Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Is There Such A Thing As Spring"

We have had no snow storms for about two weeks now, well a couple of 1 inch snow falls but they don't count, with the warm sun it is gone in no time on roads and cleared surfaces!!

We are at no lack of snow that is for sure!  With cold nights from 8 to 14 degrees and days around 30 degrees has kept the snow cover pretty much in place!! 
 
This is an example of what it's like!


Snowmobiles still have plenty of snow on the trails!!


But on a brighter note the Chickadee has been
singing the song it usually starts this time of year
I call it the "Sweetiee- Sweetiee song!!


Even brighter note, the male Mourning Doves have been uttering there
distinctive  "cooOOoo-woo-woo-woooo
to attract a mate!!

"Cold morning"...."Sun bathers"!!
Sitting on the top of one of my rose garden arbors
How many heads do you see??? (no prizes)
"Come on sun ..rise and shine"!!
"I can't puff up any more than this"!!

One in front decided to change position;
it's tail end must have needed some warmth

Slow signs ,but for sure Spring will arrive, and we can complain about the heat !



Did somebody say something about heat!!
Do you know what it is like out here!!

At first I thought this was a "peeping tom", but he actually was the "window repair mammal" !!
After taking this picture I found that my window wasn't dirty after all.  : }}  It is a thermopane window and the seal has a leak making little tiny white specks barely visible
 but the camera lens picks it up and thus the appearance of the crazed looking
"Gray Squirrel"

"Hope he gave you a chuckle"


29 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, it does look cold there! Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks much like it does here.Yes,before you know it we will be fretting about the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lois..thank you... your going home at a good time!!


    Hi Ruth .."never happy are we" thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first winter in a number of years that I haven't spent in Maine. I'm glad I changed my routine this year and headed for TX! I try not to complain about the heat because I dislike the cold so very much. Hang in there, spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Och, Grammie, we are in a deep freeze here too and spring seems like a far distant possibility. We really need the snow melt as our lakes are so low so we can't really complain ... but on the other hand, spring like weather would be lovely.

    Your squirrel was a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen..yes you sure did pick a great winter to head to Texas!!

    Hi Jeannie...Like those snowmobile trails to run on don't ya!!

    Hi Cicero...It seems like this is the part where it stsrts to drag.
    Glad you like my squirrel!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The squirrel shot is excellent and I love the dove ones too!!! The snow is gone over here and we have now 7°C, so spring is closer over here than for you ;-) Well ti will come eventually, you are closer than in December ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The answere is "Yes" Grammie G, but obviously not quite yet where you live and I don't envy you those big chunks of snow or driving on compacted tracks, but if the chickadees are singing I think they know a thing or two, so be patient. And at least in the meantime you seem to be having fun with the camera - should keep you from making mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sweetie...Thanks so much!!
    I can't believe you have no snow!!


    Hey Phil..thanks full I appreciate your knowledge lol.
    I'm of to the get North-- Aroostook County that is to visit my oldest daughter for a couple of days so won't be around ...I know you miss "my comments" hahaha : }}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos.
    I am beginning to feel the same, that spring is a long way away. We have had a few days of warmer weather and sun but every time we do we get hit again with snow , what's with that ! it snowed again last night after a nice day yesterday and then we are to get more snow for today Fri and Sat when will it stop ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Grammie, you made me smile for sure....too funny.

    You still have so much snow.....I dread the thought that the snow could return in my part of the world. It has been known.....

    I tried to count the birdy heads but gave up as there wasn't a prize....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grammie I have really enjoyed reading this post. Lovely images and yes spring does look a fair way off over in yoyr part of the world. I have some of my spring flowers appearing in my garden and although still wet we are warming up a bit. Love your squirrel.
    Best wishes Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gramie G. perhaps it's been snowing so much so that you could get a lot of use out of those nifty, new snow shoes you got earlier this season? Maybe if you put them away, the snow would let up...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today's storm has changed your landscape, I betcha! We've got a foot of new snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely shots of the Doves GG.
    That Grey Squirrel looks like it should be locked up somewhere.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's no spring here today, that's for sure. How about you? We got at least 12" of new snow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL the crazed squirrel! How can you stand all that snow? The more I see of your snow, the more I'm glad I live in southern Indiana. I'm just not cut out for all that cold....brrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi CG....Thanks...another 12 inches added Friday here while I was gone!!

    HI Cheryl...glad you had a laugh..and thanks!!!

    HI Andrew...Thank you so much,but did you really have to tell me about your spring flowers??? lol : }}


    Hi Beatrice ...you may have a point there..it's worth a try!!

    Hey Roy...Thanks you ...yes for sure!! : }]

    HI Jean..Went up North Thursday (Houlton)thought they would get more snow in the storm ...got home tonight(Saturday) to 12 inches of snow.. they only got about 8 inches!!
    I hope it warms up some to!!
    Seems this end of the state got more if you have that much!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mary...if you grow up with it,it is just natural, and we don't have to deal with hurricanes, tornado,and the like either, so give me snow!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those doves; but they do look cold.
    I bet it's nice to see the sun; a shame it isn't melting all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI Grammie, thanks for stopping off to see my Refreshed post--I think Spring is either here or at the very least teasing us into action. I hope its on its way to your neck of the woods next! Love that Squirrel SHOT..he is really giving you the eye--lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate rushing time, but spring cannot come soon enough this year. We were suppposed to have a thaw this weekend, but got even more snow. Your winter pictures are lovely nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Keith...thanks my friend!!

    Hi Sondra..thanks for stopping by an leaving a comment,and your welcome!!!

    Hi Ruth..thanks for coming by and for you comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grammie, you live in such fairytale surroundings!
    All the beautiful scenery and precious creatures you see, make me think of Beatrix Potter :-)
    Absolutely lovely photos, as usual.
    I think the squirrel is a gorgeous little chap lol!
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Trish...Thanks so much for you sweet comment!!.
    I love Beatrix Potter and Fairytale creatures..that make me have a new perspective on how I look at things!! Thanks again ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Spring, spring, spring! It's what we want! :) How fun would a gathering be?! We love to travel and have never been NE so who knows?! Take care Grammie!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi J&S..Yes that would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Went for a nice walk this morning and was surprised to see how much the snowbanks have melted already.

    ReplyDelete