Am I upset about more snow .. "Heck No" anything that we get now will melt quickly!! Friday I believe we turned the corner, and now are heading toward days of warmth, garden clean up, baseball, fishing ,and "complaining" about "bugs" and how "hot it is". Did I hear a chorus of people say " no way bring the heat on " who are you kidding !!! We are never happy!! lol
Since my last post we have had some rain, fog, warmer temp's. It has been eating away at the layers and layers of this winters snow!! Friday the temperature quickly rose to 65 degrees ushered in on warm gusty winds of 40 mph.
I took a little walk to the rose garden stepping carefully around some patches of snow as I did so. I was checking on the rose bushes where only the week before sat 20 inches of snow , there was a Johnny-Jump-up in bloom!! "I was elated" "Yes"!!
A little frazzled on the edges,but in bloom!!
I was able to get to the old apple tree that has had a swing hanging from
it since my girls where little. I sat here and literally could see the snow
melting !! (I must admit I did swing some too!!)
A flock of Robins had come in during the week and they where
singing and searching the bare areas for worms. Joining them in song
was the Song Sparrows, newly arrived !! My eye caught a glimpse of blue
and I'm thinking the Eastern Bluebird is back, and sure enough his distinct
"turee, queedle" song was in the air!!
The sound of the water babbling done the run of ditch
on the back lawn, was like music to my ears!!
The same spot where I had taken the picture of the heavy
snow in my last post, going fast!!
The field I snowshoed all winter that is next to my property!!
"Amazingly almost bare"
At the river the ice is it about gone, and the ducks
have been arriving... I think these are Mallards,but
I couldn't tell for sure, they are the same that is on my header!
Common Merganser's ???
Look close, there in there!!
Saw that the beavers are out and at work!!
I got a brief look at two, but they where moving very fast!!
I also observed a Mink jump up on the ice near the edge
of the river...boy he "really" moves fast!!
Knowing that the weather is going to be a bumpy road for a while longer I was not surprised to wake up Saturday morning to a snow event !!
Before noon it was all over and melted away!!
I don't think that this Robin was to impressed about getting snowed on!!
It is still snowing so I'll keep everybody in
the loop about this one, but at this point nothing can get me down!!

I like your positive attitude,it is catching.My area is under a winter storm warning,this is not so good,but like you say,it won't be around for too long.Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteHello grammie it looks as tho spring is getting close with the blooms pretty colour to , i just showed my partner the tree were the beavers have been then he gave me a run down on why they carve there way through tree's ..id say he's been watching doco's again lol he's very noligable like that takes it all in ... i had to scroll down my photo's to see what picture you was talking about i for got she was standing there she loves being out doors and also takes it all in Bless her she is a dear little girl whom is just miss understood bye a lot of people but hopefully we will have our answers soon it's just a long prosess and a lot of appointments with specialst , tho there is defently censory issues but we will get to the bottom of it all so we can give her the right help to cope :-)
ReplyDeleteWe ended up with about 4" of the white stuff, it buried my Iris and Tulip sprouts and I'm not happy. Love the Johnny, I wonder how happy he is this morning? Resilient enough, he will be fine.
ReplyDeleteAnd those are definitely Mergansers. :)
Great images of the move into Spring. That beaver tree is something else. Plan on having a beaver lake nearby if they keep building!
ReplyDeleteLove your images!
Hi Ruth...thanks...its bound to come, stay positive!!
ReplyDeleteHi Heidi...thanks...we are getting there!!
I still have a hard time remembering that your going into your winter months. lol
Hope you have answers soon ...she is a sweet little thing!! Blessing !!
Hi Ney...I think thats about what we got to.
I bet the Monkey was mad ,not being able to ride his bike!!
It will be gone by the end of the day!!
I knew you would be able to tell if they where
"Mergansers", I lived your pictures yesterday of the "Eider's"..they where great!!
Hi Lois...thanks.. even with yesterday storm (which is melting already!)it is nice to step outside and hear the birds still singing!!
