40 degrees may not sound warm to some of you, but when I can go out for a walk without gloves ,hat , scarf and layers ; down to just a fleece jacket that's warm to me !!
I took my road walk route, still a lot of places where it is hard to walk the edges away from the traffic because of the snow banks!!
I have posted a lot of pictures of the sky,clouds ,sunset ,but I guess I am so captivated by the sky and its beauty that I always have more pictures every time, I am just in awe ....well ...maybe only when it is not producing a major storm! : }}
Growing up my sister and I would lay on our backs in the fields, .. the knee bent position, with one foot propped on the other knee... I can visualize it as I write, and look for animals or other object shapes in the clouds. There was times when we where supposed to be helping our Mom pick wild strawberries , but we would be laying in a patch eating them (yum) and watching the clouds....."Oh.Ya".....we got in trouble!!
(Remember to click on pictures for close look)
"Yesterday's Walk "
Leaving the driveway; looking up over garage roof covered
in snow!!
Arriving back home...clouds nearing the sunset!!
I couldn't believe I was out for 2 hours ...must like it huh!!
"Odd sky look from a walk last week"
Hard to believe that's the sun under there!
"Weird"
Hard to get the sun rises from my homes position,
(of course if I got up earlier )!!
From my deck...just starting to show!!
"Sun" ...just over in back to left!!
The sunrise position is changing a little bit at a time as we head
into the next couple of months into spring!!
"Some pictures of the sunset I took from the deck recently"
Sunrises and sunsets; some say "after awhile they all look the same",
but "I beg to differ"!!
I still see shapes in the clouds, and I'm sure you do to ....
If you don't you probably aren't taking the time to allow yourself to be
Captivated!!
I am new to your blog,but hope to be stopping by regularily.These pictures are wonderful.Love that blue sky.
ReplyDeleteRuth
Your photos are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing as a kid lay in the field and watch the shapes in the clouds.
Hubby and I also watch the sky's at night we are into Astronamy we have the special sky pod shed with the retracting roof and all the equipment for the night sky's its amazing!Some times we just lay out in the summer in lawn chairs and star gaze with binoculars its amazing how many more stars you see with them then the naked eye! Have a wonderful day !
Hi Ruth..thanks for visiting and you lovely comment!!
ReplyDeleteHey C.G.....Thank you very much!!
My sister and I used to set on our bed at night
and look out the window at the stars and moon,and sometimes we'd get scared wondering about it all!! I still look out the window at the stars before I get in bed..in the winter they are especially bright and the sky so full of them!!
These are beautiful sky pictures! I have sunrises and sunsets on my blog even though they don't really fit my theme. I still miss Steve Wilson's Blue Jay Barrens blog.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! So very nice!
ReplyDeleteWe are big sky watchers out at sea, too. Your images are great!
WOW... That sounds like beach weather for sure. We hit 68 f yesterday on the preserve i was working on. It is on Metompkin Bay but so close to the Atlantic you might as well say it is Ocean Front (hope the developers didn't hear that :-) ). The clouds are always great watching material, but my photos never come out good. That's why i leave it to Beatrice. Hope you have a 'warm' weekend.
ReplyDeleteGrenville
Hi Katie...thanks very much....and yes I miss Steve too,and I tryed some things to find him, but nothing!!
ReplyDeleteHi Lois...Thanks, and you must see some gorgeous skies out there on the water!!
Hi Grenville...thanks, and for sure beach weather ; }}
Gee 68f thats a heat wave..be careful out there in that heat!!
Grammie, your images are glorious and capture the subject perfectly.
ReplyDeleteLet me leave you with a poem I found in my gt. grandma's poetry book. It is written by Bee McMullen.....
God's Highway....
Some people pass through this wonderful world
And never look up at the sky;
Its nothing to them that the larks sing there
While the great white clouds sail by.
Its nothing to them that millions of stars
Weave a silver web at night
They do not know of the hush that falls
When the dawn gives birth to light.
Oh, pity the people with all your heart
Who never look up at the sky
So many beautiful sights they miss
As the pageant of God goes by.
Hugs X
Who will not be captivated by such a wonderful nature show. your pictures are so beautiful! Well done, the pink is really pink in the sky ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat first image, so unusual GG.
ReplyDeleteLots of lovely cloud shots which are always interesting.
Hi Cheryl..thank you for that lovely poem !!
ReplyDeleteIt is so fitting of this post. Today is "my birthday," and I going to claim that as a gift from you my friend. It is beautiful ♥
Hi Chris..Thank you so very much ...you are a "Sweetie"!!
ReplyDeleteAbout the pink,it seem to be more of a winter sunset occurrence. The sun rays reflect back on the cloud and gives that lovely ping glow!!
Hey Roy...Thank you so very much!!
I like it when something unusual comes into my view begging for attention ...and I'm captivated ♥
So it was you that took all the strawberries I had earmarked to present to my girl friend? Boy did you cause me some aggro. But I'll let you off beacuse you find such good pictures, even over the garage roof!
ReplyDeleteHey Phil.."golly gee" I sure am sorry about that..did you marry that girlfriend..if not what does it matter anyway,hahaha!!
ReplyDeleteYou better let me of the hook, today is my birthday and I'm getting old and cranky!!
Good think you live on the other side of the pond!!
Seriously thanks so much!!
Beautiful images and great compostion with the trees. You have a talent grammie g.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from me, take care.
Andrew
Hi Andrew..thank you very much, I'll except that compliment!! : }}
ReplyDeleteTake Care ♥
Hi Grammie. Belated Birthday greetings. Fabulous sky views ... mine is mainly grey at the moment but I do love watching the clouds drift over.
ReplyDeleteHi Frank...thanks for the greetings..you must have read some comments lol!!
ReplyDeleteWishing you sunny skies!!
Love those glorious sky photos! I wish I could get some good sunrise and sunset photos here, but trees are in the way.
ReplyDeleteGreat imagery, Grammie G. and a welcome change from all that white stuff. Temp is supposed to reach near 70 today; should we save it and send it your way?
ReplyDeleteHi Jean..Thank you so much..have a great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteHi Beatrice.. "Absolutely" We hit 50 yesterday
but it's going to take a lot more than that to melt this stuff!!
Thanks !! Have a great weekend!!
Happy belated birthday....I hope you had a wonderful day and that family spoilt you a little??
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased that you liked the poem......
Hi Cheryl..."How sweet of you to do this"..thank you sooo much!!
ReplyDeleteFamily is not real close by ,but will be seeing them over next few weekends,but have dear friends who did indulge me!
Thanks again my friend ♥
Hi Grammie,
ReplyDeleteI love your sky photos very much!!
I can relate to you and your sister gazing up at the clouds - my brother and I did this for hours on some days!
Such lovely memories :-)
Thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comment. I hope I look as good as my mother and aunt too, should I reach their ages !!
Have a blessed day..Trish
Gorgeous skies! I love the second one and the sunset photos. We used to lie in the grass looking at the clouds, too and we also picked wild strawberries...which were so sweet and good. I would love to have some of those now.
ReplyDeleteHi Trish...Thanks so much ,glad you enjoyed!!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary...thanks a lot!!
My Mom made wild strawberry jam, so very good and sweet,and it took a lot of them to do it too!!
Such beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteYou make me so homesick.
Hi Possum...thank you so much, I am sorry that they make you homesick though!! ♥
ReplyDeleteBeautiful skies. The ones from your 'deck' are lovely. All I have for a view is other houses lol
ReplyDelete