Saturday, March 26, 2011

"This Past Week"

The week has been a pretty up and down weather week , but stepping out the door to the songs of the birds
that return daily from there winter homes is so encouraging.  I like to just stand still and listen to what there song is saying, of what the following spring and summer months have for me to enjoy,  I so hope that I do.
 These photo are some of the ones I have taken over the past week on my walks and around home !!


  I took this photo  last Saturday afternoon!!
The water was so still.. just like a mirror !!
Hard to believe I had got up to a snowfall that morning !!

A little further down stream  the Hooded Merganser was
making some ripples in the water!!

The Common Merganser's where sitting on thin ice!!

I liked the reflection of the barn in this one, with the Merganser!!



Saturday (16th) late evening "Super Moon"


Closer look!!


Sunday afternoon I sat on the deck and watched the
Chickadee's at the feeders!!
The sun was pretty warm and if you notice the
suet ball it was melting!

Found the right one!!


Then came Monday morning ...who ordered this !!


The Robin is hoping it melts real soon!!
A good amount was gone by the end of the day!


The snow we had on Monday has gone and the winters snow is
going fast, so now the Turkeys are able to move around
visiting the feeders in the neighborhood !!
Looks like he might like to try out the swing!!

Happy Robin on a pretty day!!


River monster..looks like...!!!

"Peek-a-Boo" Song Sparrow!!



"HEY"
I posed for this photo last saturday ..I should be first!!

I have had so much fun having this flat feeder right under my kitchen window.
Squirrels watch me,while I watch then !!!
I got my Wellies out yesterday..walked all around the back yard and waded in water like a kid !!
It is good for the inner child to come out...who cares if the neighbors think you have lost it...."well after a long winter anythings possible"!!




42 comments:

  1. What fun it has been to scroll through these images.My favourite has to be the first one.It is stunning.Having said that,I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha funny picture of the squirrel. Caught red handed! I don't think anybody ordered the snow...looking forward to warm evenings and flowers blooming! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun images around your place. :) That squirrel is a trip! Just love the look on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scroll through your week. Would love to see a hooded merganser right about now!! They are so pretty. But roadrunners will have to suffice! Hang in there, GrammieG. Spring IS coming!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi grammie , picture perfect that first photo is just beautiful , but then so are all of them i love the snow picture, and Squirrel how cute wish we had them here lol
    anyhow enjoy your week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your pictures remind me that spring really is around the corner... although, after Monday, it didn't seem it. Im tired of the cold and the wind.! You are such a great photographer. I boggles my mind how you get some of these pictures. Hope your doing well, I'm on the mend... see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice GG, very nice. I didn't take any pictures of the snow covered trees that last storm, I didn't want to acknowledge that there was 'more snow'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are wonderful. I to just stand there and listen to the birds sing just drinking in their beautiful little songs. Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Ruth...thanks so much..I like the way that one came out to!!

    Hi Mike..Thanks ..those Squirrels have been so darn funny and have got to the point that they aren't even afraid!!

    Hi Lois...Thanks..don't you just love that face...there are so many caption that could go with that photo!!


    Hi Karen...Roadrunners huh "beep-beep"!!haha!!
    Thanks.. glad you enjoyed!!



    Hi Heidi...Thanks so much..the Red Squirrel is adorable,but they can be destructive to...that face gets you every time though!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Tracey...happy to hear that your doing better...you are doing what your supposed to????
    Thanks so much... you are to sweet my friend!!
    Take it easy and I will see you soon!!

    Hey Ney...well I debated if I should include that photo, I think people probably are sick of seeing our snow here!!
    Mom thanks you.."my daughter"!!


    Hi CG...I love how the birds that return just seem happy to be back no matter the weather!!
    Thanks ever so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Grammie G. I don't think you have "lost it" just because you walk around with your wellies on in the snow and the pitch black taking photos all week long. How dare your neighbours even think of that, have they never heard of March Madness?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Grace, I lost it years ago and am so happy that I did. Who are we hurting?? Surely we give good entertainment value as well...lol

    I love the contrast in your images....brilliant sunshine and reflective waters, such a feeling of calm....and then woooosh I am back in winter, its snowing. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the squirrel photo...made me smile :-) Such lovely scenery and don't you love seeing the changes start to take place for a new season?

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Phil...thanks ..that's a good one..I'll use that if I have too!!

    Hi Cheryl.."Right"
    who cares what the neighbors think!! Phil above gave me good ammunition if I need it!!hahaha!!
    I hope we get a little better balance soon, but for now I will enjoy ..one day at a time!!
    Thanks my friend!!

    Hi Mary..4 more days left in this month..hard to believe!! Things should really start to happen then!
    Thanks so much ...glad I made you smile...hope you are making progress with you knee!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the super moon pics! We wanted to see it here but alas the clouds denied us the opportunity. Hope your weekend is great, the sun is shining and the snow is no more! :) Thanks for your encouragement. We're bone tired lots, but there's no better way sometimes. :) The sun shined today and we soaked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grammie G!

    Aren't all the signs of spring wonderful to behold? ... you've done a great job of capturing yours.

