Tuesday, February 21, 2012

~~Walking The Trails~~

I personally don't see any great fun riding a snowmachine, snow sled or whatever you call them  ... here in Maine they say "going Snowmobiling" !!
I 'm not going into all the reason why , but the one thing I do like is that the trails they travel leave great packed snow that I can walk on !!   The trails near me and in many places follow the power lines that cut through wooded areas and fields ,and this is through a agreement with the power company and Snowmobile Clubs!! 


There are roads that they have to cross to get back one the trail on the other side!
About 1/8 of a mile from my home is one of these places and I got on this one on a gorgeous
day last week!!

A short ways in and your going up  ..and its seem that the Fox and Coyotes like the
trails also ..those are tracks to the left of the trail then on to it!!



Looking up a the top of the hill!!

On top ...looking back at the field across the road which
is tomorrows walk!


Into the wooded trail!!


Another road ahead to cross and a little bridge over a stream!



Love White Birch trees against the sky!! 

 


Of to one side this gate ...love gates!!
I try to get some since of where this would be if I was on the
local roads!!


I come up over a knoll , and Wow no end in sight ...I wondered where it would go to!!
Okay time to head back it is getting late...I wish there was a
way to go back without back tracking, but...  

Back at the big field and the hill on the other side!!


The barn that sits on the road that I will be back on to go home ..it looks close here, but it isn't!!

I am not thrilled as a nature lover about power lines cutting through virgin woodland and such or the exhaust and noise of snowmobiles ..,but I like my electricity and the chance to explore ; }
I do hope you like seeing a bit of the area where I live !!


14 comments:

  1. Grace, good to see you back with your unique brand of photography and commentary from a beautiful part of the world. I like all the pictures, but especially that old gate in the snow. You always seem to have something that might make a good postcard. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a amazing winter wonderland there. Love pictures of snow and sledding too. I wish we had snow. The earth is so quiet when it snows.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    About having Word Verification:

    Its taking me and many others, many times to try and post comments. Way too distorted. I have had to give up on posting comments as I cant make the words out. I hope you will consider taking off this option and going to monitoring your comments. I am not the only one that is having trouble either. Many like myself cant make out the second word and its forcing us to stop making comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, good with the bad. i used to enjoy the snowmobile trails in Wis. :)

    (would you consider removing word verification? the new style is TERRIBLE and makes commenting difficult! thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful post and photos ! Looks like a awesome place to live such beautiful land ! Thanks for taking us on your walk. Yes please the WV is causing havock in blog land ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. over here...it's 4 wheelers...not snowmobiles. same thing i guess...just snow vs mud!! ha!

    thanks for the COLD walk!!
    beautiful magical shots!
    all that snow...i love it!
    stream? what stream?! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace, I hope you are well all things considered and also that you got my email OK.

    Well, that looks quite chilly where you are, all the snow we had has gone now and we are promised some higher temperatures at the end of the week. It did look a nice walk though and you took some lovely photos. I too think old gates look attractive and power lines not so.

    Like so many others I have removed the word verification from my blog since they changed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks for that guided walk Grace. I'm glad you were there or I would have got lost in that white-out. Take care when you go out all alone over there, avoid those big bad wolves and just remember the story of Little Red Riding Hood, I'd hate something awaful to happen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes that is really good to see your area like this GG.
    I like Birch trees against blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well its very pretty....iT would be fun on Snowshoes or cross country skies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a nice hike. Here they are called snowmachines, and needless to say we have lots of them. They did lay down a nice trail for you, but I've got to agree I don't like the noise they create and the power lines are ugly, but like you I like my electricity. I love that shot of the birch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seasons thanks you so much! I appreciate you telling me that : }!

    Tammy...yes your right the earth is quite when it snow ..the silence out there was wonderful!
    Thanks!!


    Thanks Teresa!


    Thanks Elaine glad you enjoyed!!


    Hi Laura...Stream is there.. frozen lol!!
    Thanks!! : }


    Hi Jan..It really wasn't that cold..about 40F no wind!! Thanks!!


    Phil I don't know about you lol...yes I take my cell phone..for all the good it probably be if the big bad wolf appears!! Thanks!!


    Hey Roy..Glad you enjoyed..you should come and see it in person!!
    My favorite ...Thanks!!


    Sondra.. I did't need skies or snowshoes ..I wore my sneakers lol!! Thanks!!


    Hi Elaine...thanks...I imagine you do see alot of them there lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see trough out your eyes...and i fell I'm there...
    Thank you dear!
    BS

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great account of your trek through the snow Grace.

    You don't fancy joining the snowmobile set then?

    I really like the shot of the Birch trees against the blue sky.

    And I agree those power lines add nothing to the beautiful views...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great place to live and I enjoyed seeing it. I don't like wires either, but I sure like electricity and heat!

    ReplyDelete