I am here with the camera pointing out the window it is raining pretty hard and freezing on contact with everything!!
White Breasted Nuthatch!!
The feeder even has icicles, and my poor little bird friends are out there in it!!
I haven't even gotten dressed for the day, not the ususal me, but for sure nobody is getting to my door without me knowing it because the driveway and the steps are glare ice.. eeeeks... I'll hear them when that take a flip ..ouch!!
It's just Mandy and I inside with the comfort of a warm fire !!
Outside the Nuthatch seems to be trying to tell me
"Do you know what it is like out here"
"Plus have you noticed that the feeder needs filling"
"I told him I see that",and have you seen the ice across that deck!!
Hey there " Happy New Year" Mr Goldfinch!!
"Same to you to buddy" now get out of my spot!!!
Ooop...I feeling a little tippy's...I'm out of here!!
Hope you don't end like this feeder...a bit tipsy!!
Please be safe as you celebrate...
Happy New Year
Welcome
**~~~**2012**~~~**
Wishing all my blogger friends the very best of everything in the new year !!
Thanks for your warm and wonderful friendships that make my world so much brighter
with your amazing photography, information, wit, humor and personalities..you are a great family!!

It's a slippery slope here, too, Grace I haven't stepped outside at all today. We're going to a dinner party this evening, so I hope the roads are fine by then.
ReplyDeleteHappy, healthy 2012 to you! I'm so glad your blog is part of my life.
It looks mighty cold on them feeders Grace .
ReplyDeleteWonderful birdie photos, Grace! I wish you and your a very happy and sae New year! Be careful on that ice.
ReplyDeleteIcicles on a bird feeder. I have not seen that before. Your Mandy is so cute. I had a cat that looked much like her. Ramona was her name. I had her from when I rescued her from a storm drain as a kitten to when she died in my arms 18 years later. Best to you and yours in 2012.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful birds outside, but I would follow your example and stay inside by the fire. :)
ReplyDeleteBrrrr. looks a bit chilly there Grace.
ReplyDeleteStay safe and warm, and all the best for the New Year...[;o)
STay safe in all that ice. I wish for you a NEw YEar filled with peace and love.
ReplyDeleteOH thats a good day to pull the covers over your head Grace brrrr...poor birdies I do wonder how they manage sometimes...We have some house finch arrivals today...its very warm here and tomorrow its gonna be 70...but then by Tuesday ole'man winter is coming to visit us...high of 45-
ReplyDeleteHope 2012 is smashing for you!!
CHEERS!
those images of the icy feeder are really pretty! although i do feel sorry for the birds and anyone who has to get out in that weather!
ReplyDeleteblessings to you! stay safe, warm and happy. see you in 2012!
Looks very cold at yours Grace... It's quite mild here at the moment +11c but very wet.
ReplyDeleteI hope 2012 is a lovely year for you..
Special big hugs.. Andrew xx
Is it cold? Have a grand new year in 2012.
ReplyDeletestay inside, safe and warm!! we are bunkered down as well!!
ReplyDeleteit was a gorgeous day in new jersey today, full sun 55!!
happy new year grammie....i hope 2012 is good to you!!
Its kinda dull, grey, mild and wet here GG.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you have a Happy New Year and a great 2012.
Hi Jean...thanks, crazy weather it always seems to be bad weather on a holiday ..be safe!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Steve...cold enough to form ice ,but not cold enoughto snow : }
Thanks!!
Hi Eileen ...I will..I just won't go out lol
Thanks!!
Thanks John...I much rather see snow on feeder than ice,but it is what it is ; }
Thanks Lois ...good advice : }
Hi Trevor...36f don't know what that is to you just damp and raw!!
Thanks!!
Hi Ruth..Thanks you and God bless!!
Hi Sondra...weather all over the gambit just nuts!!
Thanks
Thanks Teresa...pretty,but dangers..I am staying in!! : }
Hi Andrew...thank you so much !!
Thanks so very much Bob!!
Hi Debbie...thanks my friend : }!!
Hey Roy...There is a hazy moon out now, and it's very quite ..almost to quite : {...thanks for the wishes!!
Wishing you the best 2012, Grace!
