Monday, March 7, 2011

"A Visit To The County" (Life's a Coop)

This morning there was a new blanket of 8 inches of snow on the ground, so some path shoveling was in order!!
Here is the barn and the building on the side is the "Chicken Coop"!!  Well I wouldn't exactly call it a coop,not with eight windows, (screens included) lol !!  No..this is not your average chicken coop!!
What can I say ..she loves them!!
( Don't forget clicking on the picture will give a larger picture)



The Shoveling Shepherdess!!
She is actually shoveling  for a spoiled little "Lady"
pictured below!!


Short legs not great in deep snow!!



"King Rocky"!!



"Prince Bard"



"On the job"


"Can't you see I'm busy"
This is serious business you know!!


Notice the comb on this one is not like the other chickens,
 and looks somewhat like the roasters????
"It" lays eggs??



Nice sunny, and warm in there!!



Some break time!!
Look at the one on the front rail ...I think that's more than a break!!
Do chickens snore????


"Time to punch the time clock".
"My work is done"!!


Tomorrow's post will be a look at the view and scenery of the area!!

To Lois... who asked if my daughter sells the yarn from yesterdays post, and
to anyone else interested ..I have her permission to show a picture of here tag
with the information on it!!
Here it is!

25 comments:

  1. That place looks more like a hotel to me - far too comfortable for Jungle Fowl. Mine's an omelette please with just a dash of black pepper and salt. Commiserations about yet more snow Grammie G - it'll soon be spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil..hahahaha!! never heard that one before..Jungle Fowl huh!!
    Thanks for the encouragement about spring...I'm ready at this point!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is already arriving here in SE Ohio, sorry to see you guys in Maine having to deal with more snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THose chickens look very well cared for.I am not the greatest friend of chickens but these do look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by !! I'm ready for spring,but we will be a bit longer dealing with the snow ,then we can complain about the bugs and hot weather lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth... yes they are well cared for and seem to be quite contented and friendly. ..I know not everybody like chickens!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My what a beautiful coop. Lucky chickens!

    And lucky dog too, getting special paths dug out. I shouldn't talk because I do the same for Mingus. He has even SHORTER legs.

    Beautiful sunshine at the moment and soon I'm out the door on a walk with my Mingus. Mingus is TWO years old today. We have to celebrate. He got a new stuffy bear named "Wally".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cicero..She is a animal lover and she comes by it easily, there was always animals at home when she was growing up rabbits, ducks, sheep, chickens,pigs geese,cats,dogs and who know what all hahaha!!
    Happy Birthday "Mingus"

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister in Monmouth told me yesterday more snow was expected! I guess so!! Chin up, it can't last long now!! Love your new header! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images. I love seeing how these chickens are "loved." :)) Thanks for the yarn info. It seems it would be cool for her to have an on line shop, but that's a lot of work, too.... If she is already marketing her yarn to local retailers, she doesn't need to sell on line. :))

    Oh, really cute doggie, too!!!

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen...yes this will melt and it will be spring when the time is "right",but couldn't it be "right" now!! Haha!!
    Thanks!!

    Hi Lois...It is so cute to see her with the animals...there was a time in her teens when we dubbed her "Miss Hair and Nails"!! What a change! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Hen shots GG, especially the group on the perch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Roy...thanks ..I thought you might like them and the sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grammie G, these fowl birds were having one nice hen party in those swank digs, so unlike the poultry houses we see around the eastern shore (thankfully). And the sheep from yesterday's post were really fun to see. Glad you had such a nice visit, but too bad about more snow - rain here all day on Sunday with more on the way this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi A.L...Thanks for coming by ...sorry I missed you in all the above comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grammie,,,, what the heck is that white stuff???? Was there an explosion at the local flour mill????? Maybe you could hitch up the sheep to a plow...
    Like Beatrice said, we are in the rainy season. Some of the manure is out, but it might be a while till i get to till (might be a good title for a county song). Big news is i harvested some fresh spinach today. Sorry no pictures,,, we ate it too fast.
    Grenville (a little less sore today).

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a-ok! You get a lot of traffic on your blog so no hard feelings :) Thanks for the comment and kind words on my blog as well. You should become a follower so you can stay up today on my postings! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Beatrice ...Now those "chicks" know how to live!!lol
    It was a lovely visit ,can't wait to go back!!

    Hi Grenville..."White stuff what white stuff" I guess I must be getting used to it hardly notice any more!! hahaha!!
    This to shall pass and we can complain about the heat !!
    Hope you enjoyed that spinach!!there is nothing like fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grammie, these photos of your daughter's farm are beautiful!!
    What a blessing to live in such a pretty place with those wonderful animals :-)
    Thanks for showing us around - I'm really enjoying it!
    bless you..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  21. If it wasn't for all the snow, it'd be perfect. Jim would be jealous of that coop... we are planning on building on ourselves this summer... oh.. the sound of crowing in the morning. Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm off to MIllinocket this morning.. have a great week my friend.. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those chickens live better than me lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Keith..hahaha!! If you get desperate, I'll see what I can do about accommodations!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete