Tuesday, February 14, 2012

~~Northern Cardinal~~

About a week ago I took some photos during a very pretty snow fall that coated the trees all fluffy and white!
 I was taking photos of the snow on the trees when suddenly a male Cardinal flew into the old  in the old apple tree in the backyard !!  The female flew in on a branch near by and the male joined her ..so darn cute!!
I was  going to post them ,but thought I will save them for Valentines Day!!!


Northern Cardinal






I think she is being a little shy hiding here face behind the twig, as she whispers something
 sweet in his ear!


Then he turns .... with his head back a bit looking at her as if
surprised at what she had said!!



He snuggles in closer, and in a deep whisper says " I love you to Sweetie"!!! ; }

"Happy Valentines Day"!!!

27 comments:

  1. eine wunderschöne Fotoserie...

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Those would make wonderful postcards/notecards. Love the contrast of the brilliant red against the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! A male cardinal in the snow is always stunning. I think she must have whispered a suggestion that shocked him....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet GG.

    Of course she could have been saying,
    "Its b...... cold out here, when are you going to build me a nest". {:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. How totally sweet is this post. My eyes were happy to see this precious couple in the tree, a pop of color in the dead of winter. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Keith...Cardianls are so devoted to there partner! : }


    Thank so much Hans-Peter!! : }


    Sue thank you that is a sharp contrast for sure!!! : }


    Jean thanks!! Hmmm you may be right...lol!! : }



    Hey Roy..thank you : } It is sweet ,but leave to a man to suggest it to be anything but "romantic"!!! ; }


    Thank You so much Tammy!!
    Cardinals seem to be very devoted to each other!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have it right. The cardinal should be known as the Valentine bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images Grace, just perfect for Valentines Day...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Grace I know you saved those lovebirds just for me you old softy. Are you sure you didn't just glue them togther on that branch though? - it all looks a bit suspicious and coincidental on Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute post and pretty shots of the Cardinal couple. Happy Valentine's Day, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful series of photos and just perfect for Valentine's Day! I love how they are snuggled together on the branch, whispering sweet nothin's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace,
    What amazing photos! The Red Cardinal would cheer up any picture! The red is vivd against the white/grey, very nice!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, sooo sweet!!! What a perfect Valentine, Grace. I am always struck by how very vividly coloured the male Cardinal is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, a lovely capture of a couple of lovebirds and in the perfect colors and setting. Happy belated hearts day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a BEAUTIFUL valentine picture!! looks so very christmas-y!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly beautiful Grace! I didn't have the chance to see it yesterday but these pictures are as good, believe me... And with your comments it's a short love story!
    Really, really sweet!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Grace...
    I hope you have a wonderful day XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. What love birds they are...so cute and so attentive to each other....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh...so sweet...and you have got snow...
    I have cold...here in north Portugal...but NO SNOW AT ALL...nor rain....
    Love your photos...
    BS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Grace, I just popped back to say I hope you received my email OK . Please don't think I expected an answer (I know it is a strain to use the computer) but I wanted to let you know I had sent it just in case it didn't get through due to any security settings you may have.

    Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. soooooo gorgeous! love the sunshine and ice and the fabulous cardinals. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! I hope you enjoyed Valentines Day and I hope you finally got to count some birds for the GBBC!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhhhhh.....what a sweet Valentine's Day post! They are the perfect bird for the day.....or any day :-)

    ReplyDelete