Friday, March 11, 2011

"March Weather"

The month of March can bring a varied gamut of weather patterns. A tug of war between Winter and Spring, a seemingly unfair battle fought with black angry skies, sideways driven snow, fueled by howling winds out of the North West !!
A beautiful blue sky filled day with pleasant warmth from a sun that is waring against a day to day change in temperatures that can go from being 30 degrees above one morning and -2 degrees the next.
Today I believe Spring is holding it's own.  Rain and fog have been the weapons of chose since the wee hours of the morning, and a temperature that has risen to 42 degrees has taken a toll on layers of the many storms they left snow measured by the foot throughout the winter!!
A few days ago that was not the case!!
We was having a beautiful sunny day , not a cloud in the sky, with temp's around 30 degrees, when about 3:30 it started to get dark.  I stepped out onto the deck to have a look and there was one of those out of no where "March blasts"!!

The dark clouds closing in on the sun!



They swirled around until the sun disappeared completely!!
I could see the snow coming and heard the wind howling
So dashed inside!!


No sooner had I got inside, and back can the Red Squirrel I had
scared of when I went out, and the snow started to fall!!


I think he is trying to tell me here what he thinks of these
huge wet wind driven snow flakes blowing out of the N.W.


This lasted for 20 minutes and was over....this photo doesn't
anyway show the sideways blowing snow!!


As fast as it came it was on its way out and beams
of sun and blue sky started to appear!!


Big billows of dark gray clouds moving away
leaving in its wake trees spattered with snow on one side
top to bottom!!


Big puffy white clouds roll past !!


It was no time after this photo when the sky was
sunny and blue again!

I found this quote by Mark Twain that is a little exaggerate,
but has the idea about the crazy weather that we can have in Spring!!

In Spring I have counted one hundred and thirty six different
kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours.  ~ Mark Twain

"No Winter last forever"
"No Spring skips its turn."

27 comments:

  1. Winter has a way of hanging on longer than we would like it to.
    Outside the wi d is fierce and the snow is being blown around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun series of images. That's what they say around here, "If you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Ruth...One thing about any snow we get now we know it not going to last...we are almost there!!

    Hi Lois...thanks so much ..when there is nothing else to talk about there is always the weather. :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photographs are getting seriously good Grammie G, especially those colour black and white ones, but I dont envy you that white out. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phil..Thats real good,I see what ya stepping in hahaha!!
    No worse than the weather you complain about..icy fingers lol!!
    Hey thanks, and a great on to you to !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grammie G. Hope the weekend weather is good your way. This was a very dramatic and beautiful set of images - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beatrice..thank you!!
    It is still 40 degrees windy and partly cloudy, but still alot of the white stuff to melt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry but I'm so happy I'm not the only one under the flakes ;-) Here it was -12°C this morning and it went down to -5°C in the afternoon, enough drop for a small bird watching tour ;-) You got very nice winter scenery pictures ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chris ...Hahaha...and I thought you was a "Sweetie"!!
    That's ok I at least know that I am not alone!
    We have had some pretty big snow storms in April!! It's not over yet!!
    Take care of yourself!!
    Thanks "Sweetie"... (yes you are forgivien)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grammie, what a beautiful gallery of photos! The stormy sky and snow are really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the swirling clouds photos, what great captures. Yes, we too experienced the burst of snow for a few minutes. The temperature dropped so quickly as well. Everything was pretty afterwards but I am glad that the snow is fast disappearing. Bring on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grammie. I thought us Brits were the only ones who constantly talk AND complain about the weather ... lol.
    Damp and dreary over here today but hopefully the sun will reappear sometime this week. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Grammie. I love the first pic of the dark clouds and white trees. We've been staying in the upper 40's to 50's lately. Almost time to plow and plant here, if it ever dries out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my favooorite parts of spring - the big thunderstorms. They must be amplified for you up on that hill!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jain...thanks!! Hopefully though it will be green grass soon!!

    Hi Cheryl...Thanks...I'm with you at this point ...bring it on!!


    HI Frank..Everybody complains...we are never happy!!
    Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The weather is crazy for sure Grammie G! Right now I am down at the coast. It has rained almost solid since arriving down on Saturday but today there is a bit of a break between storms. Mingus and I were able to get down to the river to dig for a few wells. I'm busy cleaning up dust left by the construction crew. Place looks not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cicero..We get to have some decent weather after awhile...hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fantastic and dramatic cloud and sky shots GG.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Grenville ...sorry I just realised I published your comment but, didn't thank you...and one of my best friends at that, yikes!! Thanks!!

    Hi Mike.. one of my newest friends and did the same to you as Grenville "sorry".
    Thanks for coming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Roy...Thanks very much!!
    I appreciate you kind comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are having funny weather too :-)
    Lovely sunny mornings and cold thunderstorms each afternoon.
    I love the photos Grammy!
    I know you must be sick of snow by now - but it looks wonderful in all your pics!
    The squirrel is precious :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi trish...thanks very much...hopefully soon no more pictures with snow in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post grammie, I love those angry looking sky pictures. You are certainly getting plenty of snow there lol
    Seems like your weather is as changeable as ours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Keith.... Thanks so much my friend....it rained and snowed today, but the rain won.Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hopefully spring isn't too far away Grammie. We are still getting the odd frosty night but the days are getting longer and warmer.
    Take care.. Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI Andrew...thanks for the encouraging words!!
    Hope all goes well Saturday !!

    ReplyDelete