This walk is of the West end of my road onto another separate trail in a big field following the power lines !!
Straight ahead is not the marked trail,but just to the right, it goes onto
it, and that's where I am heading!!
This is looking at the lower part of the fields I just crossed...note the tracks in the foreground?
Coyote and Wild Turkey tracks!!
The trail goes of into the wooded area...I walked about
a half mile down in there!
I couldn't get my barings to where it would take me,and
no end in site I decided it was time to turn back!!
Gorgeous warm sunshine filtering through the trees!!
Then I saw this eeeks!
I dubbed this guy "Scarface",and if course that kind of speared me
on to get out of there!! : }
The Crow...!
This is the only bird I saw in the three days I walked...heard some !!
Back at the edge of the field ..instead of bactracking it I saw where someone
had gone up the edge on this side so I took that trial that
would lead me up to the main road!!
And up it is ...here I am down in the valley looking up and
can see only the top of this barn!!
A the top I just had to have a shot of the reflection of these
old snow fences !!
And another ..fascinating... to me anyway!
Alas the barn and only 100ft from the main road, and of home via it!!
I love this old,well kept,set of farm building, and have taken
many photos of it,and posted them!!
Just a note to say, I walked all these trails in my
New Balance, all terrain,low cut sneakers, my feet didn't get wet, and stayed warm..
"Do you think I might get a chance be be hired for ad's for New Balance"!! lol
As for me going of on my own ..I do take my cell phone, but if I encounter one of those
Coyotes, hmmm..I think I am more scared of man himself !!
Looks like an interesting walk. The snow fence shadows are neat.
ReplyDeletelove that farmstead! so pretty and well-maintained! and the snow fence brought back lots of good memories for me from Wis. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteI agree, give me a coyote anyday :)
Such lovely images Grace. What a stunning area you live in.
It must be a joy to walk, and not see another soul.
I really love those images of the snow fence.....clever girl, you have a good eye.
Wonderful shots, Grace!
ReplyDeleteLooks so peaceful and pretty and I love the snow fence with shadows.
That's just what I'd go for too.
I'm glad to know you take your phone with you on these nature walks!
Your new shoes sound great :-)
You'll soon be posting about Spring flowers while I'll be stoking our Autumn woodfire!
Thanks for visiting me and for your very kind comments, my friend.
I'm blessed to count you as a dear blog sister!
lots of love..Trish
It must be wonderful to walk in such a secluded area with nature as your companion....I am sure you come home with a relaxed and refreshed mindset....
ReplyDeleteSounds like those new tennis shoes were the trick...I might have to give them a try.....
Lovely snow driven photos. Thanks Grace.
ReplyDeleteWonderful Grace...
ReplyDeleteDon't be frightened of discovering new things..
I loved that face in the tree...I see them all the time.. xx
Take care x
The top of the barn is really good and I like the snow drift fences.
ReplyDeleteThe shadows of the snow fence on the snow is pretty cool. You could have fun with that and your camera. I guess you've checked to see that your cell phone works far off down the track that you are.
ReplyDeletea GREAT group of photo's but i adore the snow fence pictures!!
ReplyDeletei have missed busting your chops!!
Its a great trail, and I bet its fun to see those tracks in the snow..I see tracks in the Sand here! I have been so LAZY all winter and have not been walking much, since going back to work fulltime, its cut into my FUN times...so tired when I get home I dont have any thing left for a walk..Hope that changes SOON!!
ReplyDeleteLove the shadows from the snow fence shots. I think the coyote is more afraid of you. Let's hope so anyway!!
ReplyDeleteYour gorgeous pictures show a lovely walk. I don't care much for snowmobiles (or ATVs), so I'm kind of glad their season is over. Glad you aren't afraid to go out.
ReplyDeleteLove the snow fences! All great shots!
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely walk! Beautiful barn, and I like your snow reflections, especially the second one.
ReplyDeleteLoved this series, what a wonderful walk!
ReplyDeleteI live in New Balance. Besides slippers it's all I ever wear. Don't have a real shoe in my closet!
Three days walk? You must be pretty tired by now Grace so sit down and put your feet up with a cup of hot coffee or something similalry warming. By the way you could always use the old Girl Guide or Boy Scout trick of taking a long ball of string with you then follow that back home. I like the scary tree but like you say not in the gloom of an evening when an old pair of eyes can play tricks.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great place to walk. LOVE the face in the tree :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth. : }
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa. : }
Cheryl..4 legged instead of two anyday lol... : }
Thanks!
Thank you Trish for you sweet comment !! : }
Nancy..thanks,and yes is relaxing and refreshing! : }
Thanks Bob : }
Andrew thanks so much...fun seeing face in all kinds of places!! : }
Thank you Roy...I love that place...and the snow fence seem to be a hit : }
John thank you...yes I have tested my cell phone for service lol..usually not much problem here. : }
Debbie you devil you....thanks!! : }
Muffy thank you so much!! : }
Thanks Karen...I don't like the snowmobiles and such either , but it makes for good walking so I'll take advantage of it! : }
Thanks Reena : }
Thanks Elaine..it is a lovely set of buildings : }
Laura thanks so much! Yup it is socking feet,my NB sneakers and slip on Crocks : }}
Hey Phil thanks my friend...I get a kick put of those faces I find ..this one I especially liked!! : }
Thanks Kerri..ya the face was a funny find!! : }
My favorite photo of this post? It's always hard to choose from all your excellent photos, but my choice is...the barn roof peeking above the knoll.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhew Grace, I am exhausted after reading this post and catching up on earlier posts about your walks and I didn't even leave my chair! Thanks for going out and getting all that exercise for me and providing some scenic shots too. Sorry to read that the snow is going, but we have had warm temps here this week as well, but no snow to melt :-(
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice walk! I love the old barn and the fields and the photo of the snow fence! I do so miss tromping through the snow like that as long as there is a good warm fire and a hot cup of tea waiting for me when I return!
ReplyDeleteGreat set of images from your walk in the snow Grace.
ReplyDeleteI love 'Scarface', scary and funny at the same time!
And the snow fence, that's my sort of subject!, I would have spent hours taking photos from every which way!!
A very enjoyable walk Grace. Thanks for sharing it with us...[;o)
HI Jean...Thanks that farm is very photogenic..lol!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Beatrice for tagging along from your chair! lol
Thanks Katie..I wish there was a warm cup of tea waiting when I get home, but I also like living alone...making the tea myself is better lol!!
Thanks Trevor...and who say's I didn't take a bunch of shot's of the snow fence..had to narrow it down to a couple ; }
We've had a very mild winter with only 10" of the white stuff and that was last Tuesday. It lasted 2 days before the record high mid 60s of the past couple of days rolled in. now it's back down to 36, gale force winds are blowing and light flurries every now and then. Mother Nature has gone mad!
ReplyDeleteJust been catching up with these trail posts Grace, and enjoyed them all. Lovely to see the area around you through your camera. Looks like some great places to explore.
ReplyDelete