ReplyDeleteDear Grace,
ReplyDeleteNo, tku for your heartwarming, funny, thought provoking posts.
You have always made me smile, even when life has been a bit of a struggle for you. That is a rare gift my friend.
Poor birds, don't you just feel so sorry for them.
Do take care, and wait for that ice to go.
Would love to join you and kitty for a cup of tea :)
Happy New Year Grace and may 2012 hold all your dreams and a lot more.
Nice garden birds you have there Grace, much more interesting to watch than the telly. If I was a bit closer I'd call in and top those feeders up for you, but why don't you wait until a vistor calls by and get them to do it for you?
ReplyDeleteWhat do you know, its still raining here,10 o'clock in the morning but dark enough to be 4pm - family here soon for the day then I'll open a Famous Grouse and toast the New Year - cheers my young pal.
Great shots. The nuthatch is a beauty.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Happy New Year to you and yours. Do be careful IF you have to go outside, better to take stay indoors by the fire. Cats always have the best ideas! Grenville and I have so enjoyed your blog posts and look forward to continuing into 2012. We are spending a week in NH and hope we will be able to meet and we will drive to your location too!
ReplyDeleteHerzlichen Dank Dir für Deine immer so großartigen Blogbeiträge und Deine wunderbaren Rezensionen zu meinen Werken im vergangenen Jahr.
ReplyDeleteIch wünsche Dir und Deiner Familie von ganzem Herzen ein gutes Neues Jahr 2012. Möge Euch im Neuen Jahr Gesundheit, Glück und Wohlergehen beschieden sein.
Herzlichst und liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Thank you gal for your sweet comments on our new addition. So you can see where I have been. Getting ready for her and trying to adjust to her since we got her.
ReplyDeleteI love your Sweet Mandy! reminds me of one we had growing up. Kiss that sweet nose for me.
May the lord keep you all safe this coming year.
Will try to touch base but think It will be hard to get on the computer much till we all adjust to this new life. I will sure try but if I miss some of your post I will sure try to get caught up soon.
Thanks Reena!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cheryl your a dear !!
Hey Phil...thanks my buddy!! : }
Thanks Adrian!! : }
Thank B..I will get to you!!
Thank you Hans-Peter for your kind words!!
Hi Tammy ...Your having fun aren't you lol..you and your new baby ; }!! Thanks!!
Happy New Year to you, dear Grace!!
ReplyDeleteMay it be a good one for you and your loved ones!
Thank you so much for all the beauty you've brought into my life through your exquisite photos.
God has blessed you with a wonderful gift for seeing and capturing His glorious creation!
It's very special and beautiful - and so are YOU!
I'm so glad we met in "Blogworld"!
Lots of love, blessings and {{hugs}}...Trish
Happy New Year Grammie G! we had a bit of freezing rain yesterday also and I also lit a fire. It soon cleared off but the roads were still a bit slick in the shady spots this morning. However, it warmed up quickly and we had a wonderfully sunny and warm day down here today. Stay off that icy deck!
ReplyDeleteHope the ice is gone for you now! We are getting some snow and are preparing to head outdoors to plant some native seeds to stratify. We will be in the comfort of our little potting shed so life is good. Thanks for your kind words! It feels so good to put good energy into the world and receive it!
ReplyDeleteBest to you in 2012! love j&s
hello grammie and a happy healthy new years to you and id also like to say you have been nominated for an Award please pop over to my blog and pick it up congratulations Heidi :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you too, and If you want I can send you some cm of snow to cover up the ice... We got an enormous amount of snow this year!!! ;-) Nice birdy story.... Could do the same over here with snow bunting and common wren if I had feeders ;-)
ReplyDeleteI loved the feeder photos and your captions, I smiled my way through each photo and its caption! We had a couple of goldfinches stop by a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen them since. I wish you a very Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThat looks pretty dam cold!
ReplyDeleteHope you are managing to keep warm Grace.
How on earth do those birds survive?
I'd say that nuthatch is making a rude gesture to the goldfinches....shame on him! Sure looks icy there! Brrrrrrr! What a gorgeous cat!
ReplyDeleteLovely, lovely....
ReplyDeletegreat set of photos you have here... Brrr...I'm cold...
HUG YOU!.