more.. some okay, and some not so great photos of the Bohemian Waxwings that I didn't use on my first post of them, so these are it!!
These last three shots are heavy crop because for one thing I wanted to show the action of the birds eating!! They pick one of the branch... get it just right in there beak...toss it in the air and catch it !! I watched them do that over and over, so comical to watch!!
The other thing is that first photo and these three I was not in a good position when I took them to much toward the sun..yuck...but you just go for it while it's there..!!
This is how I noticed one of my problems with my camera or mostly the lens is there are a mess of spots. Look close in the first, and you can see in the upper left corner spots ..yup, and these last three where full of them to before I cropped!! I really have not done much about the problem yet ..with everything going on , but did consult the help of a very good blogger friend who has given me some advice and ideas to think about ...thanks my friend ; }... so when I get to feeling better .....: }}}!!
.jpg)
love the toss-and-catch routine! how neat!
ReplyDeleteLove their eating process....They are obviously very good at catching....
ReplyDeleteI love the Bohemian Waxwings, you have done it very well.
ReplyDeleteNo see , yes, you got me terrrrrrriiiiiiiiibly jealous ;-) I'm happy you managed to see them, because, as you know, for me that's the best bird sight ever. I love them so much!!! It's even better that you managed to see the cedar waxwings also and I would love to see that one, but it's not goona happen over here ;-) Thanks for letting me know you had so nice pictures of my fav!!! Well done, they are beautiful shots!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to see Grace...
ReplyDeleteI hope your feeling better xx
They are amazing birds GG. We have not seen any this winter, too mild and I think they haven't come far enough South.
ReplyDeleteGrace, wonderful series. These birds are gorgeous, I would love to see them too. I only see the Cedar Waxwings here. Great post and I enjoyed the photos. Have a great evening!
ReplyDeleteOur Cedar waxwings come in the warmer weather here they usually arive about June . Awesome photos ! They can be quite skittish and hard to photograph Last year I managed to get quite a few photos of one ! Hope your feeling better soon ! Is it your lense that has spots or your censor in side the camera may need to be cleaned . This is why I had to stop using my Nikon D60 cause it had the spots on the censor that should clean automaticaly every time it was turned on and off and to take it in to the camrea store wasnt any garante it could be fixed sometimes digital can be to high tech even for the pros ! I have now the Nikon D3100 cause I found out they dont make the D60 anymore go figure eh ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteFun to watch them devour all those berries. I like the shot against the bright blue sky.
ReplyDeleteWell captured, Grace. What lovely birds they are. I wonder if I will ever get to see one, there have hardly been any sightings here this Winter and as I mentioned before I have the dubious honour of being just about the only person not to see even one during the huge influx last Winter!
ReplyDeleteHello Grace,
ReplyDeleteI love these birds. We see them sometimes here in southern Québec. They are beautiful and always searching for fruits like the last one in your pictures.
I like these 3 last pictures; you really captured the movement of this bird feeding, great! Nice post, nice series.
Have a lovely day,
Louise
I love the waxwing...and your photos are quite lovely. I stopped over from Nancy's blog and thoroughly enjoyed seeing your beautiful grandkids and the photos you've captured.
ReplyDeleteI've missed seeing these birds here this year.
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely selection Grace.
Love the 'catch' in the last.
Thanks Teresa..glad you enjoy the routine act!!
ReplyDeleteHi Nancy ...fun to watch the fellars glad you enjoyed!! : }
Thanks so much Bob !! : }
Hi Chris...I am glad you enjoyed them ..knowing that they are your fav's I thought I'd make you jealous ; }}}
Thanks Andrew...
Hey Roy..they are fascinating to watch ..very intelligent and fun loving!! Thanks
Hi Eileen...Thanks, and I hope you do get to see them sometime!!
Thanks Elaine your comment on the post and the information on the camers ..much appreciated!!
Thanks Elaine...yes the sky in places was very bight blue ,,makes a good background!! Thanks
Jan...your time will come,they will be back, and you get a chance : }} Thanks ; }
Thanks Louise...I had wished the had not been so shaded those last three, but it still has the focus of what I wanted to show.. : }}
Hi Tracey..thanks for stopping by and leaving you kind comment
Hi Keith...love these fellar, and yes that berry poping was so great to watch ; } Thanks!!
Hi Grace, hope the weekend is a good one and that you are feeling better. Loved the eating sequence and who needs TV when there us entertainment like this right in your own back yard? Camera problems can be so annoying and Elaine may be correct about dust on the sensor. I don't have any digital SLRs anymore so thankfully no similar problems.
ReplyDeletethose are terrific waxwing pictures!! i wish we had them here...they're beautiful!!
ReplyDeletehappy weekend!
so happy for you that you have "entertainment" in your golden years!! haha
ReplyDeletemy nikon has been in the shop for at least 3 weeks now, i miss it so. we had a mishap at christmas which involved liquids....it needed a part and is going to cost $250.00 to fix and clean completely. the hubs takes his wii bowling very seriously!!
my husbands brother is married, but i got the "good one"!!
and thanks for the "heads up" on the tulip, i had not noticed.
hope you feel better soon!!
Hi Grace! Went to check on your previous post on the Bohemian Waxwings just before looking at these pictures. Spotted lens, lighting, or cropped pictures - these birds and pictures are just too beautiful to miss. Thanks for continuing to share. And please, continue to take care!
ReplyDeleteWell Hello! I have not been blogging or following blogs this winter...just been out of it all for awhile and now I am slowly catching up! I LOVE the photos, each and everyone of them. I also am just in awe of the way the birds feed themselves! These photos have brightened this gray, dreary and rainy day for me. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteWell Hello! I have not been blogging or following blogs this winter...just been out of it all for awhile and now I am slowly catching up! I LOVE the photos, each and everyone of them. I also am just in awe of the way the birds feed themselves! These photos have brightened this gray, dreary and rainy day for me. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteLove the waxwings....never ever get tired of seeing them. They are such beautiful birds. Hope you feel better soon and get the camera problems sorted out.
ReplyDeleteBohemian Waxwings???? OH my! I need to come and visit you!
ReplyDelete