ReplyDeleteBeavers could carve those figures you had on your blog yesterday!! lol
Ha! Not ride his bike? Are you kidding me? He was on it at 7:15 this morning doing laps around the driveway. :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful post and photos. you are just like me , we are to get more snow but I am not worried all is gone from last time and it will go again this time fast as the ground is warm. as for the sounds of spring I am like you music to my ears. I love the swing I would swing on that for hours just watching and listening to nature! Have a great day !
ReplyDeleteLove those perky little Violas even if they are a little frazzeled at the edges
ReplyDeleteI really hope it gets warmer soon for you GG. You could really do with some of our mild temperatures now. We had 64f today.{:)
ReplyDeleteHi Grammie, how are you?? Don't you just love this time of year....we never quite know how the weather will be from one day to the next. Sweet spring, she is such a tease.
ReplyDeleteSweet viola.....charming. Also the swing. I love to swing....the child still is deep within and I honour that each day.
Mink are a problem here. They are not native and are destroying a lot of our wildlife. I see them sometimes at the edge of the ditches that run by the property.
Hey Ney...I guess that shouldn't surprise me...
ReplyDeletefunny little man he is !!
Hi C.Gal ...thanks so much!!
Yah..at this point you just roll with the punches. hahaha!!
I love swing on that thing, I also love rocking chair ..how about you??
Hi Debbie? (CS)The Violas are always the first flower I see...real hardy little ones. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteHey Roy..I would like to think you really meant that,..BUT...I sense a bit of teasing in your comment....I wonder why??? : }}
Hi Cheryl...I am fine.. and yourself?
ReplyDeleteIt is a day to day thing..Sweet Spring!! : }
To embrace the inner child helps to keep us young at heart, so keep honouring Cheryl!!
Oh my! Grammie you have two of my favourite things at the top of your post.
ReplyDeleteJohnny-Jump-Ups and a swing!!
I have to tell you..I'm not a 'spring chicken' any more but I'm planning on asking my hubby to build me a swing in our backyard ;-)
I have wonderful memories of swinging my day away while reading when younger!
I'm glad you enjoyed yours.
Such loveliness surrounds you, my blessed friend!
grace & joy..Trish
Hi Trish...I have to tell you I am not a spring chicken any more either, but the inner child still remains...skipping rope is totaly out of the question though!!
ReplyDeleteThanks; embrace your inner child and ask your husband to make you a swing!!
Much happiness!!
I'm so pleased you got some warm looking spring weather and deep blue sky Grammie G - about time, because it was looking like you'd get snowed in for ever. Take it easy on that swing, at our ages we can't afford to have a fall.
ReplyDeleteHi Grammie. Well you can't change natures course, so you with the flow .. I admir that positive stance. The colourful face of the Viloa would put a smile on any face. Great to see some of the snow receeding and the wildlife returning. Stay safe. FAB.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I won't rub it in but I've been gardening for the parents today in my shirtsleeves!!
Grammie G, we have seen you snowshoes and know how much you like the winter weather, so it's no surprise that you are not upset by the latest blast of winter - maybe the last? Enjoyed seeing how much the snow is disappearing compared to the pictures of just a month ago.
ReplyDeleteHi Phil..thanks my good friend!!
ReplyDeleteI'll be careful...sometimes I think "I hope this branch doesn't break" haha!!
Hi Frank...Thanks so very much...Frank you know very well you was rubbing it in!! hahaha!!
HI Beatrice ..The snow we had Monday (4 inches) is gone already !!
Thanks for coming by!!
What a GREAT attitude!! This winter has been much better in my area than last year. We had 55inches last year - which is unheard of for us.
ReplyDeleteLove that you took some time to Swing ..... life's little pleasures :)
Hi Kerri...thanks for coming by..last few days light snow...my grandpa called it poor mans fertilzer when it snowed this time of year!!
ReplyDeleteIt's all good!!
Yes "sweet"!!
Lovely! Spring is on the way!
ReplyDelete