    We have a mild, sunny day here and the snow is melting away FAST. Yea! My front yard is still well coated but the driveway is clear but somewhat muddy.

    Yes, we need to let the inner child out! I had my BOGS on out walking ... so good to be able to walk through a puddle if you have too (or not) and know you're feet will be warm and dry. I love my bogs.

    Have a great week! ~Cicero~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the dusting of snow you sent. Too bad it only lasted till 2 this afternoon. Now it's just Eastern Shore MUD. But tomorrow is MUDDAY :-). Don't worry about the neighbors. Mine have thought i was crazy since we moved here. It gives them something to talk about, bless there hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi J&S..thanks so much,sorry you didn't get to see it...I wasn't sure we would either!!
    You have working hard, and I'm glad you took some time to soak up the sunshine!!

    Hi Cicero...good to hear that your snow is melting too...In a few days it will be April hopefully things will start to change!!

    Glad you got to go out to play to in the mud and water to.LOL

    Thanks so much, and have a great week!!


    Hey Grenville...you more than welcome..lol no problem!!
    Now that you mention it I probably am a good source of intertainment to!!
    Hope you have a good Mudday :~ }}!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL When I saw all those lovely sunny photos then BANG that snow I was shocked... but I guess its melting now--it is great to let the Inner child come out to play--I agree!
    Enjoyed your photos very much-
    we are into our 4th rain day now...we need it but its pretty gloomy for the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely moon shot GG. When is that snow going to give up.?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sondra...lol I bet you was shocked, so was I, but it melts so fast this time of year it's of no concern at this point!!
    We have had 3 blustery cold days,but sunny!! (March winds I suppose)burrr!!
    Thanks so very much, happy you enjoyed!!


    Hey Roy..Thank you!!
    Snow what snow lol... It is just about over, most of the winters snow is gone, and what falls now my grandfather used to call "poor mans's fertilizer"

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely insight into your life...looked like spring waa arriving..them bang more snow. Hopefuly summer will soon be with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Andrew...thank you so much!!
    It really is just part of spring for us!!
    Snow here today ..gone tomorrow!!
    It will be soon that we can complain about the heat!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grammie G, I'm a little late in checking this latest snow post. But like our Sunday snowfall, your seems to have gone by fast. We don't get squirrls at the flat feeders (thankfully) just the hordes of unwelcome and voracious grackles, starlings and blackbirds - your visitor is a cuter subject. Can we borrow for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI Kerri..thanks ever so much!! :}


    Hi Beatrice...well you can borrow him, but they to can be a nusiance when they start chewing on the feeder,or windowsill you have to keep an eye on them.."cute little buggers" : }}
    Thanks for coming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the reflected blue in that first photo. It is gorgeous, and your little squirrel photo cracks me up. Soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kelly..Thanks so much...can you achieve that blue in your paints?? : }
    He's a character isn't he!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My dear Grammie G, you haven't lost it - you've FOUND it!!!
    And what a treasure it is!
    I love your joy and appreciation for God's beautiful creation :-)
    I always leave here with a happy heart - thank you!!!
    love in Jesus..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful post! Above all I love the shots of the super moon! It looks so otherwordly! Stupid me, I missed that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  30. HI Trish...You are so sweet thanks so much!!
    His creation is here for us to enjoy, and it is beautiful!!!
    Blessing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Hilke...Thank you very much!!
    Your not stupid...lets just say it was a cloudy night!! : }}

    ReplyDelete
  32. Whow Grammie, what a mixed time you've had. I never pay any attention to what the neighbours think (or say .. sometimes!) They probably think I'm mad wandering around with bins to my eyes staring into the sky. Hope the weather improves soon for you. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a mix of weather you are getting; sun and snow.
    Love the mix of birds too; and a great pose from the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Frank...Thanks ...we probably are great entertainment, and doesn't cost them a thing. lol


    Hi Keith..thanks my friend!!
    We will get there soon and when we do I hope to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great post. I love the Hoodies, here they are fairly rare and I look for them whenever I can. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  36. HI Bill...Thanks for your comment and stopping by !!
    They ususlly show up on the river ever spring, and they are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. My, it looks cold there! Lovely birdy photos and the Squirrel is so cheeky looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I got my Wellies out yesterday to wade to the compost bin. We got almost a foot of snow in the April Fools storm. We didn't lose our power, like you, but it flickered off and on twice, both times when I was in the middle of writing a new blog post. Spring WILL come to Maine at some point, won't it??!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. HI Jean..."YES"Jean this is a "SPRING"!!
    I does seem like we go from winter to summer every year though lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was looking for a new post now you got your Internet back, but all I find is the old stuff and excuses after a miserly bit of snow that just wets yer boots. I'll come looking again so just make sure there's some new pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Catching up, Grammie. What a great collection of critters, landscapes, moonscapes... I always spook our ducks before I can capture them, can't get nearly so close to the turkeys, and clouds covered our big moon last month. It looks like you'd better keep that squirrel well-fed or he just might storm the house! Sending spring-weather wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete