The" Turtlehead "I am refering to is a wildflower plant!!
When I was a kid my sister and I was always looking this time of year to find them in the swampy areas near our home!! (didn't take much to entertain us) : } ;
I discovered some growing in the low damp part in the back on my property this past week ..and so goes my story in pictures!

Turtlehead
Chelone Glabra
In Greek mythology there was a nymph named Chelone
who insulted the Gods so they turned her into a turtle
thus the scientific name . " To funny " lol
While I was taking a picture of the plant this guy happened along!!
"How do you get into this thing"
"Hello" is there any pollen, nectar in there!!

The door sure isn't open very wide!!
Bee butt!!
Sure hope I can get backed out of here!!
+2.jpg)
+2.jpg)

Okay,, first, I'm so glad you doing Bible Study on Wednesdays!!! Second, I want to come visit you small piece of heaven you have in your backyard. You never cease to amaze me with your photos and what you capture. I love the last picture of the bee with his butt sticking out!! You started my day with a smile today.. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteGrammie G., you crack me up. Great post today that created a smile on my face that I was very much in need of. I know, wintering in C. Maine, from bad to worse! I must be insane! Esp. when I think of all the bitter cold, windy days I went birding along the banks of the Kennebec R. and out to the farmer's fields. I stayed on the grounds of the old Hinckley School in Fairfield with my sister. Who, sadly, has moved to a much smaller abode in Litchfield and has no more room for me. Guess I'll just have to winter with my daughter in S. Tx. this year. Boo hoo! ~karen (KaHolly)
ReplyDeleteYou and your Sister led a sheltered life GG. {:)
ReplyDeleteHey Tracey..glad I could give you a giggle!!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome to see my garden...things are winding down now and the rain did nothing but beat the poor things!!
Hi Karen ..Litchfield is a very short way from me!!
Did you see where I told you I live in Lisbon!!
Winter in Texas doesn't sound so bad!!
Thank you ...I'm glad a made your day!!
Hey Roy.."thanks alot"...we lived way out in the country in the fifties what did you exspect... you wasn't even thought of yet!! { ; }
...that last photo is classic!!! You made me laugh...
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have ever seen these flowers. The bee butt shot is so funny! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat sequence of the bee lol
ReplyDeleteHey GG, I rather think I was thought of, I was born in the countryside of Somerset just over 18 months after the end of WWII.
ReplyDeleteHI Kelley...thanks ...happy to ablige!!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary....I think they may be a bit picky about where they grow ...bee was cooperative!!
Hi Kieth...Glad you enjoyed..: }
Hey Roy...I apologize..I guess you where thought of!! I did not realize you was an old fart!! lol ; }
ReplyDeleteI was born in a little back road country town called Linneus 17 months before the end of the war( on my side of the pond that was Sept 1945)
Now is this out and out war or are we getting out the white flags and calling a truce!! lol : }
You just don't look old enough to have been born in the war GG.
ReplyDeleteAre you sure you don't mean 1955. {:)
Whats that saying, "Make love not war." {;)
Hey Roy...well my birth certificate says that I was born in 1944. I was a war baby complete with food ration booklet with my name on it only half used, I have as a keepsake!! : }
ReplyDeleteMaybe you are older than you think since your "sight" must be going if you don't think I look that old!! lol : }
Perhaps I had better stop there or we may have to get out the white flags again !! lol ; }
Such nifty images. And, I was born in the same year and also had the ration booklet. Isn't it fun to have all those memories and still feel so young!
ReplyDeleteHi Lois...When I think of it I really have a hard thinking that WOW...I can't believe it... I don't feel like I am!! : }
ReplyDeleteHeavens when my Mom was even in here fifties I thought that was real OLD!!
You to have the same memories!!
Thanks !!
I always enjoy your posts but this one sure was funny...gotta love the bee butt! I had never seen such a plant, very unique.
ReplyDelete