This is my daughter and my son-in laws home!!
I took it from the corner of the barn to have an perspective on
the layout of the building locations. The mountain is across the road!!
From the roadside looking down there drive, and what you see
beyond are far as the eye can see is Canada!!
There driveway comes out right at the bottom of this photo,
and this hill my sister and I went sledding on all winter!!
We also would have a fire half way down the hill
and go sledding at night . We could slid down across the
flat area and half way up the drive to our home!!
I would love to have a dollar for every time I went down and
climbed back up that hill *sigh*
I love this grove of White Birch that sets near the end of the
driveway!!!
This mountain I climbed, roamed, investigated and spent many hour
enjoying the beauty of the forest !!
The bedroom in my daughters home where I slept, looks out on this!!
There bedroom looks out over the other side to Canada!!
Right behind this beautiful White Birch used to set a one
room school house. My sister did her first year of school there!
I am 14 months younger and the teacher used to let me
set in with the other kids occasionally, and I always was there
to play at recess!! : }}
I will end with a few photos from my Grandparents days!!
This drawing was done by my older sister,from and old
picture and from memory! We spent many happy days here!!
My daughters home sits back up the hill from here...I'm not to go at measurements,
but I would say approx. 600ft
This is my Grandparents !
My Grandfather is holding my Mom. (Probably the fall of 1921)
They are setting on the knoll that is very close to where my daughters home sits!!
This is my Mom with the Sheep on the farm!!
Now my daughters Sheep walk the fields here!!
The house and property was willed to my uncle..who's property adjoined it!!
Years took its toll on the house and passing away of family left most of the property for sale !!
I am very pleased that at least 50 acres will remain in the family!!


Beautiful blue sky and great scenery GG. Its also good to keep and look at old photographs like that. So many memories.
ReplyDeleteHey Roy..thanks...you should see how beautiful it is in the Fall (oops Autumn) from this vantage point...but I'm not going to rush the seasons.."goodness nooo"!!!
ReplyDeleteI am happy to have the old photos.
We sure have come a long way in the field of photography haven't we!!
What a wonderful legacy. It is so good to have so many memories and images of your childhood. What a beautiful place! Thank you for the tour.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lois
Very nice post! My great grandparents once had a large farm that included an apple orchard. Unfortunately, when interstate 91 was being built, they were forced to sell most of their land to the government to make way. I hope to buy what little bit is left one day. When we drive to Springfield to see my grandma, we pass by the old, unkempt rows of apple trees on the side of the highway. They called it Grochmal's Grove.
ReplyDeleteHi Lois...thank you for coming along, and your lovely comment!
ReplyDeleteHi M.W... thank you!!
My grandparents farm had a fairly large orchard to!! Some of the trees are still there and they are original ones!! We used to get in trouble for climbing in them!! : }}
Ahhh... the government we have in this free country... do we really own anything???
I hope you can buy some of that land someday!!
This place has a lot of beauty.Thanks for sharing this .
ReplyDeleteGives me goose bumps. I'm here to confirm that it is in an absolutely gorgeous part of the state, as long as you like long cold winters!!
ReplyDeleteHi Ruth ..you are so welcome ..thank you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Karen...Hahaha!! Cold ,but surprisingly your body does adjust to it!! I remember it being 30 below and we played outside. The air up there is very dry not like it is living near the coast!! Thanks!!!
Your memories of your childhood in Aroostook County remind me of life at my grandparents' farm near Fredericton, NB. It sure is beautiful countryside up there, isn't it. How wonderful that your daughter has a home on the original family property.
ReplyDeleteGrammie G. aside from all that white stuff still on the ground, the scenery looks lovely. Actually I DO like seeing the snow and it was great reading about your memories AND seeing the family archives. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Jean..It will be nice when my daughter has grandchildren(??) to know that they to will walk on the same ground,and see that same view!!
ReplyDeleteHi Beatrice..I know everybody hates see the white stuff haha!!
Thank you so much,and it was fun for me having everybody along!!
What a wonderful tribute to your family.. I love the pictures and all the history in your family yuor've shared! It very familiar..like Jim's family and the land we live on...love it!! Miss you lots,especially as my secret sister!!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful home on a beautiful piece of land!
ReplyDeleteHi Tracey..Thanks so much kiddo!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't great to have that connection to the past, almost like it didn't exists though!!
Well we can be sisters just not a secret anymore...love you to!!
Hi Jeannie...I will pass that along to her!!!
Really enjoyed the visit round the farm grammie.
ReplyDeleteSome great memories for you there.
Hi Keith ...thanks my good friend...yes many!!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful post. Lovely memories very well shared. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHI Andrew..Thank you for you kind words!!
ReplyDeleteI am finding it sort of therapeutic for the lack of a better word, to share the good memories.
Have a good weekend my friend!!
A lovely story and memories GG. From my times in Canada I always remember the pride you folks have in your own country and how the Canadian flag is planted in almost every garden. You must have been a wealthy family to own a car GG, we just had Shanks' Pony or a bicycle.
ReplyDeleteHey Phil...Yes, if have to saddle-up next to another country Canadians can't be beat!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure about wealthy Phil..I think my Grandpa had to bring a lot of milk, eggs, and butter into the city, that took all day by horse and wagon to buy that car!! hahaha!!
Beautiful, beautiful place! So glad some of that land is still in your family. What memories you hold from that place. :) Thinking of you and hoping spring arrive warmly.
ReplyDeleteHi J&S...thanks ever so much, you two are sweet!!
ReplyDelete