Yesterday's was on Monday heading in a due South direction...Today's post ..Tuesdays walk.. we are due North right across the road !!
Before you start I just want to say I have quite a few photos today ( this is my blog.. lol) ..just letting you know...and against my better judgement there is No word verification!! : }
This is a photo looking toward the direction that was yesterday's walk ( South)
Yesterday I showed a shot looking this way from the hill in the background (North)
It doesn't look like it in this shot, but it is quite a distance
Turning back North; there is a lot of fields on this trail, and on big
one to cross and I am anxious to get tothe river!!
This is the same river that flows under the bridge on my road!!
Great day for reflections!!
The narrow crossing bridge that I have always heard about, but never
had seen before!!
I love the old pilings,and the reflection!!
The snowmobiles cross this bridge , but before I crossed it I thought I
would inspect it for safety ...lol!!
It would be hard to find the water line if it wasn't for the dark
water mark on the granite !!
I crossed the bridge ...in places you can see through to the water!!
Side rails where a little rickety,but had some lovely lichen growing on them!!(British Soldiers is the red
not sure of the other)
Other side of the bridge, and up a slope I saw this little shack ..not sure
what it is all about , but was hoping no one was there..lol!!
A bit future and I thought I had ended up in some other state or country!! lol
I had heard about the gravel pit, but wasn't expecting this!!
Trucks where hauling out of here and the mud was so bad it sucked your feet right in!!
I couldn't cross to get on the trail again, which was my thought to get to the main road
which I would walk back home on,and not back track!!
So back to the bridge!!!
From the bridge looking toward the fields to cross!!
Found some Beaver activity!!
Heading home..over" hill and dale"!!
I did so enjoy this walk.. I hope you did !
No apologies for the length : }!!!
PS..Phil I had my cell phone lol!!
Thanks for taking me along on your walk. You certainly have some lovely areas to walk.
ReplyDeletebeautiful reflections, and especially liked the limb in front of the water shot.
ReplyDeleteand THANK YOU for removing word verification!!!
Another very enjoyable walk Grace and lovely photos. I particularly liked the one taken from the bridge looking over the fields. I was fascinated by the Britsh Soldiers which I have never heard of, what's the betting it doesn't grow here in Britain ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for removing the word verification. I hope you don't have any problems. Since I removed it last week I have only had one bit of spam but Bloggers filter picked it up before it got on my blog.
thanks for the walk...and i don't even feel tired...OR cold!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful pictures!! i LOVE the water reflection shots!!
and YAY for no word verification...i hope it works out for you. it's so much nicer to just click PUBLISH!! :)
A wonderful post Grace.. I love seeing your wonderful local countryside.. keep on sharing it through the seasons.. it will at least keep you fit trying to discover more to share...
ReplyDeleteA big hug from Me xx
You don't need to apologize for the length, especially when the pictures are as beautiful as these ones! I don't know what is the story with word verification but I guess you can clarify that ;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your walk with us:) I loved the bridge, and the piling underneath. I also loved the beaver detail. Looks like it was a walk well savored:)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you added each picture; don't know how you would have deleted any of them...I love all the reflections in the water...and the beaver activity....
ReplyDeleteWonderful photographs; so glad you took us along on the walk...I really enjoyed myself; I just don't think I lost any weight.....
Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining...
That was a refreshing walk and the scenery was gorgeous. Of course,my favourites are the beautiful reflections.
ReplyDeleteEspecially love that second photo. It's amazing. And the bluebird in your header? That's as good as it gets.
ReplyDeleteI like the beaver gnawing. I've yet to see such a thing in the wild for myself yet. I too thank you for removing the word verification.
ReplyDeleteI love all the photos! That bridge is interesting and all the reflections. Lovely! Glad you did away with word verification. It has gotten awful with the two wavy words to try to decipher. Looks like you had a great walk.
ReplyDeleteYou took some really special images here GG, very professional.
ReplyDeleteYIPPIE Im so tired of that word verify thing..Its starting to make me freak out...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great walk you had...That beaver has been quiet busy eh..Love the lichen shot..super!!
Lovely series of shots and a wonderful walk. That second shot is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteGrace, I left an answer to your question about our snowfall in my comment section.
ReplyDeleteLovely snow landscapes Grace.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, I enjoyed the lovely walk. The snowy scenes and reflections look beautiful. And I love the lichen colors. Wonderful photos, have a great day.
ReplyDeleteThanks Muffy ..So glad you enjoyed!!
ReplyDeleteTeresa..Reflection are like magic : } thanks!!
Jan...British Soldier lichen lol..I will have to look into that ..Thanks!!: }
Laura..Glad you enjoyed and didn't get tired!! : ]
Andrew..thanks, I am glad you like seeing where I live ..as I do yours!!
Chris... Oh Thank you Sweetie..I am glad you liked and didn't mind the length!!
Euthymic...thanks I am glad you liked the piling and bridge..and the beaver carvings..: }
Nancy..thanks so glad you enjoyed the walk! : }
Ruth...thanks ..so glad you found it refreshing!! : ]
Jean..thanks for noticing the Bluebird on my header..they have been right here all winter! : }
John...thanks..hope you get to see a beaver sometime...one had stopped traffic dragging his treasured tree across the road to the river.and of course ..no camera ; }
Mary...thanks..glad you liked!!
Roy..wow thank you very much...: }
Sondra...thanks girl..like that chew art huh..I'll pass that along to the Beavers ; ]
Elaine..thank you..and I did see your snow report : }
Bob...Thanks my friend! : }
Elaine..thank you I glad you liked the walk ..hope your not tired : }}
Not sure a cell phone would work out there Grace, better take a GPS,a set of bright red flags and a spade to dig an overnight shelter. And don't go in that shack, that's definitely a trap for the innocent and unwary. Hey aren't those New Balance trainers of yours made in the UK? Hope so. I had some once but went back to Nike, now I'm so poor I just buy them from WalMart (Asda).
ReplyDeleteI love the bridge and the lichen. That gravel pit DOES look like another country! You sure are adventurous!
ReplyDelete