Fresh snow fall and temperature in the teens,"well"???? No wind and late January's warm sunshine
"okay" I'm going to do it !!
"okay" I'm going to do it !!
I dressed appropriately for the occasion... and off I went headed out across the fields to a place I had not snowshoed before!!
I soon found out that this area had a lot of soft fluffy snow,
and tough going since I was sinking in a lot !!
Sure glad I have a pair of "gaiters" !!
They are a covering that goes on over the pant leg, with a strap to go
under the boot to prevent snow
from getting into the boots!! They are water proof ,and great for other
conditions too... even tall wet grass!!
"Sunshine and silk"
Typical Maine winter scene!!
Landing strip for a large bird....not sure who.. perhaps Hawk or Crow ??
Closer look at wing patterns!!
Look somewhat like heart shapes!!
Distant barn!!
"Heading down the back side of the knoll"
"Snow Capped birds nest in the brier's"
Wonder if the bird will be back next year ...
notice the "X" to mark the spot!! : }
"Sun filtering through the underbrush"
"A pasture at one time"
"Frosted with snow"
Beech tree leaves linger all winter!!
Tommorrow
Part II
"Slush, Snowmachine tracks, Scenery, and Sunset!!"

Looks like afun walk, Grammie G. We got no snow here just LOTS of rain on Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteAll gorgeous shots Grammie but the print of the birds wing in the snow are just amazing. I wonder what it was........nature does such wonderful things, doesn't she?
ReplyDeleteMaine is very beautiful......and seems unspoilt.
Look forward to part two.
Hi Beatrice...I do enjoy it!!
ReplyDeleteBest to get rain down there instead of ice or snow!!
Hi Cheryl..thank you so much....
Isn't it fun finding these amazing things..."you know" your always finding them in your garden
Grammy G, I have to say you sure have a good eye for a picture. What I don't understand is how there is so much snow but also so much sun to make the photos so bright. Over here we get snow and grey skies. Does it only snow at night in Maine or did you rent a snow machine? I love that picture of the bird pattern in the snow.
ReplyDeleteHi Phil..Thank you so much !!
ReplyDeleteWell...Phil I am in control of the weather here ...not!! lol
If you think about how bright the sun is on the snow it is hard have the snow not have a blue look!!
Yes we do have snow during the day, but even just a cloudy day the snow makes it pretty bright!!
Sorry about your lousy light conditions Phil...lol : }
Grammie G, I applaud you for heading out on your snowshoes. You certainly were rewarded with some beautiful photos. Brought back winter time memories of hiking and cross country skiing through the property up at the Goodwill Hinckley school in Fairfield. I have shots of those same feather patterns. Aren't they just beautiful? ~karen
ReplyDeleteAnother set of lovely snow scenes GG.
ReplyDeleteHI Karen...Thanks so much!!
ReplyDeleteHey I,m glad I brought back memories for you "good" I hope lol : }} Fairfield huh!!
Ya.. the feather patterns are great aren't they!!
Hey Roy...Thanks ever so much!!
Hi Grammie. I don't envy you all that snow but I enjoyed the walk nonetheless. Fabulous imprint in the snow and as Phil said "the light is so good" .. lucky you but hopefully we may see the sun tomorrow! Cheers FAB.
ReplyDeleteHi Frank..thank you!!
ReplyDeleteIf you lived here you either would make the best of it or complain lol : }}
Hope you get some sun!!
Absolutely beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteI would love to snow shoe through the woods and take photos but I dont think my knee would do well right now. Your snowshoeing and photography are a insperation to us all !
Hi Ken & Elaine...Oh thanks you so much..that is very sweet of you to say!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pics, Grammie! Especially enjoyed Sushine & Silk and the bird wings in the snow! I'd have 'shoe'd with you if only I could have!
ReplyDeleteHi Jain..thanks.. those are my favorites...like treasures!!!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to have the company!! : }}
Love the bird snow angel prints! Bet it was a hawk grabbing a victim. That Beech leaf is huge and a great photo.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary...thank very much...I think it was a hawk too..there has been one hanging around, and also an Eagel!!
ReplyDeleteI love the wing outline and milkweed pods! We are getting lots of ice right now. Hoping it ends before we have lots of broken trees. Stay warm and safe!
ReplyDeleteHi Guys thank you....you stay safe too!!
ReplyDelete